Sign in to follow this  
ncfc90

Ratings

Marshall - 5 - Takes for ages to release it, when time is precious, should have done better for the first shot that lad to their goal

Otsemobor  5 - 1 good run, doesn''t do it enough, okayish defensively, continously played it back to the keeper.

Shackell  7 - Not much wrong, perhaps out of position for goal, won pretty much everything, nearly scored.

Doherty  7 - Same as Shackell didn''t do anything wrong really, Won a few good headers, when went up field too.

Grounds  6 - Solid aswell, got forward well a few times in the second half.

Croft 6 - not as good as usual, looked tired, and final ball was weak most of the time, gave 100% though

Clingan 6.5/7 - Did well defensively, don''t know what else to put, solid performance

Fotheringham 4 - Did hardly anything today, when he did have it, gave the ball away, with passes that were simple. never plays the ball infront of the player, always behind him

Hoolahan - 8 MOTM Everything that Norwich did well today (not that much tbh though) came from him, covered back quite well too, shouldn;t have been brought off, although possibly injured, was hacked several times.

Cort 6 - Goodish performance, few good flick ons, held the ball well at time, brought others into play, should have scored when agme was 1-0.

Cureton 6 - Good finish, but apart from that did very little

Cant be bothered to do subs, but thought Killen was completly useless, wins absolutly nothing in the air and looked lazy

Cort 6 - Held the line well, won a few headers, brought others into the game with layoffs.

Marshall 5 - I''m never one to pass blame straight over to a goalkeeper, but 2 very silly mistakes today nearly cost us.

Otsemobor 5 - bar one good run in the first half, rather poor again

Shackell 6 - Despite featuring very rarely, seems to have improved at Wolves.

Doherty 6 - OK, but not outstanding in what was a very poor team display.

Grounds 6 - Did OK, but not good enough to be first choice left back.

Croft 7 - If you looked at him at the end of the match his work rate shined through. He was the only one who had any dirt on them from battling, and the only one completely shattered. Not a great game technically but for the only one to put in 100% he gets MOTM for me.

Fotheringham 4 - Useless. One shot didn''t even go out of play.

Clingan 6 - Poor game by his standards. Still rate him as our best player though.

Hoolahan 7 - Only player to create something. But he annoys me. Not enough strength or pace to be a winger, Far to one footed to cut inside like he does. No way near the quality Hucks was, who had all of these attributes.

Cort 6 - I thought he was lazy. OK when the ball comes to him but isn''t one to put himself about.

Cureton 5 - Anybody could have scored his goal so doesn''t gain him many extra points. Apart from that he was completely anonymous.

Overall. I''m rather depressed looking at our team now and seeing how bad it has fallen compared to only a few years ago. Anybody playing against us cannot possible look at that team sheet, see a strike force of Cort and Cureton, and not think ''we''ve got a great chance of winning this''. It''s gonna be a struggle to stay up.

Croft 7 - If you looked at him at the end of the match his work rate shined through. He was the only one who had any dirt on them from battling, and the only one completely shattered. Not a great game technically but for the only one to put in 100% he gets MOTM for me.

Croft was very poor today - hardly noticed he was there! I would have only given him 4/5. If he was our MOTM then we are really in trouble.

[quote user="medus"]

Croft was very poor today - hardly noticed he was there! I would have only given him 4/5. If he was our MOTM then we are really in trouble.

[/quote]

Yep. Look at the table. We ''really are in trouble''.

As I said. He had a poor game technically but his 100% effort was there for us all to see and was the only one with such commitment. Therefore he would get my vote.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

Hoolahan 7 - Only player to create something. But he annoys me. Not enough strength or pace to be a winger, Far to one footed to cut inside like he does. No way near the quality Hucks was, who had all of these attributes.

[/quote]

Hoolahan should be in the same team as Hucks, not a replacement for him. They could rip teams apart in this league with their ability if they had the chance to play together.

Ratings today.

