Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

NEIL DONCASTER - Community spirit is so important in our current plight

Doomcaster must have had a personality transplant!!! Hasn''t taken much notice of fans'' views to date and has himself been anything but community spirited!! Load of rubbish and sounds like trying to wheedle out of the responsibility for our current slide towards Division 1.

What a load of old cobblers ,our current plight can be solved in one sentence,Score more, and let in less!........See simple,perhaps I should have a crack at this management lark....

That man talks complete and utter drivel. He is ''spinning'' out of control!

Does he never look at the League Table??

I''m sure you could hold him more responsible than most for the plight the team is in! [:@]

It''s his fault we''re not scoring enough and conceding too much then is it?

Any excuse to have a pop at someone on the board isn''t it. How many other CE''s offer as much contact with the fans as he does?

I don''t disagree with what Doncaster says about the need for community spirit (pretty self-evident, I would have thought), and surely the acceptance that taking the Reserves out of the Combination was an error which is to be rectified is a good thing. I couldn''t find anything about human sacrifice or eating babies, but maybe I need to spend more time on the subtext...........

It''s just plain ridiculous to accuse Neil Doncaster or any of the board of being "anything but community spirited". Any fan who spends anytime at all around the club at matches home or away or for any other reason couldn''t fail to notice the Doncasters or the rest of the boards spirit of community. The guy answers every email, phones fans to answer queries at the drop of a hat and is always accessible to the fans. The fact that they don''t agree with the fans is not the same as not listening.

This reminds me of how posters came on here during the Worthy out days and made up stuff to discredit him. Those myths then became beliefs like one of the most ridiculous of the time that "Worthy ignores our youth". I think we should be careful not to do the same thing with the board. For goodness sake keep it real[:O]

I look at it like this,  not taking anything away from ''Team Gunn'' and their effort...but.  Trotting out buzz phrases is easy,  it is positive results we need whether we have a happy community or not.  If we go down the hordes will want to shove his community spirit up his arse.... sideways

Whilst its all very admirable I think most fans wouldn''t give a t*ss about whether their team was community spirited if their team is doing well and I certainly wouldn''t care if the Chief exec never responded to an email i sent him if all was well at the club, Of course community spirit and a successful team should not be mutually exclusive. unfortunately with us they are and we''ve got the wrong one!

[quote user="We Want Lappin Back"]

Any excuse to have a pop at someone on the board isn''t it. How many other CE''s offer as much contact with the fans as he does?

[/quote]

They make the ultimate decisions about the way the club is being run. The team on the pitch is the weakest we have had in more than 30 years, results prove that.

I could not give a monkey''s whether the CEO answers a few emails and listens to what supporters say... the plain facts are that we are a rubbish football team and he and the board have made the wrong decisions time and again to get us in this state. I''m only interested in watching a winning team or at least one that wants to win. It''s never been so dpressing to be a City supporter with the possible exception of when Bryan Hamilton was in charge!!

Some people seem quite happy to watch basement league football...but i am not! [:@]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

It''s just plain ridiculous to accuse Neil Doncaster or any of the board of being "anything but community spirited". Any fan who spends anytime at all around the club at matches home or away or for any other reason couldn''t fail to notice the Doncasters or the rest of the boards spirit of community. The guy answers every email, phones fans to answer queries at the drop of a hat and is always accessible to the fans. The fact that they don''t agree with the fans is not the same as not listening.

This reminds me of how posters came on here during the Worthy out days and made up stuff to discredit him. Those myths then became beliefs like one of the most ridiculous of the time that "Worthy ignores our youth". I think we should be careful not to do the same thing with the board. For goodness sake keep it real[:O]

[/quote]

Fugg off Doncaster. That is all.

[quote user="Lol Morgan"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Fugg off Doncaster. That is all.

[/quote]

Why are you quoting me to say that Lol?

