Sign in to follow this  
Things are looking up

Receivership!

[quote user="jbghost"]

There is no chance of us going into administration. We have no debt we cannot service comfortably. All debt apart from money rcently loaned by Delia is long term debt being paid back to financial institutions over several years.  We could service the next 12 months paymnets comfortably by selling Marshall.

The only person who could cause a ripple or two in the boardrom is Delia herself if she suddenly decides she wants her short term loan money back.

[/quote]

I''d be careful with such blind optimism if I were you! If we can service our liabilities so ''comfortbaly'' then how come we are losing several thousands of £''s per week? It''s not just paying the intertest on those loans which, I agree, are not a major part of our day to day expenditure but rather it''s the perilous stateof our balance sheet overall with ''staff costs'' being the most significant factor.  Sure we can keep paying the interest to RBS and AXA etc. but ONLY if savage cuts are made to staff costs and other overheads. If that does''nt happen then we WILL go into administration. Not necessarily tomorrow, next week or next month. You CAN''T keep spending more than you earn, surely we have all learned that by now with the Credit Crunch! 

[quote user="singing canary"]

i cant see them throwing in the towel when the club is still worth a few million .

a couple of wins would pull us away from that .

if anything they would just sell the club on the cheap .

why after a couple of games , when we have 12 games left thats 36 points to play for .

[/quote]

The top creditors get preference - in your case that would be the bank loans, one assumes, and other trading creditors.  They take complete preference over all the shareholders.  Company law requires the directors of any company even *fearing* administration to make the creditors their priority.  Shareholders count for nothing in these circumstances - it is quite common for the creditors to get a share of whatever proceeds there are while the shareholders do not get a penny.  The directors are required by law to do this and face civil penalties or even criminal prosecution (in extreme cases)  if they do not.  Mr Doncaster, being legally qualified, will be quite clear as to what the Company responsibilities are in this matter.

The first duty of any administrator is to prepare a report saying whether or not the directors have taken proper steps under Company Law to protect the creditors.  He is required by law to prepare this report.

Personally I cannot imagine Delia and Co walking away from the club just to spite someone.  Whatever her failings as a football director I do not believe for one moment that she would do such a thing.

Mr Doncaster tells us that you are up to date with your payments to HMRC which is more than many clubs are in your Division and elsewhere - a number owe millions and quite where this  is coming from.  It is somewhat ironic I think that you possibly have less money for players than other clubs who have ignored their tax payments and spent the money on the field. 

I don''t have access to any Norwich City secrets but I don''t believe you are anywhere near Administration and even if you were unfortunate enough to be relegated I still don''t believe that it would result in that.

Southampton are in far more desperate straits, Watford aren''t too healthy and Charlton look as if they might have to visit League One - and their debt is around £40m.  A consortium did  make a formal offer but after examing the Charlton books  they have not been seen since.

On another thread someone suggested that Mr Cullum had pulled out because he was not allowed to examine the Norwich City "books".  The boring rules, as I understand, are quite clear.  Once he has acquired 30 per cent of the current shares he has to convert that into a formal offer and he can then legally inspect the books and call in his own experts to do so.  Until that stage is reached he cannot - otherwise companies would look at  rival company accounts all the time which is clearly nonsense.  The rule of put up or shut up as I call it.  Try looking at the Towergate books without making an offer for his Company!

A company making a so called "hostile bid" (acquiring shares on the stealth to keep it simple) is NOT entitled to see the company books at any time.  That''s why hostile bids are fairly rare - if there is anything nasty in the cupboards you won''t find out until you have bought it.[+o(]

If Mr Cullum had been serious about taking over Norwich City PLC he could have made a formal offer (however derisory) for the shares of Delia and Michael and it would then have become a matter of public debate in which the fans might or might not have played a part.  He did not make any formal offer. He could have done so.  You cannot acquire a controlling interest in a PLC company under the City Code without doing so and signing a formal agreement, and providing Guarantees, that you are able to repay any existing loan agreements that you have or any payments that become immediately repayable (not just a promise - the money actually has to change hands) - the Turners are in for a couple of million I believe - on a change of Ownership.

I have a Business Overdraft Agreement with the Nat West.  If I were to sell the business the loan becomes immediately repayable - it would NOT be an agreement I could transfer to anyone else.  The purchaser might take out exactly the same Agreement with exactly the same bank after he had purchased it but the Nat West would want the original money back first and then (or not) strike the same agreement on the same terms with a different name.

