Bookings:Beuzelin 48Eastwood 90+4Best 62

Saturday, 07 February 2009

The Coca-Cola Football League Championship

Coventry 2-1 (HT 1-0)

Wolverhampton
Doyle 25McKenzie 75 Vokes 72
Bookings:Wright 69

Bookings:Ward 53Henry 57

Mckenzie or Bell to hammer the first of 12 nails in place ?

McKenzie is injured and will most likely not feature against us after being stretchured off at the weekend.Their run of results worries me, when compared to us. Drawing with Blackburn especially shows they are capable. It''s going to be a hard game, but if we work hard and play football there''s nothing to say we can''t come away with all three points. We just need to play well and defend for the entire game, not just in 30 minute patches.

Our recent results have not been bad either.  We drew against Burnley just as Coventry did, but we also got a commendable draw against Bristol City (when, but for two bad ref penalty decisions by D''Urso we would have won) who won 2-0 at Reading on Saturday. If we continue this form, we should pick up some wins soon. Coventry will be difficult, but I am confident that we can win.    

[quote user="Stone Cold"]We lost 1-2 to Bristol city mate.[/quote]

Ooops !!   Obviously it felt like we deserved the draw.  I must stop knocking back that Nelson''s Revenge !!      

They also play a cup replay tomorrow, so saturdays games will be their 5th in 15 days.....it will only be our 3rd.

Thus, we should be fresher and at an advantage

Am I clutching at straws again?

[quote user="fat lip"]

They also play a cup replay tomorrow, so saturdays games will be their 5th in 15 days.....it will only be our 3rd.

Thus, we should be fresher and at an advantage

Am I clutching at straws again?

[/quote]Alot of people said that about Burnley but they looked the most likely to score in the last 5 mins.    2 or 3 minutes longer and I really thought they were going to beat us.

[quote user="paul moy"]We drew against Burnley just as Coventry did, [/quote]

The only difference being City were at home and Coventry were away when for these two draws

We couldnt beat Charlton or Southampton at home , is there any opposition left in the Championship we are certain to beat ? no , we have a league 1 side and that is where we will be playing next season .

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]We couldnt beat Charlton or Southampton at home , is there any opposition left in the Championship we are certain to beat ? no , we have a league 1 side and that is where we will be playing next season .[/quote]That applies to EVERY team in the Championship.In fact, it applies to every football match.Otherwise, nobody would ever bother playing.

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Dictator Smith"]We couldnt beat Charlton or Southampton at home , is there any opposition left in the Championship we are certain to beat ? no , we have a league 1 side and that is where we will be playing next season .
[/quote]

That applies to EVERY team in the Championship.

In fact, it applies to every football match.
Otherwise, nobody would ever bother playing.

[/quote]

That is so true, for the Championship !!  It is also why I find the Premiership so boring, because so many matches are predictable.