Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Thoughts on Crofty?

[quote user="The Original Pinkun Poster"]

How did you think he did yesturday?

I think that he was wasted ! did not do alot!

[/quote]

What sort of wasted are you referring to?

I think I would prefer wasteful.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="The Original Pinkun Poster"]

How did you think he did yesturday?

I think that he was wasted ! did not do alot!

[/quote]

What sort of wasted are you referring to?

I think I would prefer wasteful.

[/quote]

wasted [Y]

Didn''t bust a gut as he has in recent games but unfortunately when he did get the ball it was the usual drill - no end product.

Crofty has had to bust a gut all season up & down the right thanks to the woefull deffending,Semmi was disgracefull yet again saturday,he should be disgusted with himself for playing no part in a must win match.Must make a big point of this at colney this week he''s wasting attacking oppotunitys and putting pressure on his own team,Crofty needs to be further up the pitch and not have to mop up for the donkey who aint doing his job.Croftys legs started to look heavy as the game went on seasons taking its toll he needs to preserve that energy for going forward,Tierd players are usually more prone to injury which is the last thing we need to happen.So point being pull ya finger out Semmi.   

I love Crofts commitment and passion but the end product just isn''t there. If i was him i''d work on crossing after training, if he improved his crosses he''d be a very good player to have.

As always - flatters to deceive. Looks the part, lots of effort but he still can''t cross the ball on the run.

Sign the contract or sod off, 3 years wages for two and a half years of fatness and running around like a headless chicken and 6 months of good play. we stuck by you when you were rubbish now you should do the same

Think he''s struggled the last couple of games. Could have a knock I guess. But he''s done more than his fair share of the work this season so won''t hold a couple of tired performances against him.

He''s really started showing what he''s capable of this season which was always likely to be the case once he was settled and had a good run in the team. Over the previous couple of seasons he''s been in and out of the team and that was never going to do him any favours but this year he''s had that run and he''s been one of very few players for us who have had a good season.

I think he''s got about 5 league goals which isn''t bad at all and his crossing is decent, as he once against showed at the weekend when he crossed perfectly for Cort.

Yes some crosses are a bit short, bit too deep etc etc but in general it''s not anywhere near as bad as people would like to suggest. I mean sometimes people need to get a grip. We''re lucky to have a player as good as Lee Croft, you can bet that there''ll be plenty of teams in much better positions than us that would want to sign him.

But then I suppose some fans expect us to have a winger with pace to burn, who can beat half a dozen players before putting in a perfect cross and getting at least 3 assists a game and scoring a goal himself to top it off.

I couldn''t make saturday''s match so that a positive bit of news at least, like i said if Crofty could get his crossing more consistant then he''d be a top player for us

Croft reminds me of Mark Rivers, in that he has a couple of brilliant games but then goes back to looking unfit and drifting in and out of matches. If he could get some consistency, he would be a real asset to us - but will he?