This isn''t John or Abdul at the corner shop in Costessey doing a private cash deal and you turning up on Monday morning wondering who John or Abdul is with "Under New Management" (hopefully printed by one of Smudger''s printers) on the window.

It is a PLC.  If he had really wanted it he could have battled for it. 

For whatever reason he chose not to do so but I would be quite surprised if he was taken aback by the Corporate Might of Delia, Michael and Neil Doncaster.  And at least some members of your Board met him face to face but he will not disclose who.

It must be said that neither Mr C or Delia will be interviewed on this by a national newspaper where, I believe, they might have been the subject of more searching questions than currently directed at either locally.  I believe he confined his "exclusive" (if not sensational) revelations to the EDP for a reason but that''s just me being cynical.  He could have taken on Delia nationally if he had wanted to do so.  We gave both the opportunity: both declined.  Why we cannot say!

Personally, I am deeply suspicious of anyone (not aimed specifically at Cullum) conducting negotiations for a PLC through a newspaper.  Hints can be dropped yes but not gloves thrown down.

Anyway, that''s just me.  We''ve got a LONG list of questions we''d like to ask both but neither are in the mood, apparently. In fairness, both may be distracted.

That''s it I think.  I have word limit 2750 to write about The Tsar''s Bride by the great Nikolay Andreyovich Rimsky-Korsakov (1844-1908) for the programme notes in Osnabruck in June of this year.

"We are most interested in the origins of Russian culture and if your notes can reflect the Russian influences in this score it would be particularly appropriate and most welcome."

Game on! Which, at the moment, does not appear to be the case between Towergate and Norwich City PLC.

I doubt you are on the verge of administration, although with the current credit ''crunch'' it is quite difficult to foresee what pressure the financial institutions are putting on the credit currently with NCFC.  I suspect there is alot more pressure for the debt to be reduced or terms to be renegotiated, than there was a year ago, which has nothing to do with the situation of the club, but all to do with the banking industry right now.  Another point to make is that administration is as much, if not more, to do with cash flow than losses - you have to have enough cash - i.e. in the overdraft facility - to meet any debts due.  If you cannot service the debt and have enough cash to operate then you are trading insolvently which is illegal and you have to call in administrators. By the way, this is what happened with ITFC - nothing to do with pressure from local traders as mentioned previously.  And should NCFC go into administration - which I''m sure Delia will try to prevent if at all possible (so I suspect it won''t happen), then for sure you will take local companies for money as all businesses operate on credit which for cash flow reasons is stretched to maximumise interest free credit at the best of times, and as everything gets frozen at the point of administration, then these suppliers will not get paid their monies due even in a normal credit period of something like 60-70 days from invoice.

The only reason I can see that Delia would take you into administration is if she cannot (or does not want to) inject more cash to allow trading to continue - if that is even necessary - or that there is a real possibility in the near future that there is no alternative (by which I mean hugely reduced funds through relgation which in turn could could result in the cash crisis or even an activation of break clauses in the financial agreements), in which case the last possible day before March deadline is better than after as otherwise you limit the chances of success in the next couple of seasons and the medium / long term potential.

No doubt all the scenarios are being played out right now - as I''m sure they are at many other clubs!

I hope you find this post a constructive view.  Even being a ''scummer'' I don''t want to see you religated, in fact I''d like to see both clubs in the premiership - providing we are doing better than you of course!! - as the region needs it.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="singing canary"]

i cant see them throwing in the towel when the club is still worth a few million .

why after a couple of games , when we have 12 games left thats 36 points to play for .

[/quote]

The top creditors get preference - in your case that would be the bank loans, one assumes, and other trading creditors.  They take complete preference over all the shareholders.  Company law requires the directors of any company even *fearing* administration to make the creditors their priority.  Shareholders count for nothing in these circumstances - it is quite common for the creditors to get a share of whatever proceeds there are while the shareholders do not get a penny.  The directors are required by law to do this and face civil penalties or even criminal prosecution (in extreme cases)  if they do not.  Mr Doncaster, being legally qualified, will be quite clear as to what the Company responsibilities are in this matter.

The first duty of any administrator is to prepare a report saying whether or not the directors have taken proper steps under Company Law to protect the creditors.  He is required by law to prepare this report.

Personally I cannot imagine Delia and Co walking away from the club just to spite someone.  Whatever her failings as a football director I do not believe for one moment that she would do such a thing.

