Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

Did you see 11 players busting a gut out there?

Although we had good possession yesterday I still came away feeling that whilst there was effort from our team I didn''t feel that I had witnessed 11 players busting a gut to the limit to obtain a result. Loan player are always going to be questioned for their commitment but I''d like to see shattered players at the end  of 90 mins, I don''t think there were many yesterday.Is relegation such a worry for them as it is us. We need Cort jumping for every header not every other one. We need our midfield getting up and down for 90 min and we need our defenders throwing themselves in the line of fire and chasing down attackers even when there away and gone.Only person I saw yesterday putting in a full shift was Hoolahan. Croft is another who usually can''t be criticized for effort although yesterday he was not at the races and we all know his end product is more often than not disappointingAny chance of survival will take more effort than that which I saw yesterday.. This post might not make me flavour of the month but I say what I see.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]Although we had good possession yesterday I still came away feeling that whilst there was effort from our team I didn''t feel that I had witnessed 11 players busting a gut to the limit to obtain a result.

Loan player are always going to be questioned for their commitment but I''d like to see shattered players at the end  of 90 mins, I don''t think there were many yesterday.

Is relegation such a worry for them as it is us.

We need Cort jumping for every header not every other one. We need our midfield getting up and down for 90 min and we need our defenders throwing themselves in the line of fire and chasing down attackers even when there away and gone.

Only person I saw yesterday putting in a full shift was Hoolahan. Croft is another who usually can''t be criticized for effort although yesterday he was not at the races and we all know his end product is more often than not disappointing

Any chance of survival will take more effort than that which I saw yesterday..

This post might not make me flavour of the month but I say what I see.

[/quote]

Totally agree hardhouse.  V Little committment.

Mind you the reference to loan players does not really help - only 2 started the game and they were not the least committed on the pitch,  although they did blunder for the equaliser 

they dont seem to have any desire to go out there and play for the club !especially our midfield. what a joke, fotheringham might aswell be replaced by a wet paper bag

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]Although we had good possession yesterday I still came away feeling that whilst there was effort from our team I didn''t feel that I had witnessed 11 players busting a gut to the limit to obtain a result. Loan player are always going to be questioned for their commitment but I''d like to see shattered players at the end  of 90 mins, I don''t think there were many yesterday.Is relegation such a worry for them as it is us. We need Cort jumping for every header not every other one. We need our midfield getting up and down for 90 min and we need our defenders throwing themselves in the line of fire and chasing down attackers even when there away and gone.Only person I saw yesterday putting in a full shift was Hoolahan. Croft is another who usually can''t be criticized for effort although yesterday he was not at the races and we all know his end product is more often than not disappointingAny chance of survival will take more effort than that which I saw yesterday.. This post might not make me flavour of the month but I say what I see.

[/quote]fir sure - we had a goal lead - surely we should have been chasing hard, and closing down like our lives depended upon it - high tempo my @rse,,,burnley played mid-week - not us,,,where''s the fight, spirit and determination needed to win matches when you''re up against it...relegation fodder - not half...

[quote user="urdie_Canary"]they dont seem to have any desire to go out there and play for the club !

especially our midfield. what a joke, fotheringham might aswell be replaced by a wet paper bag
[/quote]

Another sheep jumps on to the Fotheringham bandwagon !

I agree ZLF. I think on many occasions Worthy made the same comment.  It was made by him in this fashion" that we have to earn the right to play"  many on these boards didn''t like that remark and criticised him for it.  He wanted players who were committed enough to be first to the ball and in the faces of the opposition.  Our running off the ball has been awful for these past three seasons and only on a very few of our games have we looked like we mean business. We seem to lack concentration in defence, showed mainly by poor positioning, and  the lack of ability to read the game.  Many will say that it is the managers fault and that he should be responsible for the motivation of the team.  I say that this is the schoolboy approach to life.  After all they are grown men and should be aware that they are the ones who need to apply their own motivation.  There are rambling statements made to the media by various members of our team saying that they need to put many things right on the pitch, and that the results are down to them.  Perhaps a little less talk about good intentions; and a bit more do on the pitch,would be a step in the right direction. OTBC!!!

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="urdie_Canary"]they dont seem to have any desire to go out there and play for the club !especially our midfield. what a joke, fotheringham might aswell be replaced by a wet paper bag[/quote]

Another sheep jumps on to the Fotheringham bandwagon !

