Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Why did we settle for a point yesterday?

Bringing Killen on for Cort completely nuked what attacking threat we''d shown - and then removing Wes for Bertrand - BERTRAND, for christ''s sake - did we decide at 80 minutes we''d take a point against a Burnley side who had shown precious little going forward and could have been there for the taking?If so, it would have served us right if Eagles had hit that last minute chance properly and made us pay.Terrible decision making by Team Yellow.

apparantly wes signalled to come off , fair enough he`d done the work of 3 ..but where the feck was carney ?  for me it was a poor bench yesterday [:D]

Agree with you entirely Mister Chops.The crowd showed more desire to win the game during the last fifteen minutes than the team.What a state of affairs we must be in when there is criticism of Cort being substituted!

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Bringing Killen on for Cort completely nuked what attacking threat we''d shown - and then removing Wes for Bertrand - BERTRAND, for christ''s sake - did we decide at 80 minutes we''d take a point against a Burnley side who had shown precious little going forward and could have been there for the taking?

If so, it would have served us right if Eagles had hit that last minute chance properly and made us pay.

Terrible decision making by Team Yellow.

[/quote]

Spot on. Just when you would expect a final charge, we went into our shell. I think Wes was carrying a knock, but there was a worrying lack of ambition.

Agree with everyones thoughts on this post entirely. As soon as he took off Cort & Hoolahan our chances of getting the three points were gone, Killen looks terrible and to bring on Bertrand (a defender!) for Wes in a must win game as Mister Chops says shows the mgmt are novices!

The decision to let Lupoli our leading scorer go is also a huge error by Gunn or whoever made the decision!, and if you noticed in the programme our leading scorer is now a certain Cody McDonald with 12 goals who has not even kicked a ball in anger for NCFC!?

The spin continues...........

[quote user="pennywise "]apparantly wes signalled to come off , fair enough he`d done the work of 3 ..but where the feck was carney ?  for me it was a poor bench yesterday [:D][/quote]Agree 100% mate,said those exact words prior to kick off.

I thought it was interesting that until the last five minutes, Burnley also seemed to have settled for a point.

With a little effort THEY could have won the game, as evidenced by those two clear chances at the end.

[quote user="Gazza"]

and if you noticed in the programme our leading scorer is now a certain Cody McDonald with 12 goals who has not even kicked a ball in anger for NCFC!?

[/quote]

Yep I noticed. Just to make it look a little less embarresing. Our second top scorer, was Alan Gow with 5. None of Cody McDonalds 12 or Alan Gows 5 were scored for us...

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[quote user="Gazza"]

and if you noticed in the programme our leading scorer is now a certain Cody McDonald with 12 goals who has not even kicked a ball in anger for NCFC!?

[/quote]

Yep I noticed. Just to make it look a little less embarresing. Our second top scorer, was Alan Gow with 5. None of Cody McDonalds 12 or Alan Gows 5 were scored for us...

[/quote]Being in "exile" I don''t get to the games during term time, but this is quite frankly ridiculous.  MacDonalds goals aren''t even in league football for heavens sake.  Disgusting.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Of the players at the club now Croft is indeed our top scorer - jointly, with a certain O. Goals...
[/quote]

Yes it''s sad that our joint top scorer is one O. Goals and shows what a joke we have become.

That said O.Goals is one hell of a sharpshooter.........by the end of the season he''ll probably be on the scorer''s list at every club.  

Completely agree Mr C.

Betrand was the best option left - so why not go three at the back,  grounds shacks and ots, and push doc forward as it was already abundently clear that Killen offered no threat