Sign in to follow this  
Robert N. LiM

City 'til I die

Or is it "City ''til we let a lead slip"?

I know some will see this as a provocative post, but it''s really not meant to be. Most people on here seem to agree that the players lacked passion on Saturday,

Do you think the crowd did too? Has there just been too much misery over the last few seasons? Are we broken, resigning ourselves to the inevitable? Do we only get behind the team when they are playing well, and is that fair enough, or should we be singing our hearts out regardless of the anaemic rubbish on show in front of us?

I thought the atmosphere was really flat on Saturday, as if we are going down with barely a whimper. Thoughts?

Good  post Robert. Yes, I think that there is a certain fatalism about the crowd. It was very noticeable in the Southampton game, for example, with good response when they scored the first, but complete silence after the equaliser.

Sadly, I think that some sections of the crowd, like some sections of the team, lack the stomach for a fight. Good evidence of this is the stream of early exiters during the Bristol game.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]

43 people have looked at this post. No one has said anything. Bit like Carrow Road really....

[/quote]

Hahahahahahaah brilliant! well said

Crowd were pretty poor on Saturday. There was total resignation around the ground to relegation. If the team are relying on the crowd to lift them we are doomed. Even the lower Barclay and Snake Pit were silent for most of the game and the last 30 minutes were outsung by 500 at most Burnley fans.

Why is everyone who says anything even slightly critical a ''binner''?

The OP makes a good point. Carrow Road is one of the quietest grounds in the league I''ve ever attended a game at. (I''ve been to most of the NW grounds. Old Trafford down to Fraser Eagle (Accrington).

Apart from the rare post-goal celebrations and the odd (very short) outburst of OTBC from some fat bloke at the back which a few hundred around him half heartedly join in which usually dies out after 20 seconds or so there is very little to be heard.

I must be a ''binner'' too.

Robert, my thoughts - where I am at the back of E block it''s now quite difficult to get things going all match. Some of us try to start songs, at a few matches some of us have been stared at quite openly by those a few rows in front and asked why we bother.

There is an air of resignation that we are destined to the third division and some seem to be accepting our fate. I still think we will go down, but while I am at the match I do my best to sing and support the team, that''s why I have a ST where I do as I would rather be involved in this way. It''s quite strange when about 20 of you are singing and no one else joins in. Saturday there was a good section of C block singing and some in the Snakepit, but it was a bit flat, I agree.

I know it harsh to talk bout the fans but i think your right. when Gunn came in the players and the fans were lifted instintly after winning a few matches. Now are luck has run out i dont think we should loose faith in Gunn and what it has done with the team. Despite were we are in the table the ground is still pulling in 24,000 every match day to loyal fans unlike a lot of teams getting 13,000 per match who are a lot higher in the table. I think we just need to escape the danger we are in now and look forward to next season. I believe Gunn will work closley with the players over the summer befor nxt season and things could change. Its just really important for the fans to pull the team through this tough time at the club.

I''m in Block E too and the 2 guys infront of me (I''m row R) usually try to get some stuff going, but at a couple games theres literally been the 3 of us with one or two people around joining in

I just think people are that scared at the thought of going down noone dare say anything....i was at the southhapton game and the atmos was crap....Everyone is just so disalousioned with whats going on!!

Thank you all for responding in the spirit of the original post- I wasn''t trying to have a go, just interested in what people thought. Certainly I am going to matches without really looking forward to it at the moment, and I wasn''t really up for the game on Saturday. At the same time, though, I desperately don''t want us to go down. I''m one of those fans, like most I suspect, who doesn''t start songs but will join in. Perhaps we all need to pull together, despite that sinking feeling that it won''t make much difference.

The Delia generation of fans are a big joke, a pale imitation of the once noisey and passionate City fans that use to attended Carrow Road during the Chase, and pre Chase days.

Hell, none of them can even sing OTBC properly or at the correct speed.............shameful.[:''(]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

The Delia generation of fans are a big joke, a pale imitation of the once noisey and passionate City fans that use to attended Carrow Road during the Chase, and pre Chase days.

Hell, none of them can even sing OTBC properly or at the correct speed.............shameful.[:''(]

[/quote]

Cobblers. Are you really saying that these noisy and passionate fans don''t go any more? I''m sure some have been priced out, but given our crowds were between 16,000 and 20,000 then, there''s more than enough room for them even with those who are not lucky enough to be as old as you, and have therefore started going in the last few years. In my experience (only since 1985, but just pre-Chase), CR has never been that loud. The loudest I can remember it was after Malky''s goal in the play-off semi-final...during the Delia era.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Cobblers. Are you really saying that these noisy and passionate fans don''t go any more? I''m sure some have been priced out, but given our crowds were between 16,000 and 20,000 then, there''s more than enough room for them even with those who are not lucky enough to be as old as you, and have therefore started going in the last few years. In my experience (only since 1985, but just pre-Chase), CR has never been that loud. The loudest I can remember it was after Malky''s goal in the play-off semi-final...during the Delia era.

[/quote]

Yes I am saying that Robert, many have jacked it in and have been replaced by the more Deliaesk blue rinse dead people, corporate and family types.

I''ve known, first hand, all those era''s I''ve mentioned, and the atmosphere has changed 10 fold, and not for the better!

So these passionate fans are so passionate that they have stopped going?

Let''s be havin'' you!

On here I can think of you and Ricky. Anyone else?

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]

Let''s be havin'' you!

[/quote]

Err Robert, I know half a dozen personally who have sadly died.[:(]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Robert N. LiM"]

Let''s be havin'' you!

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think that many people have been priced out of the game, and , sadly, it is the older, retired generations that have suffered most by the huge increase in prices in the last 20 years. My late Dad would have to been horrified to think of paying up to £30 to watch Norwich!

In my early days of going to football (late 60s), there is no doubt that the demographic was very different, in that it was more of a working class game, with the prawn sandwich brigade sticking to "rugger". Yes, there was crowd trouble, and booze played a big part, but there was so much more passion, not least because the players weren''t on a pedestal and had a proper rapport with the fans, because in those days you could build a team without people wanting to leave every 5 minutes (no agents). Very different times.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Robert N. LiM"]

Let''s be havin'' you!

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think that many people have been priced out of the game, and , sadly, it is the older, retired generations that have suffered most by the huge increase in prices in the last 20 years. My late Dad would have to been horrified to think of paying up to £30 to watch Norwich!

In my early days of going to football (late 60s), there is no doubt that the demographic was very different, in that it was more of a working class game, with the prawn sandwich brigade sticking to "rugger". Yes, there was crowd trouble, and booze played a big part, but there was so much more passion, not least because the players weren''t on a pedestal and had a proper rapport with the fans, because in those days you could build a team without people wanting to leave every 5 minutes (no agents). Very different times.

[/quote]

Even if it was still half-a-crown they couldn''t go if they''d sadly died.[:(]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Robert N. LiM"]

Let''s be havin'' you!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If they went in some parts of the ground you would not notice!

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Robert N. LiM"]

Let''s be havin'' you!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

lol that much is sadly true.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Robert N. LiM"]

Let''s be havin'' you!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I sat in the Wensum stand two years ago, and I was told off for celebrating a goal![:|]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Robert N. LiM"]

Let''s be havin'' you!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I sat in the Wensum stand two years ago, and I was told off for celebrating a goal![:|]

[/quote]

That sounds about right mate, which is why we always have our seats in the LB.