Sign in to follow this  
Things are looking up

Receivership!

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

I`m sure Delia would have got plenty of good publicity had PC`s money got us promoted.  Of course had it gone t*ts up i accept things might have been a tad complicated- but i`d much rather they`d given it a go.

Whilst i accept Purples point that the idea of a "hostile takeover" doesn`t really apply to an unlisted plc, i think that a formal offer from PC which he knew would not be accepted by D+M, but would have to be circulated to shareholders, would be seen as just that- particularly if a few of the bigger minor shareholders came out in support of PC.  Despite their position of total power i do think that had their been overwhelming public support for PC their position would have been untenable.  I find it amazing that there is so much hostility towards PC when he chose not to go down this route.

[/quote]On the other hand, perhaps he was worried that his offer might have been seen as derisory.I''m not saying it was, just a possibility.

[/quote]

There are an awful lot of possibilities given we don`t really know the inside story......

But if that was the case, why not just come out and tell us?  Propoganda battle won in one statement.  Unless of course the offer was exactly what Delia said the fans would not forgive her for turning down......? [^o)]

[/quote]Not really. What would you do if you were selling, for example, your nice Georgian linen press for £1200 & somebody offered you £50? Would you go public with that offer?You''d probably feel insulted & the vast majority would consider it a derisory offer. But one or two (the sort who post on message boards) would say you should have snatched their hand off .......

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

I`m sure Delia would have got plenty of good publicity had PC`s money got us promoted.  Of course had it gone t*ts up i accept things might have been a tad complicated- but i`d much rather they`d given it a go.

Whilst i accept Purples point that the idea of a "hostile takeover" doesn`t really apply to an unlisted plc, i think that a formal offer from PC which he knew would not be accepted by D+M, but would have to be circulated to shareholders, would be seen as just that- particularly if a few of the bigger minor shareholders came out in support of PC.  Despite their position of total power i do think that had their been overwhelming public support for PC their position would have been untenable.  I find it amazing that there is so much hostility towards PC when he chose not to go down this route.

[/quote]

On the other hand, perhaps he was worried that his offer might have been seen as derisory.

I''m not saying it was, just a possibility.

[/quote]

There are an awful lot of possibilities given we don`t really know the inside story......

But if that was the case, why not just come out and tell us?  Propoganda battle won in one statement.  Unless of course the offer was exactly what Delia said the fans would not forgive her for turning down......? [^o)]

[/quote]

That''s a little better Mr. Carrow. On your second point, people who own football clubs ( not just Norwich City owners ) have more than enough to cope with just keeping things turning over. Most of them realise getting involved with propoganda battles in the media is a no-win situation, whether that battle is with POTENTIAL suitors or unhappy fans.