Sign in to follow this  
Tom NCFC

Would relegation make a takeover more likely?

I''ve been wondering about this for a while now. Considering that Peter Callum had a £20 Mil takeover rejected by the board on the grounds of Peter''s bid being too low (I think the value of £56 Million was flashed around the media), could relegation devalue the club enough for a potential takeover bid? Please dont take this as me saying I want the club to be relegated as I do not but there is a part of me that feels that a takeover would be more likely if we were in League one due to a devaluation of the club and mounting pressure on the current board.

My view is that if we are within a few games of the end of the season and are already relegated, the club will go into administration and take the 10 point hit for this season. Thus they can write off the debts and effectively start anew. That would be an ideal time for somebody like Cullum to enter the fray IMO.  

[quote user="paul moy"]My view is that if we are within a few games of the end of the season and are already relegated, the club will go into administration and take the 10 point hit for this season. Thus they can write off the debts and effectively start anew. That would be an ideal time for somebody like Cullum to enter the fray IMO.  [/quote]No, that will just mean we get the deduction next season

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="paul moy"]My view is that if we are within a few games of the end of the season and are already relegated, the club will go into administration and take the 10 point hit for this season. Thus they can write off the debts and effectively start anew. That would be an ideal time for somebody like Cullum to enter the fray IMO.  [/quote]
No, that will just mean we get the deduction next season
[/quote]

Ok, but it is still worth taking a 10 point deduction if we can write off our large debts and bring on a takeover. 

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="paul moy"]My view is that if we are within a few games of the end of the season and are already relegated, the club will go into administration and take the 10 point hit for this season. Thus they can write off the debts and effectively start anew. That would be an ideal time for somebody like Cullum to enter the fray IMO.  [/quote]
No, that will just mean we get the deduction next season
[/quote]

Ok, but it is still worth taking a 10 point deduction if we can write off our large debts and bring on a takeover. 

[/quote]

Depends who takes over surely?

Whilst assets  outweigh debt as they do no administrator will wipe out the debt. All the debt we have is structured and not do for repayment so there are no creditors to push us towards administration. There are a hell of a lot of clubs ahead of us in the race for administration. Reported in one of the papers a few weeks back that here are a lot of clubs owe the inland revenue money. We were not included in that list so you can forget going into administration.

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

I''ve been wondering about this for a while now. Considering that Peter Callum had a £20 Mil takeover rejected by the board on the grounds of Peter''s bid being too low (I think the value of £56 Million was flashed around the media), could relegation devalue the club enough for a potential takeover bid? Please dont take this as me saying I want the club to be relegated as I do not but there is a part of me that feels that a takeover would be more likely if we were in League one due to a devaluation of the club and mounting pressure on the current board.

[/quote]Tom, with respect, it would be a mistake to concentrate entirely on valuation. Of course it''s important, and comes into the equation, but the real question any potential owner of Norwich City (or any club) has to ask if whether they can afford to bankroll the company several years into the future.In other words, can they afford to run the club once they bought it? Whether relegation (with or without administration) would seriously affect the answer to that question is probably something that would only become clear if it happened.

lol am i the only one to think that if no one wants to take over us now being a league 1 club with less revenue is a less attracttive option than a championship club?

I agree with Cowley. If your looking for someone with money to take us over then they are only going to be interested in a Premiership team or at the very least top Championship side!Why would they want to waste time and money building up a League 1 club?