Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Centre Midfield

Assuming Clingan is rightly always going to play centre midfield who do you think should partner him. Fozzy, Pattison or Russell. My vote is for Pattison at the moment, i haven''t been impressed over the last few weeks with Fozzy & Russell and i think we need a fighter in there someone to stick some challenges in there and i think the state of us at lately the position we are in we could do with a Pattison in there.

I think Fozzy and Clingan played well together yesterday. It was the lack of dangerous crosses into the box and ultimately not taking our chances that cost us yesterday.

Why not play Hoolahan centre midfield alongside Clingan. He normally drifts into a centre midfield position anyway and play Carney wide left or give Lappin a chance. Things haven''t worked with Fozzy or Russell centre midfield all season, so a change must happen!

Hoolahan dosnt play CM, he plays attacking mid, he would be crap there, it would be one CMi think we could try this though:Croft Clingan Patty        Hoolahan   Cort   Cureton/anyone else who can score

Pattison tries and runs hard but hardly produces anything of note and Russell is much the same of late.. Fotheringham has improved a lot but he still falls short of a full shilling for me. Croft has good and average games but rarely delivers his crosses. Clingan is a must have IMO.We need some one who can get the ball into the box either by crossing the ball or taking a decent free kick - something that was missing yesterday. It is time for Lappin to be brought back. - he used to do both and do them well. He also had a good game in the reserves last Tuesday. (And Killin didn''t!). If Lappin was wide left, Pattison could be inside him alongside Clingan.

Fotheringham has been poor this season but not as bad as what some make out and yesterday he did enough!

More a case of the defence lapsing once with Marshall parrying shot and the defenders not reacting quick enough and overall the forward line not being good enough!

I''d like to see Pattison at least on the bench cause hes a battler which is what we need at this moment in time. It seems that hes not Gunnys favourite pet like he was with Roedernowhere!

Russells the same as Pattison but has been poor lately probaly a lto through having to play out of position for much of the season!

No - yesterdays partnership was not good enough.  Fozzy and Sideways are too similar to make our team work as it needs too,  neither tackle nor create/score enough for city to cut it in this league.

None of our central midfielders are consistently good enough.   Clingan may have got away with that in League one last season with Forest but its not enough in the champs.  He HAS been our best central midfielder though - but a game in 5, and worse that Fozzy yest and at the last home game -and that sums up WHY we are in a relegation battle