Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

I think Gunn should consider dropping Croft.

I''m afraid we look very unlikely to get the points we require to avoid the drop but as a last gasp attempt to do so I think we have to look at dropping Croft.Whilst his effort is rarely in question I am convinced he is costing us goals and games. Simple because so many attacks are terminated by his pitiful delivery. I accept and acknowledge he has scored a few goals this season ( yes the Ipswich one was great) but I expect all attacking midfielder to contribute a few to the score sheet over the course of a full season.Like today we have seen it all to often, lots of possession and lots of ball to Croft but nothing to show for it. Effort is not enough alone and his job is to deliver the ball.

I''m afraid you are miles wide of the mark.

As it goes I think Crofty struggled a bit today but taking out one of our most talented and hard working players when we''re in a relegation dogfight? Ridiculous.

If we had a team of players who could put as much into a game as he did then we wouldn''t be in this mess now. Hard work takes you a long way in this league.

[quote user="GJP"]

I''m afraid you are miles wide of the mark.

As it goes I think Crofty struggled a bit today but taking out one of our most talented and hard working players when we''re in a relegation dogfight? Ridiculous.

If we had a team of players who could put as much into a game as he did then we wouldn''t be in this mess now. Hard work takes you a long way in this league.

[/quote]

Bravo GJP [:)]

Strangely enough, even thought it wasn''t one of his best games, his crossing was decent today. And if Cort had buried that header after Croft put it in perfectly for him we might not have had this thread.

Oh well.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="ron obvious"]
Who could play there? Is there another right sided attacker?

[/quote]

I don''t think there is anyone.

[/quote]

Carney said today that he can play there............and we know he can cross a ball.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="ron obvious"]Who could play there? Is there another right sided attacker?[/quote]

[/quote]

Carney said today that he can play there............and we know he can cross a ball.

[/quote] Well Wiz Carney might be the answer. But as much as anything if he''s not on the pitch we have to look for somebody else when we go forward. I don''t doubt the guy passion and effort but we look for him so much because he can run with the ball. He can''t cross though and we have to deliver the ball in to score goals. He is so very wasteful.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="ron obvious"]
Who could play there? Is there another right sided attacker?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''ve not seen enough of Carney to say.  I can tell you I am fantastic playing CB, but it''s only my word for it [:D]

[quote user="Empty Mirror"]Bizarre. Croft was involved in the build up to our goal. He also put the ball on Cort''s head for our next clearest chance.[/quote]

I guess it shows that no two fans ever see the same thing lol.  Or maybe just an excuse to have a pop at players.

I thought Crofty was quite good today, on the other hand Fozzy, well, least I say the better lol

You lot must be joking?

Croft is our best player by a country mile, and probably the leading candidate for player of the season. Why would Gunn drop him?

Ridiculous.

Last seaon. simiklar people were calling for Hucks to be dropped, so that we could give James Henry a go. He is our best player this season and near enough the only attacking player who shows any passion and urgency in the club.

Just about every player was ''involved'' in the build up to our goal as it was rare piece of sustained pressure.  but without fozzys movement and Hoolahans superb pass into the box the move was again going nowhere through too many short its not my responsibility passes.

Agree his cross for COrts header was good,  but on swallow from so many attempts is not good enough.

Sadly we can drop him,  as we have no one better.