Weather 10/10 - the sun in my eyes meant I couldn''t see much of the game. I was lucky!

No seriously -

Marshall - 5/10 - not sure what his problem was in the final 10 minutes or so. We were in desperate need of a winner and he just didn''t seem to hasten himself into action. In all honestly didn''t have much to do, but still didn''t inspire much confidence in me from where I was watching and the defence didn''t seem to be taking much notice of him either.

Semmy 5/10 started okay but faded well before the end of the first half. A major fitness concern with him? Still better than of late.

Shacks 5/10 once he had put paid to his hoofs out of defence he settled into a decent game and was up for most of our set pieces. Seems to have a better understanding with Doc since his move.

Doc 6/10 did a bit more than Shacks and chased back when needed. Steady as usual.

Grounds 5/10 failed to pick up attacking play and looked a bit lost.

Croft 6/10 thought Croft looked well off the pace, is he injured, didn''t make many of his usual surging runs and was out of the game for long spells.

Fozzy 5/10 made one good forward pass early on and then I rarely noticed him. Don''t think he did too much wrong, but didn''t contribute much in midfield at all.

Clingan 7/10 ran the midfield for Norwich. Didn''t control it, but most of our good attacking moves came from his combining with Wes.

Wes - 7.5/10 Would love to give an 8 but he was quieter just before going off. Injury? First half he was very good, running all over the pitch and linking well with Cort and Clingan. Very good performance and great effort MOM

Cort 7/10 thought he got into some good positions and two crosses to him from Wes could have been goals. Is building some good understanding with his team mates and is beginning to look the part.

Cureton 6/10 good goal and some good ghosting into position, but not enough of it. Confidence still low? He seemed quite slow today - is he carrying an injury?

Subs: Wonderful to see young Daley come on, I think it ws my biggest cheer of the afternoon. He didn''t have time to do much and came on when we seemed to have given up but hopefully this is a signal that we will play some of the academy lads.

[quote user="medus"]

[/quote]

he dived on the floor to much! thats why he was dirty!

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]

Cureton 6/10 good goal and some good ghosting into position, but not enough of it. Confidence still low? He seemed quite slow today - is he carrying an injury?

[/quote]

Ghosting into position? Really??

He''s slow and lazy. That''s all.

Why the hell is Pattison not in the team? At least he is busy and puts himself about...and comes up with the odd goal!

Instead we have Fotheringham and an unfit Croft. Does Delia pick the f***ing team because it seems to make little difference who the manager is. We still make the same selection mistakes week in week out!

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Marshall - 5Otesmobor - 4Doherty - 6Shackell - 5Grounds - 4Croft - 5Fotheringham - 6Clingan - 5Hoolahan - 7Cort - 6Cureton - 5[/quote]were you at the game grounds 4 seriously you must have been looking into the sun most of the time

I agree with a lot you say mate but I think you''re being a touch harsh on young Grounds.

[quote user="ncfc90"]

Clingan 6.5/7 - Did well defensively, don''t know what else to put, solid performance

Fotheringham 4 - Did hardly anything today, when he did have it, gave the ball away, with passes that were simple. never plays the ball infront of the player, always behind him

[/quote]

You''ve given Fozzy a four, yet clingan a 7. Im nowhere fozzy''s biggest fan. Probably one of the his smallest. yet even i had to admit that no way was clingan any better today, But i accept peoples opinion. And yes he cant pass even under pressure. But the set up for JC was exceptional. I would have personally given him and clingan both a 6.

OTBC.

was dire today. Bar hoolahan, and cort there was no commitment.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]I am trying to be supportive, I thought he did better today than of late. Also I don''t want Wiz to cast a spell on me.....[/quote]

Lol, seriously Gazza, I''m not going to bite on anti Jami threads anymore, he''s dammed if he does, he''s dammed if he doesn''t.

Hopefully, he''ll keep on scoring now, although, if the defence can''t defend...................[:S]

Well Clingan was certainly alot more involved than fotheringham today, unlike Fotheringham he also didn''t give possession away practically every time he got it! Though i''ll agree it wasn''t Clingans best game for us.