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Whilst its all very admirable I think most fans wouldn''t give a t*ss about whether their team was community spirited if their team is doing well and I certainly wouldn''t care if the Chief exec never responded to an email i sent him if all was well at the club, Of course community spirit and a successful team should not be mutually exclusive. unfortunately with us they are and we''ve got the wrong one![/quote]

I don''t think that''s true Jim. Where I''d agree that all fans are unhappy at where the club is now and that all fans lay at least some of the blame at the board and the CE''s door I think a lot of fans recognise the community spirit that''s there. Whether they want it or not depends a lot on their own personal ways of support. If you are a fan but can''t get to games or can only get to the odd game and basically support the club through the media then, whilst you are no less of a fan, community spirit is irrelevant. But for those whose support involves more of an interaction with the club these things are more important. In both cases fans can still be frustrated by the poor performance and hold people accountable for that without making stuff up to make them out to be something they are not. Like I said in my post, this went on with Worthy in a hate campaign that wasn''t just unacceptable but was plain wrong!

[quote user="We Want Lappin Back"]

[/quote]

Ahhh so thats what he gets paid £180k a year for then - talking to people !.......and there was I thinking he should spend his time seeking new investment, spending the revenue the club recieves wisely, developing and delivering strategies to take the club forwards - silly me eh

[quote user="jbghost"]FFS. £180k a year is nothing for a man in his position.[/quote]

It is when he is totally F''ing failing at what he is supposed to be doing...

Shit - I''ll talk to people all day for £180K...

Well done Nutty,Two posts on one thread and you got "Worthy" in them both.City Angel and her love affair with Hucks is but a distant memory.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Well done Nutty,Two posts on one thread and you got "Worthy" in them both.City Angel and her love affair with Hucks is but a distant memory.

[/quote]

But you got the last laugh cuz you got him out[:|][:O]

[;)]

This from the man who would have ''done one'' to the FA if he''d been given the job. Yes he may answer every e-mail and have regular contact with fans, so do all MP''s but it doesn''t mean they do any good on the whole. It''s what they say and do in return that is the mark of any person and i feel Doncaster is the main driver behind this prudence, ''must not over streatch ourselves cause we''re only little ol Norwich''mentality.... I for one feel if you play yourself down and don''t aspire to greatness, this then transfers to every section of any organisation, in this case the team, and a make do situation occurs which ultimately leads to failure and mediocrity...

Yes the man does speak some sence occasionally, however i''m sick of hearing it tempered with the cautionary clap trap which is clearly designed to quash any disenting words and masks inadequacy.  Sorry, but i dont believe you when you speak anymore!!!  

[quote user="jbghost"]FFS. £180k a year is nothing for a man in his position.[/quote]

Which position is that? The CE of a failing football club on a rapid decline into the lower leagues?

I wish someone would pay me £180k for talking ''spin/(=sh*te)'' all the time!

alternatively you could get the necessary education and qualifications to become a qualified lawyer in which case 180k is nothing special although developing the ability to score a few goals a year in the championship is far more lucrative.  

£180k a year is too much for a Chief Executive of a consistently failing company!!

I cannot for the life of me see how anyone can defend Doomcaster..when you are at the top of a company, ultimate responsibility for the performance of that company rests with YOU! And Norwich City are on a big downward slope!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I agree with you Nutty. If ever there was a community spirited club it''s Norwich. And I know for a fact Doncaster answers fans questions as he has emailed myself back several times.

It is funny how the CE can be accused in anywayof the clubs demise. He''s a money man first and foremost and from the deals we hear about, ie the recent sale of the security firm Norwich created then sold for 300k, he is an astute business man and probably brings in more money than he gets paid.

It''s managers who mess squads up, and it''s owners who don''t invest. The CE just sits in the middle with a calculator.

I just cannot understand how anybody gets taken in by him answering a few emails.

Who cares if he answers emails???

I want a football team that wins matches not a CE who answers bloody emails!

Regardless of Doomcaster''s salary the biggest problem is the club worry too much about the community and their 20,000 season ticket holders than what''s going on out on the pitch.

[quote user="OTBC11"]Regardless of Doomcaster''s salary the biggest problem is the club worry too much about the community and their 20,000 season ticket holders than what''s going on out on the pitch.[/quote]

I''m glad not everyone has been brainwashed by Doncaster and his ''lovely'' email replies!

[quote user="T"]alternatively you could get the necessary education and qualifications to become a qualified lawyer in which case 180k is nothing special although developing the ability to score a few goals a year in the championship is far more lucrative.  [/quote]

I bet those who are suppose to score those goals receive far more than £180K a year too [:@]