Sign in to follow this  
norfolkchance1

Blackpool Ticket Price

Is it just me or is £26 to sit in an open air (golf course style) stand at Blackpool absolutely ridiculous.

How come it is us that always have to pay this sort of price, earlier in season we went to Forest and were charged £26/27 yet last week I looked in Prestons programme and their supporters were being charged £20 to go there.

Someone is taking the p*ss

In the past some clubs have had a mutual agreement to reduce admission prices for each other''s fans.  I don''t know whether this still occurs or whether it''s something we have ever done. 

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]Is it just me or is £26 to sit in an open air (golf course style) stand at Blackpool absolutely ridiculous.

How come it is us that always have to pay this sort of price, earlier in season we went to Forest and were charged £26/27 yet last week I looked in Prestons programme and their supporters were being charged £20 to go there.

Someone is taking the p*ss[/quote]Preston V Blackpool is a big derby game for both clubs so the only thing I can suggest is that there is some kind of gentlemans agreement between the two clubs for cheaper tickets for away fans at both of their stadiums. But even £20 seems alot of money to go to their stadium.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]Is it just me or is £26 to sit in an open air (golf course style) stand at Blackpool absolutely ridiculous. How come it is us that always have to pay this sort of price, earlier in season we went to Forest and were charged £26/27 yet last week I looked in Prestons programme and their supporters were being charged £20 to go there. Someone is taking the p*ss[/quote]

yes it is, but if we win away from home welll its priceless!!!

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]Is it just me or is £26 to sit in an open air (golf course style) stand at Blackpool absolutely ridiculous.

Someone is taking the p*ss[/quote]sit?

Some of these prices do seem ridiculously high. To sit in the upper tier behind the goal at QPR on a Tuesday evening is £30. Now for them to charge us that it must be what their fans are paying at the opposite end. This beggars belief. QPR are in an area where there is huge competion for football fans hard earned. No wonder a lot of their home gates are less than 14,000.

Went to Blackpool for the FA Cup match 2 seasons ago, was a tenner I think!

Make sure you take a jacket, there is a stiff easternly breeze from the sea! And get to the burger bar early, or you may miss the whole game queueing!

an easterly breeze would be good.

blackpool is on the west coast!

mind you, i have been to blackpool in the "summer" and you need three layers of clothing.

Yes, hence the prevailing winds are coming from the West in an easternly direction!

Or did I miss the point in Geography at school........either way its freezing!

[quote user="Largey"]

Make sure you take a jacket, there is a stiff easternly breeze from the sea! And get to the burger bar early, or you may miss the whole game queueing!

[/quote]

Yeah I was there then as well, the facilities were nothing special. Anyone who hasn''t been look at pictures of ground on here http://www.footballgroundguide.com/blackpool/, it seems like the price we are paying is the same as all away fans there pay (according to the site)

I''m maybe a stinge when it comes to money but I just think its harsh on City supporters travelling a massive distance.

[quote user="Largey"]

Yes, hence the prevailing winds are coming from the West in an easternly direction!

Or did I miss the point in Geography at school........either way its freezing!

[/quote]

You are right about the direction of an easterly wind. Well done for listening in geography, shame you missed your spelling lessons.

[quote user="Largey"]

[/quote]

I went to blackpool  v brighton league game the same season it was £15.

I am going this season already spent my hard earned £26 on my ticket, wonder if we will fill the nice open terrace