Marshall - 4 should have done better on the goal, not much to do otherwise. It''s a long time since I''ve gone home thinking "Marshall got us the points today". Or even, "Marshall played better than their keeper".

Semmy - 4 One decent run in the first half to remind us what we were missing, but his distribution was terrible

Doc- 6 Solid at the back, won some ball at the front too

Shacks - 5 Solid

Grounds - 6 I thought he had a solid game, and he picked out Cort in the penalty area with a superb ball second half, Cort just couldn''t control it

Crofty - 6 As usual. Loads of effort, not much end product. But, involved in the goal, and kept two Burnley players occupied all game which should have meant their was space for someone else, somewhere.

Clingan - 5 Not the force he was earlier in the season, but solid

Fozzy - 6 I''ve been critical of him in the past, but he made tackles, passed forwards as often as sidewards, had a good shot well saved second half

Hoolahan - 8 MOTM Arguably his best game for Norwich. When he and Cort went off, so did our threat. He was asking to come off, though.

Cort 7 Led the line well, won his share of headers, unlucky not to score

Jamie 5 For the most part looked off the pace. But took his goal well.

Killen - 1 Normally I''d say he wasn''t on long enough to assess but by then we were in hoofball mode, and he must have had about 20 balls punted up at him. He didn''t win one. He didn''t jump for one. He fell over a lot. I can''t remember him ever getting the ball to a yellow shirt.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[/quote]

Hoolahan should be in the same team as Hucks, not a replacement for him. They could rip teams apart in this league with their ability if they had the chance to play together.

[/quote]

Yep, it would have been great to see them in the same team, very very exciting, we wouldn`t be bottom three if that had happened! Huh? [:^)]

Opposition manager''s view:

He said: "When Chris played

that one-two on the edge of the area and found himself in a one-on-one

with their keeper you are thinking ''goal'' because of the quality he has

got and the fact that he scored twice against Norwich earlier in the

season.

"Sadly it was not to be, but overall I thought it would have been a

travesty if we had won the game because Norwich put in a really good

performance
. Bryan Gunn has got them playing for him and if they carry

on like that I am sure they will be moving up the table in no time at

all.

"Norwich scored a good goal and for the next 10 minutes or so they

put us under a lot of pressure, but Brian Jensen made a good save and

we gradually got a foothold in the game.

"We managed to get a goal back with a good move, but I must admit we

were fortunate to be level at the break on the balance of play.

"Norwich probably had the biggest share of chances in the second

half as well, but I was very pleased with the way we defended. When I

first came here we would probably have lost a game like that, but we

showed a lot of character, stood up to be counted, and came away with a

hard-earned draw.

"Overall I think it is a very positive point."

Sounds a different game compared to some reports from Norwich supporters.I think quite a few believe Norwich should be consistently producing performances of Man U beating proportions. Realistically, a draw against a promotion chasing team (who have already beaten Prem. sides) is not so bad.Perhaps it would be better to accept the team is no world-beater & support them as they struggle to avoid the drop? Instead of being disappointed that you''re not watching a Premiership quality team every week?It might just help.

[quote user="ron obvious"]Opposition manager''s view:

Perhaps it would be better to accept the team is no world-beater & support them as they struggle to avoid the drop? Instead of being disappointed that you''re not watching a Premiership quality team every week?
It might just help.

[/quote]

I would be more than happy if I were only watching a team of Championship quality Ron. As we can all see from the league table, this is a far from the case.

I''ve given up expecting the moon Ron, but I do expect NCFC to be able to comfortably compete in this league.

Is that really expecting too much?

