Sign in to follow this  
CanaryJames

Sibierski for Wigan

I''ve just seen Sibierski do as much in a few seconds for Wigan as he did in 3 months with us.

Clearly a good player. Just couldn''t be bothered when it came to us.

That, above all, sums up why loans and loans and more loans have all but pushed this club into League One.

Sibierski is one of my most disliked players ever to have "played" for this club. A worthless mercenary who robbed us of every penny stupidly spent on him by a manager who prided reputation above desire.

It is the likes of him who has played a significant role in the death of the club. Oh for a Iwan or a Malky right now, but the best we came up with was a bald Frenchman who fell over constantly and an Australian who doesn''t look likely to feature.

Happy days indeed.

[quote user="CanaryJames"]I''ve just seen Sibierski do as much in a few seconds for Wigan as he did in 3 months with us. Clearly a good player. Just couldn''t be bothered when it came to us. That, above all, sums up why loans and loans and more loans have all but pushed this club into League One. Sibierski is one of my most disliked players ever to have "played" for this club. A worthless mercenary who robbed us of every penny stupidly spent on him by a manager who prided reputation above desire. It is the likes of him who has played a significant role in the death of the club. Oh for a Iwan or a Malky right now, but the best we came up with was a bald Frenchman who fell over constantly and an Australian who doesn''t look likely to feature. Happy days indeed.[/quote]

We have had far worse players than Sibierski, though you are right that Roeder was a poor manager with poor judgement.

To be fair, if you''re referring to match of the day. He jogged up an empty wing, and put in a cross.Also, he was played out of position when he was here.

That''s my point Hogesar!

Actually managed to half-run which amazed me as he spent 98% of the time on the ground here. Had one good game against Plymouth on his debut and after that couldn''t be bothered.

His one other goal hit him in the head for goodness sake! No other way he''d have scored for us!

He was far from the worst player, but didn''t give two hoots and was so lazy. It was so infuriating seeing him constantly selected.

You probably meant to say "Syphilis".

The point I was making is that while Sibierski turned out to be a poor signing, we have had far worse. Sadly, given our current plight, we will probably have many more such signings in the near future.

[quote user="Louis"]

[quote user="CanaryJames"]I''ve just seen Sibierski do as much in a few seconds for Wigan as he did in 3 months with us. Clearly a good player. Just couldn''t be bothered when it came to us. That, above all, sums up why loans and loans and more loans have all but pushed this club into League One. Sibierski is one of my most disliked players ever to have "played" for this club. A worthless mercenary who robbed us of every penny stupidly spent on him by a manager who prided reputation above desire. It is the likes of him who has played a significant role in the death of the club. Oh for a Iwan or a Malky right now, but the best we came up with was a bald Frenchman who fell over constantly and an Australian who doesn''t look likely to feature. Happy days indeed.[/quote]

We have had far worse players than Sibierski, though you are right that Roeder was a poor manager with poor judgement.

[/quote]

Yes we have had worse players, but no loan players that I know, meant selling a CH who didnt want to(and didnt know) go, just to get the cash to pay his very inflated wages.

[quote user="CanaryJames"]I''ve just seen Sibierski do as much in a few seconds for Wigan as he did in 3 months with us.

Clearly a good player. Just couldn''t be bothered when it came to us. [/quote]Played out of position as a target man by a manager who couldn''t admit mistakes.  We''ve had worse players than Sibierski on loan.  The ultimate piss take was Steve Walsh, closely followed by Tony Cottee.