Mr Doncaster tells us that you are up to date with your payments to HMRC which is more than many clubs are in your Division and elsewhere - a number owe millions and quite where this  is coming from.  It is somewhat ironic I think that you possibly have less money for players than other clubs who have ignored their tax payments and spent the money on the field. 

I don''t have access to any Norwich City secrets but I don''t believe you are anywhere near Administration and even if you were unfortunate enough to be relegated I still don''t believe that it would result in that.

Southampton are in far more desperate straits, Watford aren''t too healthy and Charlton look as if they might have to visit League One - and their debt is around £40m.  A consortium did  make a formal offer but after examing the Charlton books  they have not been seen since.

On another thread someone suggested that Mr Cullum had pulled out because he was not allowed to examine the Norwich City "books".  The boring rules, as I understand, are quite clear.  Once he has acquired 30 per cent of the current shares he has to convert that into a formal offer and he can then legally inspect the books and call in his own experts to do so.  Until that stage is reached he cannot - otherwise companies would look at  rival company accounts all the time which is clearly nonsense.  The rule of put up or shut up as I call it.  Try looking at the Towergate books without making an offer for his Company!

A company making a so called "hostile bid" (acquiring shares on the stealth to keep it simple) is NOT entitled to see the company books at any time.  That''s why hostile bids are fairly rare - if there is anything nasty in the cupboards you won''t find out until you have bought it.[+o(]

If Mr Cullum had been serious about taking over Norwich City PLC he could have made a formal offer (however derisory) for the shares of Delia and Michael and it would then have become a matter of public debate in which the fans might or might not have played a part.  He did not make any formal offer. He could have done so.  You cannot acquire a controlling interest in a PLC company under the City Code without doing so and signing a formal agreement, and providing Guarantees, that you are able to repay any existing loan agreements that you have or any payments that become immediately repayable (not just a promise - the money actually has to change hands) - the Turners are in for a couple of million I believe - on a change of Ownership.

I have a Business Overdraft Agreement with the Nat West.  If I were to sell the business the loan becomes immediately repayable - it would NOT be an agreement I could transfer to anyone else.  The purchaser might take out exactly the same Agreement with exactly the same bank after he had purchased it but the Nat West would want the original money back first and then (or not) strike the same agreement on the same terms with a different name.

This isn''t John or Abdul at the corner shop in Costessey doing a private cash deal and you turning up on Monday morning wondering who John or Abdul is with "Under New Management" (hopefully printed by one of Smudger''s printers) on the window.

For whatever reason he chose not to do so but I would be quite surprised if he was taken aback by the Corporate Might of Delia, Michael and Neil Doncaster.  And at least some members of your Board met him face to face but he will not disclose who.

It must be said that neither Mr C or Delia will be interviewed on this by a national newspaper where, I believe, they might have been the subject of more searching questions than currently directed at either locally.  I believe he confined his "exclusive" (if not sensational) revelations to the EDP for a reason but that''s just me being cynical.  He could have taken on Delia nationally if he had wanted to do so.  We gave both the opportunity: both declined.  Why we cannot say!

Personally, I am deeply suspicious of anyone (not aimed specifically at Cullum) conducting negotiations for a PLC through a newspaper.  Hints can be dropped yes but not gloves thrown down.

Anyway, that''s just me.  We''ve got a LONG list of questions we''d like to ask both but neither are in the mood, apparently. In fairness, both may be distracted.

That''s it I think.  I have word limit 2750 to write about The Tsar''s Bride by the great Nikolay Andreyovich Rimsky-Korsakov (1844-1908) for the programme notes in Osnabruck in June of this year.

"We are most interested in the origins of Russian culture and if your notes can reflect the Russian influences in this score it would be particularly appropriate and most welcome."

Game on! Which, at the moment, does not appear to be the case between Towergate and Norwich City PLC.

[/quote]

Cam, how dare you state facts! Please stick to half truths, selective interpretations and stubborn refusal to see reality like everyone else on here.[;)]

A couple of interesting views from "outsiders" [;)] . Would it not be ironic (sickening)  if we get relegated and some of our rivals in the relegation battle stay up only to be doomed to certain relegation next season by way of a points deduction. All because we played by the rules.