Ricardo, if the league table never lied, then Charlton, Southampton, Watford etc. could never have got the results they did lately. How do you explain the Wolves results? Beating Ipswich? Weren''t Doncaster dead & buried a while ago?The quality is there, the consistency isn''t - & it''s much the same for just about every team in this league. Look at Reading recently.Look at recent league tables. It''s impossible to predict how any one team will perform from one season to the next:04/05Pos     Name         P     W     D     L     F     A     GD     PTS1     Sunderland     46     29     7     10     76     41     35     942     Wigan Athletic     46     25     12     9     79     35     44     873     Ipswich Town     46     24     13     9     85     56     29     854     Derby County     46     22     10     14     71     60     11     765     Preston         46     21     12     13     67     58     9     756     West Ham Utd     46     21     10     15     66     56     10     737     Reading         46     19     13     14     51     44     7     708     Sheffield Utd     46     18     13     15     57     56     1     679     Wolves         46     15     21     10     72     59     13     6610     Millwall         46     18     12     16     51     45     6     6611     QPR         46     17     11     18     54     58     -4     6212     Stoke City     46     17     10     19     36     38     -2     6113     Burnley         46     15     15     16     38     39     -1     6014     Leeds United     46     14     18     14     49     52     -3     6015     Leicester City     46     12     21     13     49     46     3     5716     Cardiff City     46     13     15     18     48     51     -3     5417     Plymouth     46     14     11     21     52     64     -12     5318     Watford     46     12     16     18     52     59     -7     5219     Coventry City     46     13     13     20     61     73     -12     5220     Brighton     46     13     12     21     40     65     -25     5121     Crewe         46     12     14     20     66     86     -20     5022     Gillingham     46     12     14     20     45     66     -21     5023     Nottm Forest     46     9     17     20     42     66     -24     4424     Rotherham     46     5     14     27     35     69     -34     2905/06            1     Reading         46     31     13     2     99     32     67     1062     Sheffield Utd     46     26     12     8     76     46     30     903     Watford     46     22     15     9     77     53     24     814     Preston         46     20     20     6     59     30     29     805     Leeds United     46     21     15     10     57     38     19     786     Crystal Palace     46     21     12     13     67     48     19     757     Wolves         46     16     19     11     50     42     8     678     Coventry City     46     16     15     15     62     65     -3     639     Norwich City     46     18     8     20     56     65     -9     6210     Luton Town     46     17     10     19     66     67     -1     6111     Cardiff City     46     16     12     18     58     59     -1     6012     Southampton     46     13     19     14     49     50     -1     5813     Stoke City     46     17     7     22     54     63     -9     5814     Plymouth     46     13     17     16     39     46     -7     5615     Ipswich Town     46     14     14     18     53     66     -13     5616     Leicester City     46     13     15     18     51     59     -8     5417     Burnley         46     14     12     20     46     54     -8     5418     Hull City     46     12     16     18     49     55     -6     5219     Sheffield Wed     46     13     13     20     39     52     -13     5220     Derby County     46     10     20     16     53     67     -14     5021     QPR         46     12     14     20     50     65     -15     5022     Crewe         46     9     15     22     57     86     -29     4223     Millwall         46     8     16     22     35     62     -27     4024     Brighton     46     7     17     22     39     71     -32     3806//071     Sunderland     46     27     7     12     76     47     29     882     Birmingham     46     26     8     12     67     42     25     863     Derby County     46     25     9     12     62     46     16     844     WBA         46     22     10     14     81     55     26     765     Wolves         46     22     10     14     59     56     3     766     Southampton     46     21     12     13     77     53     24     757     Preston         46     22     8     16     64     53     11     748     Stoke City     46     19     16     11     62     41     21     739     Sheffield Wed     46     20     11     15     70     66     4     7110     Colchester     46     20     9     17     70     56     14     6911     Plymouth     46     17     16     13     63     62     1     6712     Crystal Palace     46     18     11     17     59     51     8     6513     Cardiff City     46     17     13     16     57     53     4     6414     Ipswich Town     46     18     8     20     64     59     5     6215     Burnley         46     15     12     19     52     49     3     5716     Norwich City     46     16     9     21     56     71     -15     5717     Coventry City     46     16     8     22     47     62     -15     5618     QPR         46     14     11     21     54     68     -14     5319     Leicester City     46     13     14     19     49     64     -15     5320     Barnsley     46     15     5     26     53     85     -32     5021     Hull City     46     13     10     23     51     67     -16     4922     Southend     46     10     12     24     47     80     -33     4223     Luton Town     46     10     10     26     53     81     -28     4024     Leeds United     46     13     7     26     46     72     -26     3607/081     WBA         46     23     12     11     88     55     33     812     Stoke City     46     21     16     9     69     55     14     793     Hull City     46     21     12     13     65     47     18     754     Bristol City     46     20     14     12     54     53     1     745     Crystal Palace     46     18     17     11     58     42     16     716     Watford     46     18     16     12     62     56     6     707     Wolves         46     18     16     12     53     48     5     708     Ipswich Town     46     18     15     13     65     56     9     699     Sheffield Utd     46     17     15     14     56     51     5     6610     Plymouth     46     17     13     16     60     50     10     6411     Charlton     46     17     13     16     63     58     5     6412     Cardiff City     46     16     16     14     59     55     4     6413     Burnley         46     16     14     16     60     67     -7     6214     QPR         46     14     16     16     60     66     -6     5815     Preston         46     15     11     20     50     56     -6     5616     Sheffield Wed     46     14     13     19     54     55     -1     5517     Norwich City     46     15     10     21     49     59     -10     5518     Barnsley     46     14     13     19     52     65     -13     5519     Blackpool     46     12     18     16     59     64     -5     5420     Southampton     46     13     15     18     56     72     -16     5421     Coventry City     46     14     11     21     52     64     -12     5322     Leicester City     46     12     16     18     42     45     -3     5223     Scunthorpe     46     11     13     22     46     69     -23     4624     Colchester     46     7     17     22     62     86     -24     38            Nobody wants to believe it, but a bad run of luck can & does happen, & if a team AND ITS SUPPORTERS react badly to that it will be a downward spiral.Coyle was saying that, had City got the extra goal THAT THEY DESERVED then Burnley would have been lucky to have drawn.Supporters can do nothing to help except support. Getting behind each & every player will not make them worse players - & may make them just that crucial little bit better.I don''t believe this is a club full of arrogant players. Running out in a magnificent stadium in front of 25,000 peoplethey know, deep down, that a lot is expected of them. And they also know they''re not a team of Ronaldos.They really, really need your help.

