Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

This business of trading down.

In the third division we''d have to trade down and maybe shrink the playing staff. Pay fewer and cheaper. Of course, given the state of the economy and the job market we could innovate and go in for job-sharing - you know, contract each goalkeeper to play half a game a week - so in busy weeks with two matches we could give employment to four goalkeepers. And so on. Wouldn''t dear Gordon Brown be happy - although I suggest we baulk at any suggestion from him to introduce the gay gordons for half-time dance entertainment (got to anticipate these days; crucial!!!).

Taking these thoughts a step further would lead to the logical conclusion that we would also need a low power chief executive rather than our current High Power version. Maybe we could get away with 90,000 instead of 180,000 per annum? I''d be available for that on a rolling one year contract provided that they would throw in a modest Honda Accord (Japanese version, leather seats) and a nice little shopper for the missus. They''d have to pay me extra, however, to stand in Carrow Road after matches and gladhand the sheep and the angry - but there''d be no responding to punters emails, no way.  

Trading down won''t be easy, now will it folks? No sir!(/madam).

But never mind, Delia and Wynny will be there to stand shoulder to shoulder with us on those draughty old terraces and share a half-time cuppa with us community representatives. Not sure about Roger though - those terraces are infamous open spaces............... [:''(]

Dear oh dear. Oh dear! Better we strive to survive - even if we have to put up with Neil for a while more until he ascends to the FA (and makes it to London Town).

Ah well. Life.

[B]

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

But never mind, Delia and Wynny will be there to stand shoulder to shoulder with us on those draughty old terraces and share a half-time cuppa with us community representatives. Not sure about Roger though - those terraces are infamous open spaces............... [:''(]

Dear oh dear. Oh dear! Better we strive to survive - even if we have to put up with Neil for a while more until he ascends to the FA (and makes it to London Town).

Ah well. Life.

[B]

OTBC

[/quote]

Which games have you pencilled in to go to then Bly? Hope your behind me giving it your best ARP Warden Hodges[:O]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

But never mind, Delia and Wynny will be there to stand shoulder to shoulder with us on those draughty old terraces and share a half-time cuppa with us community representatives. Not sure about Roger though - those terraces are infamous public   spaces.............. [:''(]

Ah well. Life.

[B]

OTBC

[/quote]

Which games have you pencilled in to go to then Bly? Hope your behind me giving it your best ARP Warden Hodges[:O]

[/quote]

I should be there in May and again during September, nutty, so you can trace with your own pencil for May. September though............what manner of club now soaring in the Fourth Division might we be welcoming to Carrow Road?

Be assured, if you can organise it you will get my best Corporal Jones - although the logistics of fitting both me and Mrs Bly into one seat behind you may require the assistance of that black market fella - forget his name - you know the sort of spivvy one.

What do you think of my 90,000 plus offer??? I''d certainly sharpen their vision and raise the benchmarks. [:D]

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

But never mind, Delia and Wynny will be there to stand shoulder to shoulder with us on those draughty old terraces and share a half-time cuppa with us community representatives. Not sure about Roger though - those terraces are infamous public   spaces.............. [:''(]

Ah well. Life.

[B]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

I should be there in May and again during September, nutty, so you can trace with your own pencil for May. September though............what manner of club now soaring in the Fourth Division might we be welcoming to Carrow Road?

Be assured, if you can organise it you will get my best Corporal Jones - although the logistics of fitting both me and Mrs Bly into one seat behind you may require the assistance of that black market fella - forget his name - you know the sort of spivvy one.

What do you think of my 90,000 plus offer??? I''d certainly sharpen their vision and raise the benchmarks. [:D]

OTBC

[/quote]

You''d be better off in about row J or lower for home games. Your problem wouldn''t be cured by getting me to sit down. There''s a couple of Norfolk''s finest beside me, you could have a word with them I guess. Don''t let the youngsters be confused though - Corporal Jones had backbone and spirit. Hodges was the know all who blubbed and whined.

You mean Doncaster''s salary..... Phew!! I thought for a minute you''d offered to buy the club and I wouldn''t think too much to that! Talk about out of the frying pan and into the fire! We need owners who know about football and Norwich City. An Arthur South but loaded would be ideal. I know little about Chief Execs and their salaries. I guess I could learn if I was inclined to do so but I have always found that for information to stick there has to be an interest and to be honest.............. [|-)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Ah well. Life.

[B]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

You''d be better off in about row J or lower for home games. Your problem wouldn''t be cured by getting me to sit down. There''s a couple of Norfolk''s finest beside me, you could have a word with them I guess. Don''t let the youngsters be confused though - Corporal Jones had backbone and spirit. Hodges was the know all who blubbed and whined.

You mean Doncaster''s salary..... Phew!! I thought for a minute you''d offered to buy the club and I wouldn''t think too much to that! Talk about out of the frying pan and into the fire! We need owners who know about football and Norwich City. An Arthur South but loaded would be ideal. I know little about Chief Execs and their salaries. I guess I could learn if I was inclined to do so but I have always found that for information to stick there has to be an interest and to be honest.............. [|-)]

[/quote]

You mean Hodges the fawning, limp-wristed apologist?

Who the cap fits, I guess.

Me? I''m hardline. How about you?[:-*]

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Ah well. Life.

[B]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

Hardline? Random more like. You''re just another one on here who enjoys the sideshows but is either unwilling or unable to interact with others about the main event.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Ah well. Life.

[B]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

Hardline? Random more like. You''re just another one on here who enjoys the sideshows but is either unwilling or unable to interact with others about the main event.

[/quote]

Now you''re sounding just like teachers pet, nutty.[:''(]

Lighten up.

OTBC

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Ah well. Life.

[B]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s because the ''main event'' isn''t the football......It''s having a lovely day out - regardless of the result......

"Stupid Boy!"