Sign in to follow this  
ca

Delia could help us

How much do you think Delia and her hubby are worth?
How much would it cost to sign Hucks on a 3 year contract bearing in mind he may be willing to compromise a little bit?
Does she have the passion and committment and ambition we have?
We must speculate to accumalate right now whilst we are in the top 3.The future is in your hands Delia and Michael!! Will we gamble on a place in the Premier or will it be Div 1 for ever?

They did that with Anselin, and it didn''t work out. Once bitten twice shy probably, and I wouldn''t blame them - maybe two million quid in wages and fees is a lot for a human being who can play football quite well!

Well said Mook. Spot on.

Diana, you''re perfectly entitled to express your opinion, but I, personally, get really annoyed when people trot out the "Get your cheque book out, Delia", line. It''s very easy to spend other peoples money and to say, you''d do it if you were in her position.

Delia and Michal have already invested significant sums of their own money in this club, what with personal loans, many of which they have subsequently waived the interest on, and underwriting the share issue, to name but two.

If, and it''s a big "IF", they decide to spend more money to bring Huckerby, or any other player to this club for that matter, it should be their personal choice.

There shouldn''t be a "public crusade" asking or demanding further funds.

Yep, have to agree with you all, I''ve always had a soft spot for the wonderful ''Deals'' and her ''other half'', however, I assume these loans will have to be repaid in full by the club, so in effect they have not given their hard earned cash away, have they?. And don''t forget. when you cross that line between supporter to director you take on a whole new ball game, and with it comes the responsibilty of the hope''s and dreams of the club and supporter.

Not true, Wiz. They are not responsible for our "dreams", they are resposible for our football club. And there are many other chairmen out there that are doing nothing at all (but getting free lunches and going abroad) for their clubs.

And as they are responsible for our club, they are in the position to make a decision that will greatly affect the club - and frankly, I trust them to make the right choice. And of all of us, having watched Delia''s affections for the club over the years, she would be DESPERATE to keep all three. But head rules heart in this equation. Oh, and there''s NO WAY that they are worth £50m. Phil Collins is worth about £50m and he must be ten times as rich as Delia.

Sorry Mook, but I think its you that is wrong, City became my club in 1956. when I watched my 1st game, and I have dreams for it. No cash, but dreams never the less, we all do, surely thats the whole point of being a supporter!.

I''m not saying we shouldn''t dream, but it''s not fair that delia should be in charge of our dreams. Every person has different dreams and she can''t make them all happy - over everything else, it is the dreams of her creditors, chairpeople, management staff and immediate colleagues that come before the thirty thousand of us all wanting to sign this person and that person.

I dream too, and am buzzing at the moment with the football we are playing but I must say I''ve been let down before by NCFC and football in general, and I don''t expect miracles. Steady and consistent progress is what I want to see and I don''t think anyone can argue that''s what we are doing. I look at Leeds and Palace etc and I think thank god for Delia and the board, and I am grateful we are where we are, and not in the depths of a crisis.

It is reported that Delia has a fortune of around £30M, with Wynn-Jones said to have generated a similar fortune with his publishing business.

They are both fans, they have no Children, what else are they going to spend their money on?

Speculate to accumulate, if they gamble on players like Huckerby and we get promoted, then they get their money back and more, their shares would shoot up in value 10 fold.

Oh my god - this is winding me up! Delia and MWJ are NOT worth that much. 30m each? That makes 60 between them and as i''ve already posted elsewhere on here, Posh and Becks are woth 50 million together and look how much they earn. If it has to be proved, just take a look here - they are the 19th most valuable British couple.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/section/0,,2108,00.html
Have you seen Delia on TV lately or a new book of hers lately? She''s doing little work in those areas now cos she spends all her time on NCFC. She also dropped out of the top 500 earners list for 2002. No 500 in the list earned something between 1 and 1.5 million in the year. This is small change for a football club. You have to accept that they have pretty much put all they can into the club personally.
Ok so they have money tied up in other ventures but they can''t just liquidate it and spend it all. If they did they wouldn''t generate any money at all and then they''d be just the same as your average board member with no particular personal wealth and a lots of dreams. Like Peter Ridsdale. That''s not to say they are as foolish as him however!

Ok so of late Deilia has not been earning huge sums, you have to remember that Delia has been on the scene for 30 years and in that time has sold over 10,000,000 books, of which she has recieved huge royalties, she has done tv series, signed agreements with the likes of Sainsburys to recommend their products etc.... there is no doubt that she has a fortune of around £30,000,000 sitting there... if she was really only worth £5,000,000 would she really have loaned a reported £6,000,000 to the club? I think not.

All I am saying is speculate to accumlate, and it is clear to see that an investment of a few more million will get the club into the premiership. Failing to do this, then there is a strong possibility that we will lose our manager, we will lose our best young players, have a stadium half full, and end up back to square one.

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING WHAT THEY DO WITH THEY MONEY IS UP TO THEM ,THEY LOVE NORWICH CITY BUT WE CANT DEMAND MONEY FROM THEM BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO CHILDREN. HOW MANY SUPPORTERS HAVE NO CHILDREN ? WHY DONT THEY GIVE ALL THEY MONEY TO NORWICH. LEAVE DELIA ALONE I BOW DOWN TO DELIA