Sign in to follow this  
Norwich 4 Lyf

Why do we take cort off?

why take cort off for he doing so well and if he is to get his fitness up he will need to play games to get fitter. He looking lively upfront but we need to have another player who can score instead of cureton coz he shit.

In out next game against coventry lets get behind the lads make the roof come off they need us more than anything so cmon lads/ladies lets do this for the football club we all love and wood die for

Perhaps because he''s got a history of knee injuries through his career and we dont want a reoccurrence. Or perhaps because he hasn''t played at a high standard of football for quite some time and needs to be eased back to full fitness.

[quote user="Norwich 4 Lyf"]but then he needs to get full games to get fit and show he can do it at this level[/quote]

It''s not training, we need a full strength, full fitness team out there for 90 minutes. Playing someone who''s blowing out of their backside, just to give them minutes, is not appropriate at this time in the season! Having said that, a completely knackered Cort still seems a better option than a fresh Killen...

I think he''s been one of our better players in the last couple of games which probably says a lot about the quality of our squad. He''s obviously hungry to play and probably sees this as his last chance of saving his career.

[quote user="Beaker"]Perhaps because hes a donkey?[/quote]

Yet all our attacking potency went as soon as he was subbed.... but dont worry, he''s a donkey.

jas :)

Because Gunn does not know what to do !! He is a man lost , way over his head, by the way , Curo scored ,,,why take him off ??? Our most likely strikers replaced by a pair of subs who looked scared of the ball !

You obviously didn''t go to the game Beaker.

Why does everybody suddenly think Carl Cort is some form of footballing genious who is one of the best players in our team. I''m not denying he can hold the ball up when it gets to his feet, but you can clearly see he''s not one to put himself about much. He wont battle and he wont run. Its only a couple of neat bits of play when he gets the ball at his feet that he''s good at. I fail to see all the hype about Cort.

For what we as a club should be aiming for, mid table, Carl Cort is not good enough to be a regular in our front 2.

I went to the game yesterday, and I didn''t see much of a performance from him at all, so what is it that everyone loves Carl Cort for?

I think you must have spent most of the game with your head stuck up your backside.  Cort is getting back to full fitness and proved over the last few games that he''s a genuinely good player.  As for saying that he won''t battle?!?!  He took a right kicking on Saturday with absolutely no help from a pathetic referee.  He fought for every high ball and must have been getting more than a little p''d off with carrying he Burnley defence piggy back most of the time.  Probably the most fouled man on the park and never gave up or gave an inch! No wonder hewas substitude before the end.  Also, he would have scored with a fantasic header under pressure had it not been for the best save I''ve seen this season. 

As for you Beaker, you wouldn''t know a good footballer if he kicked you in the nuts.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

Why does everybody suddenly think Carl Cort is some form of footballing genious who is one of the best players in our team. I''m not denying he can hold the ball up when it gets to his feet, but you can clearly see he''s not one to put himself about much. He wont battle and he wont run. Its only a couple of neat bits of play when he gets the ball at his feet that he''s good at. I fail to see all the hype about Cort.

For what we as a club should be aiming for, mid table, Carl Cort is not good enough to be a regular in our front 2.

I went to the game yesterday, and I didn''t see much of a performance from him at all, so what is it that everyone loves Carl Cort for?

[/quote]

I think the thing with Carl Cort is that you can see he is a good footballer. He knows what he''s doing. But obviously his injury problems mean he''s only a fraction of the player he could be (could have been).

Hopefully if he can stay clear of the injuries then he''ll go on to be an important player for us.

At the moment I think he''s our only real chance of survival, if he got injured I think that''d be it for us.

[quote user="Norwich 4 Lyf"]

why take cort off for he doing so well and if he is to get his fitness up he will need to play games to get fitter. He looking lively upfront but we need to have another player who can score instead of cureton coz he shit.

In out next game against coventry lets get behind the lads make the roof come off they need us more than anything so cmon lads/ladies lets do this for the football club we all love and wood die for

[/quote]

"Lyf", "he doing" "he looking", "coz he s***", "wood die for"................ Please, give me strength.

Good points made though.

[quote user="Scooby"]

I think you must have spent most of the game with your head stuck up your backside.  Cort is getting back to full fitness and proved over the last few games that he''s a genuinely good player.  As for saying that he won''t battle?!?!  He took a right kicking on Saturday with absolutely no help from a pathetic referee.  He fought for every high ball and must have been getting more than a little p''d off with carrying he Burnley defence piggy back most of the time.  Probably the most fouled man on the park and never gave up or gave an inch! No wonder hewas substitude before the end.  Also, he would have scored with a fantasic header under pressure had it not been for the best save I''ve seen this season. 

As for you Beaker, you wouldn''t know a good footballer if he kicked you in the nuts.

[/quote]   Good post Scooby...Spoilt only by the mention of Huckerby..Get over it....Move on..

[quote user="twinkle toes silvester"][quote user="Scooby"]

[/quote]  
Good post Scooby...
Spoilt only by the mention of Huckerby..
Get over it....Move on..
[/quote]

Erm, where?????

[quote user="twinkle toes silvester"][quote user="Scooby"]

[/quote]   Good post Scooby...Spoilt only by the mention of Huckerby..Get over it....Move on..[/quote]I think you need to get over it seeing as you imagining him being mentioned in posts when he isn''t. [:|]

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="twinkle toes silvester"][quote user="Scooby"]

[/quote]   Good post Scooby...Spoilt only by the mention of Huckerby..Get over it....Move on..[/quote]

Erm, where?????

