Sign in to follow this  
Lennon7

Just saw CURETON's goal..

I think he took it really well !

All in all I think Jamie had a good game yesterday, looked lively and battled well.

What do you all think?

Cureton didnt have a bad game but we do not play to his strengths balls down tha channels are what he needs big defenders cant cope with that, whats happened to the old ball over the top of the fullback from midfield for our wingers to run on to instead of Crofty having to beat 4 defenders to get a cross in sadly Sammy Clingan has too much to think about defensively to be the creative player I think he could be, he needs help Fotheringham isnt the man.  

Cureton took his goal well but he had other occasions when he if he''d of been quicker he''d of had a chance then he got put through in the 2nd half and didn''t control the ball and the chance was gone!

I was not happy with him being included yesterday cause he didn''t deserve another chance but if he can score goals then he will justify his place and the young guy Daley looked out of his depth in the small time we got to see him!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Cureton took his goal well but he had other occasions when he if he''d of been quicker he''d of had a chance then he got put through in the 2nd half and didn''t control the ball and the chance was gone!

I was not happy with him being included yesterday cause he didn''t deserve another chance but if he can score goals then he will justify his place and the young guy Daley looked out of his depth in the small time we got to see him!

[/quote]

That''s the key point. He''s lost a little pace (hardly a surprise at 33) and consequently doesn''t react quite as quickly. That split second is vital in football and the reason that we should have shipped him out and kept Lupoli. Unfortunately Gunny''s naivety and ill founded belief in " bleeding yellow and green" will probably cost us our Championship status.

I thought he took the goal well too plus it was great to see him celebrating and that smile on his face.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Yes and we would have lost without his goal, just be grateful he scored [;)][/quote]

Spot on. He is the best we have and his goal yesterday may well have got us the point that keeps us up.

good to see him score but he isnt the soultion long term...

although its worth remembering that last season he finished top scorer in a side that included Huckerby, Dublin and Evans.....

jas :)

He did take his goal really well and I was really pleased for him that he scored![:)] I thought Curo and Cort played well together too.

He did take the goal well,  but the rest of his game was poor and you would not have known he was on the pitch.  I thought was supposed to thrive off a target man?

He would if the target man could get his lasy backside off the ground. For a big striker Court is very poor in the air. He was dominated yesterday by a centre back a good 6 inches shorter than him. (15cm for you youngsters)

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]I thought was supposed to thrive off a target man?[/quote]I''m sure he would thrive if he was actually any good. But never mind, loves the club and all that.

[quote user="jbghost"]He would if the target man could get his lasy backside off the ground. For a big striker Court is very poor in the air. He was dominated yesterday by a centre back a good 6 inches shorter than him. (15cm for you youngsters)[/quote]Why don''t we just play the ball to his feet then? Crouch is crap in the air for a tall guy, but is still a good footballer. Cort could do a similar job for us.Re: the point about Cureton''s goal possibly "keeping us in the division" - what about the chances he''s missed over the season that would have had us out of the relegation zone by now?

Cort had a reasonable game and offered our only striking threat.  He did not win every ball but won enough for Curo to be looking to feed off - but there was no second ball collection and cort despite his dodgy knees made himself available and moved better for the team than Jamie did.