Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

coventry playing in cup tonight...

this from the bbc foot site...
COVENTRY CITY

Current form

Unbeaten in four; won two and drawn two in all competitions since losing 2-1, away to Derby in the Championship on 31 January.

Failed to score in only one of the last 11 league and cup matches.

gulp...[:S]

but coventry played away to blackburn in the cup sat previous,,,and then away to burnley last tuesday nite - they then beat brum at home on sat - and now at home tonight in the cup against blackburn - before facing us...

i make that 4 high tempo games - and if we can get at them on sat - then we could make them play 5 high tempo games in 15 days!!!

thats a big ask - and i take us to have a real chance...but more belief and effort must come from the boys from the off - all we hear from the players/manager is ''each game is massive/a cup final/crucial/must win'' and so yeah - great - do your fudging talking on the pitch - cos on saturday - you''ve got a real gimme if you can give 110% and play like you mean to win...

simple as???

[quote user="ncfc1992bex"]yh hope goes 2 extra time and hope blackburn do well and get them moving so they are tired otbc[/quote]ha ha - yeah,,,extra time and then to lose on pens would surely weaken the sky blues morale and resolve...can''t some sheep be driven onto the a47 sat morning to slow the cov bus down lol???

Extra time with a few injuries would do us nicely.  I''ve always disliked Coventry so hope they lose, but there are probably +s and -s for us whether it is a win or defeat: if they win their minds will almost certainly be on the upcoming Chelsea game, if they lose they may feel that bit more knackered...

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

Extra time with a few injuries would do us nicely.  I''ve always disliked Coventry so hope they lose, but there are probably +s and -s for us whether it is a win or defeat: if they win their minds will almost certainly be on the upcoming Chelsea game, if they lose they may feel that bit more knackered...

[/quote]coventry winning - looks like they could have one eye on chelsea...and bound to underestimate little ole naaarwich!!!

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]swansea beating fulham away in the cup too - what a night for the champs...[/quote]

not  anymore mate, 2-1 fulham

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]swansea beating fulham away in the cup too - what a night for the champs...[/quote]

not  anymore mate, 2-1 fulham

[/quote]smart turn around by fulham,,,coventry will be up after their giantkilling act - and so will be vulnerable to narrwich if they don''t take us seriously - make no mistake,,,but the other side of the coin is they will be playing on adrenaline and so might not notice their tiredness so much than if they''d been turned over by rovers...but for sure - we have a decent chance,,,we must take it - i want to see 3 points on the board come 5pm sat...

Believe me we will not be taking it lightly, Coleman said, forget Chelsea next week we have two bigger games against Norwich and Sheffield United. I am the pessimist but we are playing superbly at the mo.

[quote user="Adam"]Believe me we will not be taking it lightly, Coleman said, forget Chelsea next week we have two bigger games against Norwich and Sheffield United. I am the pessimist but we are playing superbly at the mo.[/quote]

Coleman might have said that but might still be a few lads with an eye on the Chelsea game who don''t want to get a knock before it.

That said it shouldn''t make a difference, if our lads have any intention of staying up then they''ll take the 3 points on Saturday regardless of what Coventry bring.