[quote user="Blue"]

I doubt you are on the verge of administration, although with the current credit ''crunch'' it is quite difficult to foresee what pressure the financial institutions are putting on the credit currently with NCFC.  I suspect there is alot more pressure for the debt to be reduced or terms to be renegotiated, than there was a year ago, which has nothing to do with the situation of the club, but all to do with the banking industry right now.  Another point to make is that administration is as much, if not more, to do with cash flow than losses - you have to have enough cash - i.e. in the overdraft facility - to meet any debts due.  If you cannot service the debt and have enough cash to operate then you are trading insolvently which is illegal and you have to call in administrators. By the way, this is what happened with ITFC - nothing to do with pressure from local traders as mentioned previously.  And should NCFC go into administration - which I''m sure Delia will try to prevent if at all possible (so I suspect it won''t happen), then for sure you will take local companies for money as all businesses operate on credit which for cash flow reasons is stretched to maximumise interest free credit at the best of times, and as everything gets frozen at the point of administration, then these suppliers will not get paid their monies due even in a normal credit period of something like 60-70 days from invoice.

The only reason I can see that Delia would take you into administration is if she cannot (or does not want to) inject more cash to allow trading to continue - if that is even necessary - or that there is a real possibility in the near future that there is no alternative (by which I mean hugely reduced funds through relgation which in turn could could result in the cash crisis or even an activation of break clauses in the financial agreements), in which case the last possible day before March deadline is better than after as otherwise you limit the chances of success in the next couple of seasons and the medium / long term potential.

No doubt all the scenarios are being played out right now - as I''m sure they are at many other clubs!

I hope you find this post a constructive view.  Even being a ''scummer'' I don''t want to see you religated, in fact I''d like to see both clubs in the premiership - providing we are doing better than you of course!! - as the region needs it.

[/quote]

Thanks for that, you''ve put things in a way that all of us can understand.  Regardless of who you support, your comments are appreciated, by me [:)]

If I am being totally honest (which I am always) I think you have more chance of the Prem than us in the near future.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="singing canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Cam, how dare you state facts! Please stick to half truths, selective interpretations and stubborn refusal to see reality like everyone else on here.[;)]

[/quote]

<<coff>> not all[;)][:D]

Agreed Beau, Cams post is good and generally factual.  But how relevant those facts are entirely depends on your personal take on what we know of "Cullumgate".  Delia stated that she "didn`t need money for her shares", PC stated that he wanted an overall majority by investing £20 via new shares, he also stated that he wouldn`t "go in there banging heads together" and that he wanted D and M to stay on as "figureheads".  An approach of this kind (essentially a friendly takeover) can only happen if the current majority shareholders agree to it, call an EGM to vote it through and allow the investor access to the books.  Cams post is based on a very prevalent assumption that PC`s approach was "hostile" when all the evidence suggests otherwise.

Offering to buy "some stock" in return for the company is friendly is it?

Offering to then let them stay "as figureheads" only is friendly.

Don''t think I would want a friend like that.

If interested he should have "done the deal properly and honouably". I can''t see either in this case.

Just wanted a club to match his mates is more to the truth.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Agreed Beau, Cams post is good and generally factual.  But how relevant those facts are entirely depends on your personal take on what we know of "Cullumgate".  Delia stated that she "didn`t need money for her shares", PC stated that he wanted an overall majority by investing £20 via new shares, he also stated that he wouldn`t "go in there banging heads together" and that he wanted D and M to stay on as "figureheads".  An approach of this kind (essentially a friendly takeover) can only happen if the current majority shareholders agree to it, call an EGM to vote it through and allow the investor access to the books.  Cams post is based on a very prevalent assumption that PC`s approach was "hostile" when all the evidence suggests otherwise.[/quote]

Fair point Mr C. None of us knows, nor probably will ever know, exactly what went on, because neither of the two parties who do have all the facts will talk, as  Cam points out.

[quote user="The Butler"]

If interested he should have "done the deal properly and honouably". I can''t see either in this case.

[/quote]

So how was PC`s proposal any different to what D and M had explicitly asked for, ie. money for players rather than for their shares?  And if he was that much of an egotist, why allow someone else to be the figurehead?  We would have still been seen as "delias club", we would just have been far better funded.

Without getting back into Cullumgate, the term "hostile takeover" isn''t really appropriate here. It normally applies to listed companies, where a corporate raider can manipulate the share price to engineer a takeover despite the opposition of the owners.Generally speaking, in the case of a non-listed company, unless it is in such dire straits that it is effectively forced to sell up, the only way in which someone can buy a company is by convincing the current owners that their plan for the future is a good one and that they have the financial resources to implement it.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

So how was PC`s proposal any different to what D and M had explicitly asked for, ie. money for players rather than for their shares?  And if he was that much of an egotist, why allow someone else to be the figurehead?  We would have still been seen as "delias club", we would just have been far better funded.

