Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

What's left for Gunny to try?

It must be clear to everyone by now, that our midfield combination of Clingan and Fotheringham or Clingan and Russell is just not working and hasn''t worked all season. Yes we have lots of posession but we don''t create nearly enough chances for our forwards.  I think it''s about time for Gunny to put Hoolahan into centre midfield as he normally drifts into centre midfield anyway and play Carney or Lappin wide left. I thought Hoolahan was superb today and caused Burnley all sorts of problems.

I can''t think what else there is left to try, but unless we get a spark from somewhere i feel it''s curtains for us this season.

[quote user="ron obvious"]
If you want something really adveturous, look at Beauseant''s sweeper formation!

I''d love to see it tried!

[/quote]

Pinched from my original[:D]

We have nothing left to try so go with it.

Croft and Hoolhan can''t cross a ball, all huff and Puff.

Banjo needs replacing (ok he scored today bravo that man!)

Desperate times need desperate measures ,what''s Gunn got to lose.

[quote user="colneycanary"]

It must be clear to everyone by now, that our midfield combination of Clingan and Fotheringham or Clingan and Russell is just not working and hasn''t worked all season. Yes we have lots of posession but we don''t create nearly enough chances for our forwards.  I think it''s about time for Gunny to put Hoolahan into centre midfield as he normally drifts into centre midfield anyway and play Carney or Lappin wide left. I thought Hoolahan was superb today and caused Burnley all sorts of problems.

I can''t think what else there is left to try, but unless we get a spark from somewhere i feel it''s curtains for us this season.

[/quote]i would play 4-3-3

marshall

semmy                  doc                                          shacks                      bertrand

crofty                        clingan                          australin fella(sorry his name escapes me at the min)DOH

hoolohoop

cort                                      curo

[quote user="ron obvious"]
If you want something really adveturous, look at Beauseant''s sweeper formation!

I''d love to see it tried!

[/quote]

Pinched from my original[:D]

We have nothing left to try so go with it.

Croft and Hoolhan can''t cross a ball, all huff and Puff.

Banjo needs replacing (ok he scored today bravo that man!)

Desperate times need desperate measures ,what''s Gunn got to lose.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="colneycanary"]

[/quote]i would play 4-3-3

marshall

semmy                  doc                                          shacks                      bertrand

crofty                        clingan                          australin fella(sorry his name escapes me at the min)DOH

hoolohoop

cort                                      curo

[/quote]australian# AGAIN DOH

[quote user="colneycanary"]

[/quote]

Put Pattison next to Clingan and Hooly just behind Cort. Easy.

I cannot understand why Gunny is not picking Carney he was brilliant against  Wolves,   I hope Killen doesn''t play again he is useless.

Marshall

Otsembor                    Doherty                                Shackell                Grounds

Clingan           Russell        Lappin 

Hoolahan                                                                           Croft

Cort

When I saw the team before the game I was staggered that Carney was omitted. I can only imagine that he was injured.  Also, Otsemobor must be the weakest link, so surely there must be somebody else that can play right back.

I would like to know how we manage to entice all these loans to the club like Leijer and Carney , surely they agree to a loan because they think they will be playing , how pissed off they must be when they get here and then get overlooked .

[quote user="paul moy"]When I saw the team before the game I was staggered that Carney was omitted. I can only imagine that he was injured.  Also, Otsemobor must be the weakest link, so surely there must be somebody else that can play right back.[/quote]

OK who ????

[quote user="dickyst220"]

[quote user="paul moy"]When I saw the team before the game I was staggered that Carney was omitted. I can only imagine that he was injured.  Also, Otsemobor must be the weakest link, so surely there must be somebody else that can play right back.[/quote]

OK who ????

[/quote]

Leijar perhaps....

We  cant make 4-4-2 work - the system our team does know.  

What makes you think any other (foreign unfamiliar) system will prove any better?? 

To hold his hands up and admit he is not the man for the job!, and to show this sham of a board up for what they truly are FAILURES and not capable of managing the club!

Love this guy as a player/person for what he has done in Norwich/Norfolk but football manager he certainly ain''t!. Four points from eighteen since he got the job on a perm basis,relegation form - simple as!

What''s left for Gunny to try?........................resigning!

Look, lets be fair here, most of us didn''t want him as manager, and we have no choice but to back him now thanks to the real villians, the board, but facts are facts, since his comical appointment, City haven''t won a single game!

He accepted the job, and he''s a big boy.