Sign in to follow this  
treacletown07

David Bell

You''d hope that a clause was put in when he left saying that he can''t play us this season, but you never know; one thing is for sure though, if he plays we will see some decent crosses put into the box at one end of the pitch, but unfortunately it will be ours.

[quote user="Philipo87"]Im pretty sure in a permenant contract you are not allowed to put such clauses in them!![/quote]

correct

Loan signings are banned

Correct me if i''m wrong but I thought when Mckenzie went to cov on a permanent deal we put a clause in and the first season he didnt play in either game (home or away)?

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[quote user="Philipo87"]Im pretty sure in a permenant contract you are not allowed to put such clauses in them!![/quote]

correct

Loan signings are banned

[/quote]Not correct.You can put anything you like in a contract, just as long as it doesn''t break the law - they are called ''Terms & Conditions'' and this is quite a common one for football.  Having said that, I have no knowledge of whether this has been included in the Bell transfer.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]He''ll create at least one goal, I bet.[/quote]According to the NCFC site, Bell still has the highest number of "assists" with 7 - despite being out of the team quite a bit. We didn''t see the best of him - am convinced he''s quality. I see Carney and Lappin as being able to put in a good cross - as opposed to a high, hopeful punt - but neither look like becoming permanent features of the current team at the moment. I am sure Crook of all people will appreciate the need to sort it. (Btw - having seen the Cureton goal again on TV, Fotheringham''s cross looked rather like a miscue. Am I being unfair?).

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]bell doesn''t figure in the coventry squad tonight...
[/quote]

Is he injured again, or are they "saving" him for us?

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]bell doesn''t figure in the coventry squad tonight...[/quote]

[/quote]prefer he''s injued futures - and yeah again on sat too!!!

Living so close to Coventry I can tell you that he has been playing quite well. Used both on the left and right wing. The supporters are rating him quite highly and has both a good right and left foot cross.

Hes not playing tonight as he''s cup tied. Remember we were once in the FA Cup.

Believe he is meant to be in the squad for Saturday.

Talking to a few of the Cov supporters they are more interested in tonight with the prospect of playing Chelsea a week later on TV. The Norwich game is just a hinderance. Lets up thats the case on Saturday.

[quote user="ThePetty"]

Living so close to Coventry I can tell you that he has been playing quite well. Used both on the left and right wing. The supporters are rating him quite highly and has both a good right and left foot cross.

Hes not playing tonight as he''s cup tied. Remember we were once in the FA Cup.

Believe he is meant to be in the squad for Saturday.

Talking to a few of the Cov supporters they are more interested in tonight with the prospect of playing Chelsea a week later on TV. The Norwich game is just a hinderance. Lets up thats the case on Saturday.

Thanks, not surprised to hear he is well rated, we need to get stuck into him early if he is  playing on Saturday as he doent like it "up him" , oh, just remembered, we dont do that sort of thing at "nice litte ole Narwich"

[/quote]

[quote user="Binky"][quote user="Mister Chops"]He''ll create at least one goal, I bet.[/quote]According to the NCFC site, Bell still has the highest number of "assists" with 7 - despite being out of the team quite a bit. We didn''t see the best of him - am convinced he''s quality. I see Carney and Lappin as being able to put in a good cross - as opposed to a high, hopeful punt - but neither look like becoming permanent features of the current team at the moment. I am sure Crook of all people will appreciate the need to sort it. (Btw - having seen the Cureton goal again on TV, Fotheringham''s cross looked rather like a miscue. Am I being unfair?).[/quote]Completely agree, selling Bell was almost as stupid as getting rid of Lupoli.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Binky"][quote user="Mister Chops"]He''ll create at least one goal, I bet.

[/quote]

According to the NCFC site, Bell still has the highest number of "assists" with 7 - despite being out of the team quite a bit. We didn''t see the best of him - am convinced he''s quality. I see Carney and Lappin as being able to put in a good cross - as opposed to a high, hopeful punt - but neither look like becoming permanent features of the current team at the moment. I am sure Crook of all people will appreciate the need to sort it. (Btw - having seen the Cureton goal again on TV, Fotheringham''s cross looked rather like a miscue. Am I being unfair?).
[/quote]

Completely agree, selling Bell was almost as stupid as getting rid of Lupoli.
[/quote]

I''m convinced it was a short-sighted financial decision.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]bell doesn''t figure in the coventry squad tonight...[/quote]

[/quote]prefer he''s injued futures - and yeah again on sat too!!![/quote]Is he cup-tied? Can''t remember if he played any part for us against Charlton.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

[/quote]prefer he''s injued futures - and yeah again on sat too!!![/quote]Is he cup-tied? Can''t remember if he played any part for us against Charlton.[/quote]nah GH - just looked up the teams for both ties, and bell didn''t figure...