[/quote]

Who takes the bow at the puppet theatre the dolls or.........

One thing to ask for investment another to give away all theirs.

They do need to go but Cullum''s supposed "offer" was not the way forward. If the money had been on the table with "no strings" then that''s another matter.

On the other hand I would not let this lot near any money of mine!

So the best answer would be/have been to buy the club in the proper manner let them retire gracefully and then...............

Mr. Cullum is not going to do that particulaly at this point in economic time.

Can we not now move on from him and find another fantasy figure?

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

They do need to go but Cullum''s supposed "offer" was not the way forward. If the money had been on the table with "no strings" then that''s another matter.

So the best answer would be/have been to buy the club in the proper manner let them retire gracefully and then...............

[/quote]

Moist von Lipwig would be the obvious choice. Look what he''s achieved in Ankh-Morpork!

By the way Butler, glad to see you''ve moved on from the whole "whose idea was the sweeper system" issue. That bitterness can eat you up, you know![:D][:P][;)]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Moist von Lipwig would be the obvious choice. Look what he''s achieved in Ankh-Morpork!

By the way Butler, glad to see you''ve moved on from the whole "whose idea was the sweeper system" issue. That bitterness can eat you up, you know![:D][:P][;)]

[/quote]

I''m a fan of Pratchett so have got used to plagarism[:D] I don''t mind you taking all the credit I am sure in your heart you know the truth[;)]

We could get Gunny a gold suit but would he find the hidden money for transfers? Better still how about the Patrician for manager?

[quote user="The Butler"]

I''m a fan of Pratchett so have got used to plagarism[:D] I don''t mind you taking all the credit I am sure in your heart you know the truth[;)]

We could get Gunny a gold suit but would he find the hidden money for transfers? Better still how about the Patrician for manager?

[/quote]

Surely Vetinari is the man for Doomy''s job? Sam Vimes for manager and Adora Belle Dearheart as chairwoman. She could also double as Chippy''s smoking partner! I''d also put Corporal Nobbs in the centre of defence to repel (quite literally) opposing forwards![:D]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Totally agree regarding von Lipwig. If you can get the Post Office and the Banks working properly then surely a provincial football club with excellent support and a proud history can''t be too much of a challenge. Would we then have to send Doncaster to Ankh Morpork in return?

[quote user="Canary02 III"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Totally agree regarding von Lipwig. If you can get the Post Office and the Banks working properly then surely a provincial football club with excellent support and a proud history can''t be too much of a challenge. Would we then have to send Doncaster to Ankh Morpork in return?

[/quote]

I think that''s one for the assasins guild[;)]

Detritus up front and Granny Weatherwax as Physio with Nanny Ogg looking after the footballers diets. All taken from the joy of snacks.

Now just were can we fit Cohen the barbarian and the silver hoarde in?

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I`m sure Delia would have got plenty of good publicity had PC`s money got us promoted.  Of course had it gone t*ts up i accept things might have been a tad complicated- but i`d much rather they`d given it a go.

Whilst i accept Purples point that the idea of a "hostile takeover" doesn`t really apply to an unlisted plc, i think that a formal offer from PC which he knew would not be accepted by D+M, but would have to be circulated to shareholders, would be seen as just that- particularly if a few of the bigger minor shareholders came out in support of PC.  Despite their position of total power i do think that had their been overwhelming public support for PC their position would have been untenable.  I find it amazing that there is so much hostility towards PC when he chose not to go down this route.

[quote user="Blue"]

[/quote]

wow, a nice and intelligent person from ipswich!! who would have thought!

Just a couple of minor points:1) When a football club goes into administration it''s not the tax man who gets first bite of the cherry - it''s actually football creditors (players wages/outstanding payments to other clubs etc). Football once again flies in the face of normal business behaviour in this respect.We are nowhere near administration unless Delia decides she''s spent long enough dans le bain and pulls the proverbial plug. Then, who knows, there''s certainly NO-ONE with the funds needed to finance the club in the background or anywhere else for that matter. That''s the main (and initial) reason why Cullum isn''t our lord and master - he had his eyes opened to what it really costs to run a football club over and above what the fans pop into the pot.2) Isn''t Adam Crozier Moist? [;)]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

I`m sure Delia would have got plenty of good publicity had PC`s money got us promoted.  Of course had it gone t*ts up i accept things might have been a tad complicated- but i`d much rather they`d given it a go.

