Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Fozzy is improving

Played well in the centre yesterday, I thought - some good tackles and interceptions, spoiled only by his continued tendency to only pass the ball sideways.  If we could get him going forwards more, or at least playing it forwards, he''d be a better bet than Russell to play alongside Clingan.

I though he played well yesterday. He showed that bit of grit and determination of the fozzy old. He must have something about him as the last three managers have seen something in him! I''m still wondering what the deal with Pattison is at the moment though. I think he looked good in recent weeks especially as an attacking midfield. But he wasn''t even on the bench yesterday, he would of been a better replacement for wes, rather than betrand surely?! 

On current form, I''d have Patty in for Russell.  I don''t know what Roeder did to the player''s morale, but he looks shot at the moment.  Mind you, it''s not like he was Kaka before Roeder turned up.

Fozzy is nothing special most of the time, although looks decent on his day - he certainly had some fine games last season.  He''s not the walking disaster that some people make out and in my view, Russell hasn''t done enough to earn a place ahead of him anyway.

Pattison is a strange one.  Looked terrific when he came on against Barnsley, yet has faded out of the picture very quickly.  Something isn''t right there.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]On current form, I''d have Patty in for Russell.  I don''t know what Roeder did to the player''s morale, but he looks shot at the moment.  Mind you, it''s not like he was Kaka before Roeder turned up.
[/quote]

my 11 year old son hit the nail on the head on the way to the ground yesterday, he said ever since russell got rid of his dreadlocks he`s been rubbish and its hard to argue [:D]

[quote user="pennywise "]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]On current form, I''d have Patty in for Russell.  I don''t know what Roeder did to the player''s morale, but he looks shot at the moment.  Mind you, it''s not like he was Kaka before Roeder turned up.[/quote]

my 11 year old son hit the nail on the head on the way to the ground yesterday, he said ever since russell got rid of his dreadlocks he`s been rubbish and its hard to argue [:D]

[/quote]Funny you should say that i was thinking exactly the same LOL.

[quote user="pennywise "]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]On current form, I''d have Patty in for Russell.  I don''t know what Roeder did to the player''s morale, but he looks shot at the moment.  Mind you, it''s not like he was Kaka before Roeder turned up.[/quote]

[/quote]Reminds me of Samson and... Delia?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="pennywise "]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]On current form, I''d have Patty in for Russell.  I don''t know what Roeder did to the player''s morale, but he looks shot at the moment.  Mind you, it''s not like he was Kaka before Roeder turned up.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Reminds me of Samson and... Delia?
[/quote]

You tryin'' to say Delia has been around since biblical times ? [:D]

[quote user="pennywise "]i seem to remember coming over from lowestoft to a nightclub called samson and hercules ? something like that [:D] [/quote]Yeah, became Ritzy''s, then closed down, now being turned into flats.

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="pennywise "]

[/quote]Reminds me of Samson and... Delia?[/quote]

[/quote][img]http://62.15.226.148/auto20/REF%20%202772%20%20TOM%20JONES%20DELILAH.jpg[/img]At the break of day, when Wynn-Jones drove away, I was waitingI cross the Stowmarket street and she opened the doorShe stood there laughingI threw back my season ticket and she laughed no moreMy, my, my deliaWhy, why, why deliaSo before we slip down to what used to be Division 4Forgive me delia I just couldnt take any more

I think anyone who saw Patty play against Barnet on Wednesday would be able to tell you why he isn''t on the first 16.

He looked out of sorts, tripped over the ball a coupel of times, passed sideways/backwards as usual and was generally useless.

[quote user="6 ft 2 eyes are blue Duncan Forbes is after you"]

NO, HE IS NOT IMPROVING

Fozzy is a passenger in our team - End of message.

[/quote]

Well he wasn''t yesterday. Clingan was. End of message.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="pennywise "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Reminds me of Samson and... Delia?
[/quote]

[/quote]

[img]http://62.15.226.148/auto20/REF%20%202772%20%20TOM%20JONES%20DELILAH.jpg[/img]

At the break of day, when Wynn-Jones drove away, I was waiting
I cross the Stowmarket street and she opened the door
She stood there laughing
I threw back my season ticket and she laughed no more
My, my, my delia
Why, why, why delia
So before we slip down to what used to be Division 4
Forgive me delia I just couldnt take any more

[/quote]

Very good Mr C.

I''ll give you the bullets and you fire ''em. [:D]

Fotheringham was pathetic yesterday as he is week in week out, why Gunn picks him i don''t know. He diesn''t offer anything and makes very little contribution.

He just passes neatly sidewards and backwards and it looks tidy but what is he creating? NOTHING

He doesn''t tackle, when the ball is up in the air, he backs away from a header, he bottles the tackles and he makes costly mistakes

for example Southamptons 1st goal at home earliee this season with his fantastic clearance.

he thinks he is good, he isn''t, shouldn''t be anywhere near that 1st team.

If you think he is imporving, he must have been bloody **** for a start

[quote user="sam"]

He just passes neatly sidewards and backwards and it looks tidy but what is he creating? NOTHING

[/quote]

I agree with most of what you say Sam - sadly you argument if rather crucially let down because if you have seen the goal you would realise he played a rather crucial part in it. [;)]  

He is all the things you say - but was still better than Clingan yesterday. 

Yes, he set up the goal, but how often does he do it? Both him and Clingan were poor yesterday, but Clingan hasn''t had many bad games, Fotheringham hasn''t had many good ones

How he wears that captains armband i will never know, one of the most ineffective footballers i have ever seen

I am a new visitor to this site I have been a season ticket holder in the Barclay for the last 9 seasons and I feel I have to comment on this thread. The only crucial part Fozzy  had in the goal was a screwed shot which went wrong but fortunately for us it went straight to Jamie. Also if he had a better game that Sammy I need to go to Specsavers.

[quote user="Webbo"]I am a new visitor to this site I have been a season ticket holder in the Barclay for the last 9 seasons and I feel I have to comment on this thread. The only crucial part Fozzy  had in the goal was a screwed shot which went wrong but fortunately for us it went straight to Jamie. Also if he had a better game that Sammy I need to go to Specsavers.
[/quote]

Cheers Sammy/Sammy agent.  If you think that was a shot - dont you know that both Sideways sammy and fozzy can only pass across the pitch so it clearly was not a shot

And yes - that run into the box was the difference between the central midfielders yesterday.  Neither good - just fozzy marginally better 

This is what i think in case you forgot;Fozzy is a good passer of the ballHe does though look for the easy option (this also involves one of the few players who looks around with the ball, just too often passes it backwards)He doesn''t chase the ball enoughshouldn''t be captainis better than Cligan at free-kicks (we must have had over 10 balls into the box, with 4 targets in there)He can be a very good player when he is on form/trying hard enoughShould stay at Norwich, as a back up?Patty should be in the middle though

[quote user="Webbo"]I am a new visitor to this site I have been a season ticket holder in the Barclay for the last 9 seasons and I feel I have to comment on this thread. The only crucial part Fozzy  had in the goal was a screwed shot which went wrong but fortunately for us it went straight to Jamie. Also if he had a better game that Sammy I need to go to Specsavers.
[/quote]

I should make the appointment straight away and get along there then. "A screwed shot which went wrong" - are you for real? The Norwich bandwagon of having a scapegoat continues. At least it is being shared around a bit now, i.e. Fotheringham has been joined by Otsemobor, Cureton, Marshall and one or two others.