Sign in to follow this  
jetstream

Gunn: "I'd love to remain as manager but it's crucial we stay up."

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/sport-news/scottish-football/english-football/2009/02/22/bryan-gunn-i-ve-landed-dream-job-as-norwich-boss-but-i-want-it-full-time-78057-21143331/

Would you want Gunny & Crew to stay on beyond the end of the season - whether we stay up or not?

It''s not Gunn and Co i want to see leave...it''s the board. I''d be prepared to give him a go under new ownership. 

It''s patently obvious now it would make little difference who the team manager is whilst the club is being run by the current board!

He will get the nod regardless of our wishes, Delia and her fellow bloody idiots will to that, so much for him walking if he fails.

I''ll back him, but he''s clearly way out of his depths now!

[quote user="First Wizard"]

He will get the nod regardless of our wishes, Delia and her fellow bloody idiots will to that, so much for him walking if he fails.

[/quote]He''s winning us points. Draws albeit when we need wins, but he''s doing no worst than Roeder

Not won a game since he got thejob.Anyone else and shortly we would be baying for blood.

Clever thinking by someone, has a solicitors ring about it, I wonder who thought that clever scheme up.

Relegation and everyone cheering the management team. You could not script it or could you Chops[;)]

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]He''s winning us points. Draws albeit when we need wins, but he''s doing no worst than Roeder[/quote]  I think he has improved things but, there is very little time left to get us winning instead of drawing games, What amazes me is that people keep saying he is out of his depth,  He has Crook (who many people would have been happy to see as Manager ,and he has Butterworth who has been involved in succesfull teams as assistant manager. As long as he takes on board their advice I do not believe he is a weakness at the club

[quote user="jetstream"]http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/sport-news/scottish-football/english-football/2009/02/22/bryan-gunn-i-ve-landed-dream-job-as-norwich-boss-but-i-want-it-full-time-78057-21143331/ Would you want Gunny & Crew to stay on beyond the end of the season - whether we stay up or not?[/quote]

No.  I don''t see this as anything but a short term measure.

Cannot see how he has improved things whatsoever , he has taken us into the bottom 3 and we are the most out of form side down there , really fail to see how we could have been in a worse position if we had of stuck with Roeder.

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]Cannot see how he has improved things whatsoever , he has taken us into the bottom 3 and we are the most out of form side down there , really fail to see how we could have been in a worse position if we had of stuck with Roeder.
[/quote]

At the moment, things are exactly the same.  We''re taking about a point a game, as we were under GR.  The team is Roeder''s too, considering our latest ''signings'' are all injured, unfit or not very good.

Please don''t think I''m a Roeder fan by the way and don''t think I''m blaming Gunny for all our ills.  I just don''t think giving him the job in the summer, regardless of what happens, is a smart move.

I think (as someone else said on another thread) the danger is that if he keeps us up he''s a hero and may get the job on a ''feelgood'' wave - and if we go down people will say it''s not his fault and we may as well stick with what we''ve got.

[quote user="jetstream"]I think (as someone else said on another thread) the danger is that if he keeps us up he''s a hero and may get the job on a ''feelgood'' wave - and if we go down people will say it''s not his fault and we may as well stick with what we''ve got.[/quote]

This is Gunns team - he was head of player recruitment under GR and has looked at the same loans and used the same players in the same positions with the same or worse mistakes that GR has.