[/quote]

I think they''re referring to your signature, at the bottom of your post. But that''s there all the time, so I''m not sure the dig really worked or had any particular venom behind it!!I was at the game and I agree with the talk of bad substitutions. As the chap who sits behind me and I discussed, "Think what you like about Gunny, but his substitutions are always ineffective"That''s entirely true.Wes and Cort were our best players on the day and they got taken off far too early in my opinion. Ok, bringing Daley on was great for the lad and gave the crowd a boost. But, did anyone see him touch the ball?? I certainly didn''t. If we''d have had Cort on the pitch, he would have had more chance at winning the flick ons for Daley to utilise his pace. Unfortunately we bring on a striker who can''t score in the Scottish leagues, doesn''t seem very adept in the air and is totally short of match fitness. It''s folly I tell you! Wes was clearly unimpressed with being replaced by Bertrand and so he should have been. He played out of his skin and looked a threat the entire game. Bertrand probably should have started at left back. I''m guessing his injury kept him out. In my opinion Grounds is wasted there. He doesn''t have a clue how to get forward, despite being ok defensively, and surely a left back should overlap?? Nope, Grounds does not have the pace to get back. That would leave more room to exploit. The left of our defense is shaky at best, so''s the right come to think of it.If Gunny had included Carney in the line up, I could understand Hoolahan coming off. I''m sorry Bryan, but you need to start thinking about changing things up for the better. We lost all of our attacking threat on Saturday.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[/quote]What the hell were you watching???  Cort, Hoolahan and Croft were again our best players on the pitch!! When Cort and Hoolahan went off, we lost all our shape thats why we hardly touched the ball in the last 10 minutes or so.

We really do have some numpties in our fanbase. Cort has worked his nuts off since he came into the side, been kicked and pushed from pillar to post, shown great hold up play and excellent feet for a big man, as well as offering a genuine goal threat.What more do you want from him, other than morphing into Hucks or Dion? The guy has only started the last four games and has made a big impact, despite having to carry the inept Cureton. Get off his back for Christ''s sake![:@]

More of a thoroughbred than a donkey, I should say. Regardless of whatever criticism he may get levelled at him by people like you, he was our best attacking option on Saturday and so therefore it was a rather crass decision to hook him. As was the decision to withdraw Hoolahan.

I thought Cort had a really good game sat and was a real threat in front of goal,he held the ball up well and played well with cureton I thought. It is frustrating when he gets taken off and that his fitness isnt perhaps up to scratch but I suppose its better to have him on the pitch for 60 mins than not at all if he gets an injury[:)]

[quote user="Scooby"]last post directed at Shaun the sheep[/quote]

Excellent [:|]. How old are you? I''m 17 and ''Shaun the sheep'' is something I may have come out with when I was about 8 ...

[quote user="Beauseant"]

We really do have some numpties in our fanbase. Cort has worked his nuts off since he came into the side, been kicked and pushed from pillar to post, shown great hold up play and excellent feet for a big man, as well as offering a genuine goal threat.What more do you want from him, other than morphing into Hucks or Dion? The guy has only started the last four games and has made a big impact, despite having to carry the inept Cureton. Get off his back for Christ''s sake![:@]

[/quote]

Look, I came on a thread about Carl Cort, I posted my opinion on Carl Cort. Is that not what I''m supposed to do on a messageboard. I didn''t agree with peoples comments on here, I don''t go calling them numpties, I replied with a serious question. And I think ''get off his back for christ sake![:@]'' is a bit far. Am I not allowed to post an opinion without ''being on his back all the time''. It was one post.

[quote user="colneycanary"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[/quote]What the hell were you watching???  Cort, Hoolahan and Croft were again our best players on the pitch!! When Cort and Hoolahan went off, we lost all our shape thats why we hardly touched the ball in the last 10 minutes or so.[/quote]

Yep, but was that more to do with the fact Killen wasn''t capable of the job at all. I''m not saying Cort isn''t capable. But for a decent championship team we should not be happy with Cort as our first choice striker, that is what I''m saying. I still don''t see what all the hype about him is. As I said, I realise he can hold up the ball up and play a few neat passes but I don''t see him doing much more than that or putting himself about.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[/quote]

I think the thing with Carl Cort is that you can see he is a good footballer. He knows what he''s doing. But obviously his injury problems mean he''s only a fraction of the player he could be (could have been).

Hopefully if he can stay clear of the injuries then he''ll go on to be an important player for us.

At the moment I think he''s our only real chance of survival, if he got injured I think that''d be it for us.

[/quote]

Thank you for replying in a serious manner, without calling me a ''numpty'' a ''sheep'' or shouting ''WHAT GAME WERE YOU WATCHING [:@]!''.

I realise he can be a rather important player for us in our bid to avoid the drop, but if we were to stay up, would you be happy with Carl Cort as our first choice striker? I wouldn''t. I think we should be aiming for players with a little bit more about their game.

And about the injury problems. That, I feel, is why I occasionally see him reluctant to battle as much as he could for a ball. He may be concerned about the consequences. Nevertheless, your point about him being an important player for us during our battle for survival is one I can agree with [Y]