Sign in to follow this  
salp

shearer

looks like the big man has got the hump with the toons...
worth an offer? !!!

No hope of signing and hopefully we dont want him - he is as big a prima dona as they come with an equally over inflated opinion of his ability. He causes trouble within teams (Sutton, Owen, Beckham Gillespie, Gullitt) and would spoil the excellent team spirit in the club.

Stay away - I''d (almost) rather have scowcroft...

OTBC

I cant beleive what i have just read zipper. Shearer is a god. I am only in my early 20''s, but he is without doubt one the greatest english forwards ever. Always gives 110%, great finisher at any level. Just imagine if he''d been up front with rooney in the euros. Always guarantees 20 goals a season, and has come back from every injury imaginable.

And you would scowcroft over shearer... me too NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know from friends of players who have partnered him how destructive Shearers behind the scenes manipulations are - the bloke thinks he is god when in reality he was simply a half decent striker.

I have long held the view that he has held back the development of Newcastle and did the same whilst he was playing for England - look how much further the England team has improved since he stopped playing - as fans we are still disappointed with the final outcomes but we do far better since he retired/faced up the the fact he was no longer up to it.

No player, not matter how good, has the right to hold a club to ransom in the way he is trying to do at Newcastle, how arrogant is that - what happens when he fails to score during the opening 10 games - cant be dropped then either? Last season the toon fans were questioning his ability because the vast majority of his goals came from set pieces and his ''team'' contribution in build up etc was nil.

I knew my view would be, um, unique , but I am happy in my opinion that my football team would be a far better club and a more united team without Shearer.

OTBC

What the hell is going on. The guy is head & shoulders above every English striker all throughtout history. When he killed us in the famous Blackburn drubbing I was in shock at what a complete player he really is.
Add to that the injuries he''s had to overcome, would finish a lot of pro''s careers, not only that but he has always played to his strengths, an intellegent act that many many players dont seem to understand, he never...ever gives the ball away, how the guy above can say he has limited build up play has clearly never watched Alan Shearer play. He changed the way he played when he joined Newcastle because he knew his legs couldn''t take playing on the shoulders of defenders anymore yet the goals stream in as normal.
He is over 90 goals ahead of Andy Cole in the Premiership all time goal scorers he will bring up the 250 mark this season because he has always guaranteed 20+ goals a season, injury permitting, he makes that guarentee, all he wants from his club is a guarentee that he''ll play & I saw the interview he clearly states ''form permitting''. The guys a living legend & makes fools of the ''box'' strikers (Lineker,greaves,owen,rush) that seem to get the praise. He would still be my first name on the teamsheet at Newcastle & the premier league will be a worse place without him next year.
I would be honoured to support a club with a pro like that. Phew glad thats off my chest.

Zip, what you say is true about his arrogance. But you can''t say that he was "simply a half decent striker" because it''s not true.

He was absolutely, unbelievably, incredibly good. Any range, any goal, header, penalty, free kick he always hit the back of the net. Remember the one into the roof of the net for England when we had an indirect FK in the box? They had 11 men on the goal line. Sheringham knocked it back to him and .. BANG. Goal.

The guy is a genius, and 28 goals last season proves, at 32, with numerous ligament operations, he is still up there with the cream in this country.

I don''t want disruptive players at City (although we never stood a chance of getting him anyway), but I don''t respect Shearer''s ability any the less - some of the greatest footballers in history have been total tw*ts but that doesn''t change their talent.

i cant believe what ive just read about the doubting of shearers ability!? the guys superb, and i cant believe it when people say they wouldnt want him here!? who the hell are you hoping for ronaldo!?!?!?!?!