[/quote]Does he or does he just tell the truth that nobody wants to here. I''ve said this until in blue in the face If everybody is so good why are we so bad.The problem is we want hero''s, we want to love our players. We want to believe that Fotheringham is a cultured ball playing midfielder with bags of vision and Glenn Hoddle''s passing range. Truth is he''s not. And whilst we can all acknowledge his contribution to our goal you would be a fool not to remember that''s what he''s there for and that he is bound to do something’s right by virtue of himnbeing a professional football and just for being on the damn pitch in the first place. Bobby Zamora scored yesterday but if you had a good premiership side would you want him?We Norwich fans do to ourselves what the board do to us. Kid us that we have a talented team that is just unlucky. It''s us spinning ourselves. We, myself included are all guilty of it. We want to love our player and we want hero''s that are playing now not just distant memories. Maybe thats why we have pinned our hopes on a management team with zero experience at this level. Because they were once our hero''s and we have nobody to replace themCome on guys, nobody bar Hoolahan was busting his ball out there Saturday and nobody on the pitch looked in his league from a footballing perspective. We are already watching league 1 football we just can''t admit it to ourselves. 

It seems like, to me anyway, most of our players are already waving the white flag! Do they believe in Norwich City anymore.

Sad thing is, the club plays their wages.They should be prepared to give their all in return. But..

Some of them must be totally shot through though, with what they have been through this season. Roeder has plainly knocked the stuffing out of some of them. Otsemebor case in point I think. His confidence has been totally erroded away.

Who wouldn''t have lost heart as a full time commited player to Norwich City, seeing your place taken each week by some loaned in journeyman or a young premier league upstart. Does not give you the sence that you really belong, does it.

Take Darrel Russell''s season. Thanklessly played out of position for a chunk of the season, then cast aside in favour of a vastly inferior player in Killen. Then you sit on the bench watching a midfield combination that has never really gelled or ever looked like being the answer.

Russell is not the only one who has been forced to play out of position either, and then being dropped for not turning in the ''expected'' performace. All it does is errode away players condidence, esteme and selfworth.

Never this season have Norwich City, because of what I call the abuse of the loan situation, had a squad that are ''all in this together.'' You cannot have that togetherness in the squad with so many loan players who at the end of the day not going to be around in a few months or next season. I remember a situation at work where full time workers were working along side ''casual workers'' in a redundancey situation. There was a marked difference in the attitude in the two different groups. I guess it must be simular with loans and full time players. That togetherness just was not there.

[quote user="JohnoBono"]

Take Darrel Russell''s season. Thanklessly played out of position for a chunk of the season, then cast aside in favour of a vastly inferior player in Killen. Then you sit on the bench watching a midfield combination that has never really gelled or ever looked like being the answe

Russell is not the only one who has been forced to play out of position either, and then being dropped for not turning in the ''expected'' performace. All it does is errode away players condidence, esteme and selfworth.

[/quote]Sounds like good sense. The only thing is that I''ve seen Russell play both as a striker and in his "best position" this season, and I''ve seen him play brilliantly in the first and dismally in the second. He''s my pick of the bunch as "Under-achiever of the Season", and seemingly Gunn (and Roeder before him) feel that way as well. When he can be arsed, Rusty is as good as you''ll find in this division: the problem is that for 2 out of every 3 games, he can''t be arsed.

Hoolahan showed against Doncaster that he cares when he was brought off and has shown it many times this season for me for the simple fact he runs everywhere trying to show for the ball and make things happen, they might not always come off but at least he''s doing something.

Anyone hear him on radio Norfolk after the S''oton game,? you could hear how disappointed he was to have lost the 3 points even though he was getting praise thrust upon him by everyone for his goal he actually said we lost the game rather than drew which is a clear indication of how he feels.

Crofty is another one that gives his all for the side aswell as Sammy Clingan and while this might be an un-popular choice i also see alot of passion in the Doc.

[quote user="The Original Pinkun Poster"]gunn needs to inspirere them![/quote]

i thought Gunn''s post match interview was a bit tame - it came across that he thought a point was a good result and we maybe could''ve nicked a win. have the club not realised what a dire position we are in yet?