A quality goal with movement from and passing from city that they could not reproduce.  Poor defending again lost us two points.  Poor coaching and decision making in centrak midfield really killed us off,  together with limited options from bench and lack of guidance from the management team on how to exploit the changes we did eventually make.  Why did NONE of the players twig that this was a must win game for us?   If anyone ever questions the committment of loan v permanent staff remember this game,, just one loanee started and the least committed player was our right back.

No - I cant see where a win is coming from with effort and performances like this.

Marshall 6  Knows his kicking is poor and his confidence is ruined as a result.  Given that he, we our players AND our opponents also know thi swhy o why do clingand fozzy and the back four continue to pass back to him so often,  why dont they hoof it as it at least has a chance of heading in the direction of a city shirt?

Ots 4.  I good attacking run was the sum of his performance today.   More uncommitted than any loan player,  is leijer really than bad he cant shift ots from the team????#

Doc 7 SOlid - best of the defenders

Shax 5  cant forgive him forgetting to track back after blake for their goal. Instant reminder of why we let him go.  Poor effort in teh second half which would have sealed three crucial points.

Grounds 5  Worse than drury or betrand.  Needs to be dropped

Croft 6 NOt great today, less effort than in recent games and back to his worst possible crossing.  

Fozzy 6   See Clingan - gains an extra mark for being the first central midfielder in weeks to run beyond the strikers in open play to create our goal.

