Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Chris Killen

After the Bristol game i posted how poor i thought Killen looked, albeit he only had 5 or 10 mins, and i got slated for it. Probably rightly so u cant do much in that time, but i was posting just what i thought of the times he was involved.Well yesterday he had 25 mins and he did nothing to change my original opinion of him.He looked slow, unfit and quite frankly was appalling. He looked worse than John Hartson. When were in dire need of a goal, 3rd from bottom and we bring this guy on? God help us, were down if thats the plan.

Couldn''t agree more - when Cort went off I said to the guy sitting next to me ''well we won''t win anything more in the air'' and it was worse than that. He didn''t win any headers, his hold up play was poor and I saw nothing to suggest he is likely to score a goal let alone the goals to keep us up! It was depressing viewing....! Made a mockery of that article in the programme about him being up for the fight.....!

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"]Couldn''t agree more - when Cort went off I said to the guy sitting next to me ''well we won''t win anything more in the air'' and it was worse than that. He didn''t win any headers, his hold up play was poor and I saw nothing to suggest he is likely to score a goal let alone the goals to keep us up! It was depressing viewing....! Made a mockery of that article in the programme about him being up for the fight.....![/quote]DefinitelyWhat i saw was a guy incredibly unfit and out of is depth. Maybe he has some ability but by yesterdays showing he''s a pre season away from showing it.

Who was the scout responsible for identifying Killen,   he should be sacked [;)]

I counted 1 header that Killen one, and that pretty much skimmed the top of his head and went harmlessly out of play. Shocking perfomance.

[quote user="NCFC_Thain"]I counted 1 header that Killen one, and that pretty much skimmed the top of his head and went harmlessly out of play. Shocking perfomance.[/quote]won not one. We need an edit button

why didn`t you add this  to my thread ? how very  dare you not check back 2 years to see if theres another thread on a subject[:D]

[quote user="Barclayman"]After the Bristol game i posted how poor i thought Killen looked, albeit he only had 5 or 10 mins, and i got slated for it. Probably rightly so u cant do much in that time, but i was posting just what i thought of the times he was involved.Well yesterday he had 25 mins and he did nothing to change my original opinion of him.He looked slow, unfit and quite frankly was appalling. He looked worse than John Hartson. When were in dire need of a goal, 3rd from bottom and we bring this guy on? God help us, were down if thats the plan.

[/quote]well at least the chips shops round here don''t sell deep-fired mars bars!!!guess he''ll be fit enough to get a new deal with a new club close season...

[quote user="Barclayman artist formerly known as Barclayboy"]After the Bristol game i posted how poor i thought Killen looked, albeit he only had 5 or 10 mins, and i got slated for it. Probably rightly so u cant do much in that time, but i was posting just what i thought of the times he was involved.

Well yesterday he had 25 mins and he did nothing to change my original opinion of him.

He looked slow, unfit and quite frankly was appalling. He looked worse than John Hartson. When were in dire need of a goal, 3rd from bottom and we bring this guy on? God help us, were down if thats the plan.

[/quote]

In all honesty, I thought you were a bit premature after the Bristol game, but have to agree that you''re right this week. We had no momentum at all once Cort went off. Another poor decision by Gunny( ie to bring Killen in).

He is even less effective than Chris Brown. Utter, utter dogsh*t.

I suppose he is back-up in case Cort''s knee goes again; but if he''s the best we could find then I''d rather go without.

This is poor stuff, it really is.

[quote user="Golbio79Youll never out fox the Fox Ruel Fox"]

I blame the scout who brought him in. Must of liked his accent

[/quote]

Which of our scouts comes from New Zealand then [:^)]

Quite frankly if were looking to Killen to come on and get the goals then we might as well give up now.Id have rather seen Russell come on up front. Cort needs to start putting in 90 mins now, we need him. In the last 2 home matches our entire attacking impetus dissappeared once Cort went off and Killen came on.

[quote user="Barclayman artist formerly known as Barclayboy"]

Id have rather seen Russell come on up front.
[/quote]

Well you''d have to wonder what Darel Russell is thinking. Playing upfront isn''t even his position yet he looks considerably better there than Killen has and yet he was left on the bench.

He''s tried to do a job for Norwich when he''s been called on and now he''s being overlooked in favour of someone who looks absolutely useless.

And even though his form hasn''t great this season I think most City fans would ideally prefer him to be playing in midfield instead of Fotheringham.

Apparently Killen is injured and not available for the yarmouth reserves game tonight but Ian Crook reckons he should be back on saturday - WTF!!!!!! - he was total and utter sh1te on Saturday and doesn''t deserve another chance - if we''re that desperate put Rusty back up front.

[quote user="Haggerdoo"]Apparently Killen is injured and not available for the yarmouth reserves game tonight but Ian Crook reckons he should be back on saturday - WTF!!!!!! - he was total and utter sh1te on Saturday and doesn''t deserve another chance - if we''re that desperate put Rusty back up front.[/quote]well if he''s injured - he''s hardly going to be putting the hours in on the training pitch this week to get fitter is he???the boy is clearly off being match fit - what value can he give us???

[quote user="Ed Notty"]

I have just two words for the guy which I think sums him up perfectly:

Dean Coney.

[/quote]

This is truly shocking! In our hour of need we have managed to unearth a player to rival the undisputed all time worst player to set foot on the carrow turf ever. Coney''s place in the hall of infamy must be under threat now. Could Killen even score a fluke with his arse? I haven''t seen the guy play but when you describe him as ''Dean Coney'' I know exactly what you mean..........

[quote user="Lol Morgan"]

He is even less effective than Chris Brown.[/quote]

I bet you wish Chris brown was back at Carrow Road though for all your critisism of him

To be fair to Killen he still hasn''t exactly been given that much of a chance.  Yes he didn''t win a lot on Sat (though won 3 or 4 freekicks that for another side might have been considered to be in a dangerous area), but then how many decent balls were actually put in for him to win?  Not many (largely because Croft was on the pitch).  Cort was certainly far more of a threat, but doesn''t seem able (yet) to last 90 mins so there wasn''t really that much of a choice.  No, I can''t really condemn Killen - yet - as he''s still not had much of a chance. 

I have to say, that I am beginning to have big concerns about our recent signings - but would be happy as larry to be proven wrong.  The idea of signing players - particularly on loan - is that they are meant to give you a lift, being of a quality that you couldn''t otherwise sign.  That being the case, the players we got in should have been able to slot in and make an immediate difference, yet most have either been sat on the bench or worse still not even in the squad (injured already?!)....sadly, not a lot of that ''quality'' has been immediately evident.