Sign in to follow this  
rainbow

OK! GO FOR IT

So Mr Mumby says that we "played well against Derby in the second half, without the loanees" No doubt about that...What about the first half against Millwall when we won the game in the 1st half thanks to Hucks! Lets face it if this club has ambition we have to go for it now! We are in the best position to get into the prem than we have ever had. Portsmouth invested huge amounts in wages to get there & we can do the same on a comparative shoestring. Hucks wants to BE WITH THIS CLUB...He and Crouch(we can extend his loan) are crucial to us getting into the premiership. My message to the the board is: Show ambition. We have a great manager & will loose him if you dont maintain the pool of quality players that he has right now to choose from. Forget about bringing more loan players into the squad in december, its a crucial time & will affect the balance of the team. Extend the Crouch loan deal.....SIGN HUCKERBY NOW!!!!!........He only plays well where hes happy & hes happy with NCFC.

In a perfect world we would sign him tomorrow, crouchy for the season and we would win the league. But we all know the pit falls which I''m sure Mook will gladly point out for us.

It''s all about risk and are the board members willing to take them??

We can either follow Pompey, Charlton, Middlesborough, Birmingham or follow Bradford, Wimbledon, Derby, Ipswich, Oldham, Notts County, Leeds???

I know all I do is point out pitfalls, but all I can do is try and reflect this situation in to real life...

I have three kids, and a wife. I don''t earn much and I don''t have much savings - but if I get this beautiful four bedroom house in the golden triangle it''ll really show my family how much I love them. I already have a fairly nice house, but I''d really love something much bigger and better. Should I do it?

It shows my ambition to my family to give them everything they want, to make them more fulfilled, to show the rest of the family how well I''m doing and if house prices continue to rise then I MIGHT make a lot of money back.

So I will take out a loan to pay the deposit, then mortgage myself up to the eyeballs - cut back on all my spending on every other area of my life to be able to afford the repayments. If interest rates rise half a percent, then my mortgage repayments will be out of my price range.

Is showing my ambition worth it in this case? I can hardly afford it in the first place, do I want to sacrifice everything else I spend my cash on, beer, cd''s, clothes etc? I could lose EVERYTHING - then will my family be happy? Would anyone else take this risk with their own family?

Wouldn''t it be nice if we could buy Huckerby? But, what thought has gone into the posiibility of ''parity wages'' for the likes of Mulryne, McVeigh, and so on?
If we DO push the boat out and get Huckerby, what''s to say that Nigel Worthington isn''t going to have to face queues outside his office with players asking for their wages to be incresed in line with Hucks?
These MUST be the questions that are confronting the Board. It isn''t just a case of transfer fees and one mans wages.
And, if there should be no parity in wages, what will it look like when we get 10 transfer requests put in because of the wage cap that they have all had to live with for so long?
Some of our younger players will be on less than a grand a week. What message will they take if Hucks comes in on, say, 10 grand, when they have been told that the likes of Iwan have got by on less for years?
If (and it is a big IF) Hucks would be prepared to take about 8 grand, there might be light at the end of the tunnel. Thing is, will he take such a drop in wages to become a big fish in a little pond?

I surpose at the monet all the players are acknowleding the difference hucks and crouchy have made to the team but would they be so keen on a fultime basis.

Where you work, if there was somebody there who was more experianced, better qualified, more knowledge of the job, and got more work done than you, would you begrudge them a bigger salary????

I surpose its easy to say at the moment that they have had a uniting effect on the team but in the future will it cause divisions.

As you can tell I have plenty of splinters in my backside from sitting on this fence for so long!!

Good on ya "Mook" you''re not just a pessimist you''re a downright feet on the ground straight talker!! Well said .I say!!! You are definitely the Captain of my ship, you wont hit the Iceburg.

Nice analogy Mook but imagine you are brave enough to take a gamble, a calculated gamble, you tighten things up, pay your slightly bigger mortgage on your new, bigger house for the next 6 months , and guess what at the end of it? you get a massive pay rise - 3 times what you are earning now and to top that, your new house is now worth twice as much - all inside six months but it gets even better because every Saturday & sometimes on a Wednesday you get to hold a huge party, all your best mates are there, including me!! with my cheap bottle of red, we all admire your new house, your expansive new garden, your facilities for the youngsters, your new extension recently built, even your guests from out of town are full of admiration and praise.
The whole party reaches a crescendo with us all singing - ''For Mook''s a Jolly Good Fellow'' -
your wife and 3 kids look on with tears in their eyes, a good-looking, articulate, intelligent and well dressed chap at the back holding an empty bottle of red, Shouts - ''Thank the Lord for Mook,brave, brave Mook!!

Aaahhh I can see it all now!!

i am with you 100% rainbowchaser

let''s hope the board see what is in front of their noses and it doesn''t take another three or four games - how much more has the man got to do -

Beg? He wants to stay, we want him to stay (though some are wary of the financial implications)
But if he doesn''t stay, if we then slide down the table and have another disappointing season

what then for Worthy?

Where will we be without him, or Green, or Drury or a lot of fans?

We have spent many futile years praying and wishing. Let''s do something constructive, let''s signal our intentions to the rest of division one. We mean business. Buying Hucks is not going to bankrupt the club, we already have high earners, one of which will be out of contract at the end of the season.

Do we let this chance go, for the good of the club''s finances, so we don''t take a risk?

And is the risk of losing our best players, our manager not a bigger risk than signing a player who can help us take the final step to the premiership?

We will soon know

I just hope the board finally realise that we have the best chance we have ever had
we would be fools not to take it

Sign Huckerby now

There are no problems in signing Huckerby only solutions! If you let an accountant run your business he (or she i am not sexist but ours is a bloke) will find problems in your solutions! If Proton want to sponser the Hucks deal then that is the solution to the problem....So according to Mumby no individial or organisation can do this. it is quote "strewn with problems" with this mindset we will remain in the 1st division. We now have the our best chance of the premiership. the best team since we were in europe so lets go for it! We are the best team in this division with the best manager, one bad decision by a grey suited negative person could result in us missisng out on a golden oppurtunity. OTBC

Mook, Whats stopping you selling the house if the repayments are too large? i.e. we could sell Huckerby on if we do not get promoted at the end of the season.

love it meders lol

yeah, you are right about the fence

trouble is, i have never sat on one

and on more than one occasion got my fingers and arse burned

i don''t mean to offend anyone on here, we all have our own views and my thoughts are directed at a board who MUST take a chance

or we stand to lose so much, our best players, our manager (who at the start of the season i hadn''t much faith in to be honest).

We will lose Green, Drury and anyone else with more than the usual div one talent - we have to go for it, Worthy has signed hucks on a loan and given us this golden opportunity

if we don''t take it - then can any of you honestly say you want another ten years of this division, another rebuilding, another manager, and all that means.

I know it is a risk, what isn''t in life, all of football is - yes, there have been casualties - but also successes

we could be one of them. We will be top on Saturday, and who would have thought that in August.

Please sign Huckerby and take Crouch on a season long loan NCFC board!!!

Or we stand to lose a lot more than a fantastically gifted player.