Whilst i accept Purples point that the idea of a "hostile takeover" doesn`t really apply to an unlisted plc, i think that a formal offer from PC which he knew would not be accepted by D+M, but would have to be circulated to shareholders, would be seen as just that- particularly if a few of the bigger minor shareholders came out in support of PC.  Despite their position of total power i do think that had their been overwhelming public support for PC their position would have been untenable.  I find it amazing that there is so much hostility towards PC when he chose not to go down this route.

[/quote]On the other hand, perhaps he was worried that his offer might have been seen as derisory.I''m not saying it was, just a possibility.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Perhaps we all wanted him to?

At the time I think he would have got a lot of support and DS could have still left "in tact" so to speak.

Now a lot of fans dreams lie in tatters and perhaps some of this can be laid at PC''s door.  To build up hopes to have them shattered is worse than not to have had the dream to start with. Archant must accept some responsabilty as must Delia for her open mouth unthinking statements.

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

On the other hand, perhaps he was worried that his offer might have been seen as derisory.

I''m not saying it was, just a possibility.

[/quote]

Seeing that he did not offer a single penny for any shares the offer was a hell of a lot worse than derisory.

[quote user="All The Answers"]Just a couple of minor points:

1) When a football club goes into administration it''s not the tax man who gets first bite of the cherry - it''s actually football creditors (players wages/outstanding payments to other clubs etc). Football once again flies in the face of normal business behaviour in this respect.

We are nowhere near administration unless Delia decides she''s spent long enough dans le bain and pulls the proverbial plug. Then, who knows, there''s certainly NO-ONE with the funds needed to finance the club in the background or anywhere else for that matter. That''s the main (and initial) reason why Cullum isn''t our lord and master - he had his eyes opened to what it really costs to run a football club over and above what the fans pop into the pot.

2) Isn''t Adam Crozier Moist? [;)]

[/quote]

The tax man stopped being a preferential creditor about 5 years ago he must wait in line now like all the others. Unless of course you know different.

[quote user="All The Answers"]Just a couple of minor points:

1) When a football club goes into administration it''s not the tax man who gets first bite of the cherry - it''s actually football creditors (players wages/outstanding payments to other clubs etc). Football once again flies in the face of normal business behaviour in this respect.

We are nowhere near administration unless Delia decides she''s spent long enough dans le bain and pulls the proverbial plug. Then, who knows, there''s certainly NO-ONE with the funds needed to finance the club in the background or anywhere else for that matter. That''s the main (and initial) reason why Cullum isn''t our lord and master - he had his eyes opened to what it really costs to run a football club over and above what the fans pop into the pot.

2) Isn''t Adam Crozier Moist? [;)]

Only if you get him excited.............I''ll get my coat!

[/quote]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]I find it amazing that there is so much hostility towards PC when he chose not to go down this route.[/quote]

[quote user="The Butler"]Perhaps we all wanted him to?

At the time I think he would have got a lot of support and DS could have still left "in tact" so to speak.

Now a lot of fans dreams lie in tatters and perhaps some of this can be laid at PC''s door.  To build up hopes to have them shattered is worse than not to have had the dream to start with. Archant must accept some responsabilty as must Delia for her open mouth unthinking statements.[/quote]

To quote the sadly-missed James, and their anthemic single "Sit down",[quote user="James"]If I hadn''t seen such riches, I could live with being poor…"[/quote]

That''s where the feelings of animosity towards Big Pete come from… he raised our expectations and then dashed them, just when we all thought our dream was coming true! I have to say that I feel the same towards Delia and Archant, as they all played their part, albeit Archant used the biggest spoon!

[/quote]

On the other hand, perhaps he was worried that his offer might have been seen as derisory.

[/quote]

To any other reader of posts that truly attempt to be objective as they digest information which of the above two writers appears to be engaged in spin and which is more balanced in their view. It''s not a tough question, is it?

[/quote]

[/quote]

There are an awful lot of possibilities given we don`t really know the inside story......

But if that was the case, why not just come out and tell us?  Propoganda battle won in one statement.  Unless of course the offer was exactly what Delia said the fans would not forgive her for turning down......? [^o)]