Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Give Gunn 3 Years

Lets just give him and the other 3 a total of 3 years to get us into mid table of the championship, if this means being relegated and then re-promoted then so be it!

Giving any manager more than a one year contract is suicide at any level.

Look at Worthington and Roeder.

Prime examples of long term contracts working out well.

So I am afraid I disagree.

Give Gunn this season, which we have,

If he keeps us up, give him another year to consolidate us in the Championship.

If not, then at least we don''t have to pay him off to let someone else have a go.

I''m afraid that Gunny will get the job whatever. If, (a big if I think) he keeps us up he will be a hero & get the job. If we drop he will be the cheap option & still get the job!!

Personally wouldnt give him 3 weeks , not a manager and never will be and is a big part of the problem. Also dont think we will get back up if we do go down , we just have not got the money to build a League 1 promotion team , we will be a team of youth players and old over the hill pros like Cureton .

Despite what has been said publicly by Munby at al, dont you think it is a done deal that Gunny has got next season at the helm no matter what happens this term?

Why else would Deehan, Butterworth and Crook, in particular, have dropped everything to join Gunny?

[quote user="The Original Pinkun Poster"]Lets just give him and the other 3 a total of 3 years to get us into mid table of the championship, if this means being relegated and then re-promoted then so be it![/quote]In 3 years we could be in League Two.  Gunn doesn''t look like he knows what he''s doing, he just stands on the touchline with hands in pocket looking like he''s waiting for a bus.

Our next manager, be it Gunny or who ever, needs a long term contract of 3 or even 5 years. Look at the teams that usually get relegated, they change their manager at the drop of a hat, Charlton,  Leicester and this season with Pompey and Blackburn looking likely. most successful sides have stability. I honestly thinks its going to take 3 to 5 years to sort out this mess, so the board should get their man and stick with him.

[quote user="The Huckerby Delusion"]Our next manager, be it Gunny or who ever, needs a long term contract of 3 or even 5 years. Look at the teams that usually get relegated, they change their manager at the drop of a hat, Charlton,  Leicester and this season with Pompey and Blackburn looking likely. most successful sides have stability. I honestly thinks its going to take 3 to 5 years to sort out this mess, so the board should get their man and stick with him.
[/quote]

If you get a good manager that is certainly the case but you have to get the right one first, we''d have ended up in the ridgeons league if Grant would have been given a 5 year contract.

[quote user="dickyst220"]I''m afraid that Gunny will get the job whatever. If, (a big if I think) he keeps us up he will be a hero & get the job. If we drop he will be the cheap option & still get the job!![/quote]

Good call dickyst, and one I agree with, our transparent and inept board are a total joke!

[quote user="The Original Pinkun Poster"]Lets just give him and the other 3 a total of 3 years to get us into mid table of the championship, if this means being relegated and then re-promoted then so be it![/quote]

Is this some kind of joke? 1 win in 7 and you want to give him a contract for 3 years!!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="The Original Pinkun Poster"]Lets just give him and the other 3 a total of 3 years to get us into mid table of the championship, if this means being relegated and then re-promoted then so be it![/quote]

In 3 years we could be in League Two.  Gunn doesn''t look like he knows what he''s doing, he just stands on the touchline with hands in pocket looking like he''s waiting for a bus.

[/quote]

Oh right fire him now then. What is a manager supposed to do at the side of the pitch? Grant was slagged off for shouting too much, Worthy for standing motionless with his arms crossed and Roeder for celebrating in a childish way and generally being a tit. I don''t care whether Gunn looks like he knows what he''s doing. Why is football about appearances? In my view one of the main reasons the Doc got so much stick is because he looks about 45 and rather unfashionable. His resurgence in popularity also co-incided with a haircut. Modern life eh?