Sign in to follow this  
Barclay_Boy

Southampton Fans Protest Before The Match

Reported in the press today. Obviously they didn''t feel it was "disloyal", "likely to hurt the team''s performance" (especially as they won convincingly).

Perhaps they are a little less happy than us at the imminent prospect of 3rd division football?

To be fair ( I am living in exile in Pompey/Southampton territory) they are in a worse situation than us

No crowd (i think they''re getting 11000 odd)

All the corners of the stadium closed to save on stewarding

Basically just playing a youth team

Real prospect of administration

At least we have a few assets (eg players like Marshall, Clingan and Hoolahoop) that someone would want to buy if we went down

Plus Pompey are doing quite well which is really rubbing salt in their wounds

[quote user="CT the Jarrold king"]It''s because we are far too loyal to the club/team/current board.

Either that or we just cant be bothered?
[/quote]

I''ve always believed that appointing Gunn was a ploy to stop protests, hmm? seems its working!

It''s just another example that underlines the fact that the FA Premier League, Sky,... are killing the beautiful game. I can still remember So''ton, Leeds utd., Leicester City, ... being strong clubs with a great fanbase, playing good football.

In a way I feel sorry for them....

What''s next... The ManU league on ManU TV The Liverpool League on Reds TV, The Arsenal League.., Chelsea League...?

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="CT the Jarrold king"]It''s because we are far too loyal to the club/team/current board.

Either that or we just cant be bothered?
[/quote]

I''ve always believed that appointing Gunn was a ploy to stop protests, hmm? seems its working!

[/quote]

Seems you were spot on there Wiz''...

Exactly Barclay Boyy... 3-0 hey???  mmm IT certainly does seem to efect the team but not as the majority on here would have you believe.

Maybe a protest is what NCFC requires from top to bottom... and maybe it might just give them on the pitch the kick up the arse they deserve too???

After all apart from us having to make do with players who clearly aren''t good enough who has helped us in to the position we are in?

If they can''t cope with a few hundred fans protesting against the board then it just shows our bunch of weak willed players up for what they are... a bunch of amatuers!!!

[quote user="Smudger"]

Exactly Barclay Boyy... 3-0 hey???  mmm IT certainly does seem to efect the team but not as the majority on here would have you believe.

Maybe a protest is what NCFC requires from top to bottom... and maybe it might just give them on the pitch the kick up the arse they deserve too???

After all apart from us having to make do with players who clearly aren''t good enough who has helped us in to the position we are in?

If they can''t cope with a few hundred fans protesting against the board then it just shows our bunch of weak willed players up for what they are... a bunch of amatuers!!!

[/quote]Organise a protest Smudger and I''m there [Y]

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Our lot seems to take everything...[/quote]

Does "our lot" include you and Barclay_Boy or are you in some way different to the rest of us?

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]

It''s just another example that underlines the fact that the FA Premier League, Sky,... are killing the beautiful game. I can still remember So''ton, Leeds utd., Leicester City, ... being strong clubs with a great fanbase, playing good football.

In a way I feel sorry for them....

What''s next... The ManU league on ManU TV The Liverpool League on Reds TV, The Arsenal League.., Chelsea League...?

[/quote]

I think that you''re right. Children today, at about teh age of say 9 or so, are being bombarded by Chelsea this, Aresenal, Liverpool, Man U the other they have very little interest in their local league team so that Norwich and all the others lose out to glory hunters who wil probably never see "their" team of Man U at the ground.

[quote user="CT the Jarrold king"]Organise a protest Smudger and I''m there [Y][/quote]Now no-one will take it seriously! [:|]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="CT the Jarrold king"]Organise a protest Smudger and I''m there [Y][/quote]Now no-one will take it seriously! [:|][/quote]No one takes you seriously with your constant ''we''re doomed I tell you! DOOMED'' comments IMO

[quote user="CT the Jarrold king"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="CT the Jarrold king"]Organise a protest Smudger and I''m there [Y][/quote]Now no-one will take it seriously! [:|][/quote]No one takes you seriously with your constant ''we''re doomed I tell you! DOOMED'' comments IMO[/quote]Ok CT, let''s get serious then. You have said in no uncertain terms that you will be there if a protest is organised, but will you be there to voice your concerns face to face with the board members at the forthcoming NCISA forum?

[quote user="CT the Jarrold king"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Organise a protest Smudger and I''m there [Y]
[/quote]

Cardiff City (h) on March 10th CT???

My usual meet 6pm in The Hotel Nelson???

If 10 people can turn up who are really up for doing something then I am up for it.

I reckon I will be sat just having a pint with my usual crowd though, before they trot off down to Carrow Road to silently sit watchiug yet more fireworks... [:|]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="CT the Jarrold king"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If 10 people can turn up who are really up for doing something then I am up for it.

I reckon I will be sat just having a pint with my usual crowd though, before they trot off down to Carrow Road to silently sit watchiug yet more fireworks... [:|]

[/quote]

Have you ever felt like your flogging a dead horse Smudge? NOBODY will join you for your protest on March 10th. They will either be in Manchester, or abroad, or washing their hair, or they''ll quietly go to the game disguised as a Deliarite. But whatever they''ll be back here on the 11th bleating about all the other fans who do nothing.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="CT the Jarrold king"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Have you ever felt like your flogging a dead horse Smudge? NOBODY will join you for your protest on March 10th. They will either be in Manchester, or abroad, or washing their hair, or they''ll quietly go to the game disguised as a Deliarite. But whatever they''ll be back here on the 11th bleating about all the other fans who do nothing.

[/quote]

Flogging a dead horse... pi$$ing in the wind Olympic Champion (according to Cluck)...

Absolutely spot on Nutty, you and I both know it... [;)]

This is what angers me -  All the fans who whinge on here but don''t ever act to change things and all the fans who claim that they are sitting on the fance or who play for more time not to act while things go from bad to worse.

I may be a FOOL... but at least I am a FOOL who can act on what he thinks and doesn''t sit there watching life pass him by while I sit there wondering if I may of been able to do something to change events.

If I am flogging a dead horse I can always sit there supping my [B] whip in hand (as I do after most games), knowing that at least I have tried and that I have also made the offer to hold the hands of some of the those who appear to be a little too shy to act on their own... [;)]