Sign in to follow this  
sheringhamcanary

Otsemobor!!

I havent rated him for a while now with others around me telling me how amazingly fast he is and his great runs but todays game just summed him up for me today..

S***

Things he cant do

- Run with the ball

- Play a forward pass which doesnt go to Lee Croft

- Position himself where a full back should

- Tackle

- DEFEND

Things he can do

- play useless long balls to the opposition goalkeeper

- stand on the half way line with the ball thinking what the hell do i do with it!!

- pass back to marshall comfortably so we can hoof the ball up the field to knowone!!

As you can probably tell i am at the end of my tether with him..

But the worst bit of all is..

HE IS THE BEST WE HAVE GOT THERE!

no competition for his place whatsoever so he can play s*** and play the next game..

It''s a funny thing with Otsemobor. For a while after he signed I thought he looked to me like the first ''proper'' right back we had had since Edworthy. Then, he just seemed to lose it. It didn''t help when Grant and Roeder kept putting him in and out of the side, but he''s definitley lost something.

It''s a bugger, really - we could do with a decent RB right now.....

Correct me if im wrong but is Korey Smith not a right back and ive heard great reviews about him and theres no way in hell hes worse than that bast*rd!

What i have never understood is why Otsemobor has never been tried at right midfield or even upfront. The one thing he has, which no other player in the squad has, is PACE. Lee Croft can try hard all he wants, but essentially he is a defensive midfielder, since his final ball is ALWAYS crap. Cureton upfront...well i know he scored today, but in my eyes he''s one of the worst strikers ive ever seen. His overall contribution to the game is literally non existent. Most of the time when you say a guy does NOTHING you are exaggerating. Not with our Jamie though. He genuinely manages to run around like a 10 year old whilst the Opposing defenders look down at this rodent scurrying around. Im not saying Otsemobor would be good  upfront, he probably wouldnt, but could he be worse than Cureton .Could a 5 year old girl be less threatening than Cureton.

You''re a bit harsh on Cureton, as are a lot of people on here. He hasn''t done it enough since he came back, but I''ll put my neck on the line and say he''ll get some more goals between now and the end of the season. Whether they''ll be enough goals to keep us up remains to be seen, but if they are not it won''t just be his fault, though he will be a convenient scapegoat for a lot of people on this board who will give him loads of abuse to try and make themselves feel better.

[quote user="Louis"]You''re a bit harsh on Cureton, as are a lot of people on here. He hasn''t done it enough since he came back, but I''ll put my neck on the line and say he''ll get some more goals between now and the end of the season. Whether they''ll be enough goals to keep us up remains to be seen, but if they are not it won''t just be his fault, though he will be a convenient scapegoat for a lot of people on this board who will give him loads of abuse to try and make themselves feel better.[/quote]

In addition. the idea of playing Otsemobor up front ahead of Cureton is about as sensible as saying we should bring Dean Coney out of retirement and give him another shot here.

[quote user="We Want Lappin Back"]Would happily never ever see that waste of space in a NCFC shirt ever again. Korey Smith is a CM however.[/quote]

By "waste of space", I presume that you mean the player in your user name, as opposed to Cureton?

I don''t hate Lappin, but frankly, Cureton deserves his place more than that very average Lappin does.

Otsemobor is the waste of space - got all the attributes to be decent, but either can''t be bothered too, or is simply as thick as he looks. Whichever it is, I have never been so infuriated by a NCFC player.

Lappin is a decent championship player (as also said by a Mr D Huckerby), who just hasn''t been given the chances - a topic I could go on about, but for another thread perhaps...

i thought when he first started in his first few games he was an excellent signing as him and crofty were linking up and playing with each other very well but then he just got lazy and coudnt be bothered like the majority of team and board for that matter

His name works f*cking great to the Gabby Agbonlahor song tune though!Good times on FIFA, i miss my Xbox, bloody UPS havent picked it up yet.Anyway back on topic why did Fulham take Omuzusi back?  He may have been lacking in the middle but was a great RB and now we really need someone like him to put a challenge in.He''ll be seeing his old team mates from Crewe next year though!

[quote user="Dr. Downs"]His name works f*cking great to the Gabby Agbonlahor song tune though!

Good times on FIFA, i miss my Xbox, bloody UPS havent picked it up yet.

Anyway back on topic why did Fulham take Omuzusi back?  He may have been lacking in the middle but was a great RB and now we really need someone like him to put a challenge in.

He''ll be seeing his old team mates from Crewe next year though!
[/quote]

indeed those time on xbox are good arnt they[:)] they better hurry up and pick it up and on topic yeah  why did they take him back he was playing a hell of alot better than otsemobor

[quote user="sheringhamcanary"]I havent rated him for a while now with others around me telling me how amazingly fast he is and his great runs but todays game just summed him up for me today.. S*** Things he cant do - Run with the ball - Play a forward pass which doesnt go to Lee Croft - Position himself where a full back should - Tackle - DEFEND Things he can do - play useless long balls to the opposition goalkeeper - stand on the half way line with the ball thinking what the hell do i do with it!! - pass back to marshall comfortably so we can hoof the ball up the field to knowone!! As you can probably tell i am at the end of my tether with him.. But the worst bit of all is.. HE IS THE BEST WE HAVE GOT THERE! no competition for his place whatsoever so he can play s*** and play the next game..[/quote]

Sadly I think us fans aren''t helping the situation though. On his day we all know what he is capable of. When ever Semi gets the ball the majority are on his back straight away, which probably isn''t going to inspire him to run with the ball, just go for the easy option instead every time. His confidence is shatterered at the moment I think. I agree that it isn''t ideal that he doesn''t have any competition for his place though.

[quote user="Yellow Submarine"]

[quote user="sheringhamcanary"]I havent rated him for a while now with others around me telling me how amazingly fast he is and his great runs but todays game just summed him up for me today.. S*** Things he cant do - Run with the ball - Play a forward pass which doesnt go to Lee Croft - Position himself where a full back should - Tackle - DEFEND Things he can do - play useless long balls to the opposition goalkeeper - stand on the half way line with the ball thinking what the hell do i do with it!! - pass back to marshall comfortably so we can hoof the ball up the field to knowone!! As you can probably tell i am at the end of my tether with him.. But the worst bit of all is.. HE IS THE BEST WE HAVE GOT THERE! no competition for his place whatsoever so he can play s*** and play the next game..[/quote]

Sadly I think us fans aren''t helping the situation though. On his day we all know what he is capable of. When ever Semi gets the ball the majority are on his back straight away, which probably isn''t going to inspire him to run with the ball, just go for the easy option instead every time. His confidence is shatterered at the moment I think. I agree that it isn''t ideal that he doesn''t have any competition for his place though.

[/quote]

I think it''s more down to him lacking concentration and being lazy than lack of confidence, I have heard the crowd encourage him to go forward but can''t say I''ve ever heard them getting on his back.

I''m afraid he''s another of the long list of not good enoughs and couldn''t care less merchants that we have at the club.

Occasionaly Ostemobor makes a good run forward but this guys defending is a shambles!, his concentration levels and general ability to stay with his man it makes you wonder how he has ever been offered a professional contract because surely these would be two of the basic rules of defending?!?

People used to criticize Omuzuzi but he IMO is different class defending wise and now he has been released it seems Ostemobor is nailed on for his position from now until the end of the season, very worrying...

Unless the Dream Team can resurrect Ian Culverhouse!?!