Clingan 5 WOeful. Ran around but Sammy Sideways and Fozzy both failed to produce a single tackle in the second half (and combined with fozzy tackled less during the game than either croft or hoolahan did individually)  Poor passing,  unable to suppport the strikers and continued failure to close down opponents midfielders means they neither create or provide cover as a central midfielder should.  Now becoming the weakest part of the team.  Sideways movement of the ball will not win us three points. Did neither midfielder really have the nouce to try and lift a ball over the top to see whether we could exploit Daleys pace???????????

Hoolahan 8 MOTM  Not everything he tried came off but he was our only hope for a goal.  Sorely missed when withdrawn for injury reasons - after the ref offered him no protections

Cureton 6 Nice finish for the goal but failed to give the movement needed or support that COrts efforts deserved.

Cort 7 Boy have we missed him all season.  A real handful for Burnley,  and forced the only real save from Jensen.

SUbs

KIllen 5  SHowed just what an impact COrt had on the game.but proving completely ineffectice

Daley 5 Did he touch the ball? Given no service at all. Why was he left 5 mins waiting to come on?  Be decisive GUnn, once you have made that decision get him on,  dont leave him so long he needs to warm up again!!

Bertrand 5 Why no carney??  Not comfortable in midfield.

Marshall - 5: Not a huge amount to do really. Could he have held on to the shot that led to their goal? Probably should have at least pushed the shot away from goal. Distribution wasn''t great and kicking was poor. Not a great game.

Grounds - 6: Solid and some neat touches. However no pace going forward and refused to cross the ball. Not a bad game though overall.

Shackell - 7: For me impressive. Made some good tackles, got his head to a lot and stood out from where I was watching. Looks like he has improved from his time at Wolves. Probably should have scored.

Doherty - 6: Solid but nothing spectacular. No glaring errors but nothing caught the eye. Didn''t notice him for most of the game and overshadowed by Shackell.

Otsemobor - 5: Frustrating as usual. Good when he did get forward with pace by why won''t he do it more often??? All too often refused to cross and half way line and passed the ball backwards way too much.

Hoolahan - 7: Generally a good game. Linked play quite well, good movement, some neat touches and signs of skill. Still has the annoying habit of giving the ball away too much. Man of the match though for me!!

Clingan - 6: Not his best game. Solid but nothing more - few wayward passes.

Fozzy - 5: Not happy with his commitment really. Pasisng was ok but just doesn''t get stuck in enough for me!!! Would prefer Russell or Pattison!

Croft - 6: Tried hard but didn''t get much joy. Where he did there was little end product. Hi energy levels weren''t up to normal standard.

Cort - 6: Not as impressive as against Brisol City but still won a lot in the air and his hold up play was good. Our key striker and when he went off we looked a worse side and won nothing in the air. Should have scored to make it 2-0 and wrap up the game.

Cureton - 5: Good finish but apart from that was poor. Doesn''t win anything in the air, gives the ball away and some of the stuff he does is quite frankly embarrassing at this level. Lets play Gow or McDonald instead!

Subs:

Killen - 4: Awful. Won nothing in the air, didn''t hold the ball up and was no threat on goal. Looks lacking in fitness and quality.

Daley - 4: Didn''t really get a touch hence the low score. Good to see a youngster given a chance and he looks quick. Definitely one for the future.

Betrand - 5: Nothing really of note.

ZLF was at the same game as me. Although I''m not sure what Killen did to deserve a 5. About four points too generous, Zipper.

Burnley were pretty poor on Saturday and while I might have taken a point at the start of the game, it was apparent early on that this was a winnable game. I don''t think we played that badly, and, as the Burnley manager said, we might easily have won the game. But the lack of desire to go and take the game by the scruff of the neck is really worrying from a  team in our position.

Anyone remember last season''s fixture vs Burnley, which was another must-win game? We really took it to them right from the off, with Fotheringham  at the heart of everything, and won the game largely on desire. I don''t believe last year''s team, man-for-man, was better.

We need more passion, and soon, or we''re going down. Surely passion should be the one thing that Gunny can inspire?