Sign in to follow this  
Boyo

Carney & Pattison

On Saturday both these players were not in the squad and I don''t no why not. 

We have got Carney on loan and although it is annoying we keep getting players on loan, loans can work out to be good signings, that is as long as you play them.  I am all for a youth player on the bench but if you have loan players not even on the bench then they are just a waste of space.  From what I have heard on the radio at away games it sounds like Carney is influencing games in a positive way and he is putting in good crosses, so why when we have a big man like Cort upfront are not playing Carney on the left to put crosses in.  Yes Hoolahan can create chances but I think he would be better playing off Cort replacing Cureton.  So that means we have the left wing unocupied, and Carney should be put straight in there.

Also I would love to see Pattison in the centre of the park.  I know he can''t pass the ball to save his life, but he will always give 110% and he will win us the ball.  Russel is a more quality player who will also give 110% but latley his perofrmances have been way below par.  Also you could say Fozzy will always play a couple of good balls but he is just a bypasser and he just hasn''t got it.  I think if we had Pattison next to Clingan it would give our midfield a bit of bite and passion, and he will also attack and have lots of shots, which is just what we need.

Anyone agree?

Based on current form I would pick Pattison over Fozzy or Russell and give him a proper run in the first team. Whilst he has little in the way of quality he is a tough tackler and not afraid to go forward and not afraid to shoot.

Carney - i can''t really comment as, like the rest of us, i haven''t seen him play enough yet

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]And both scored for the reserves tonight along with Cody .[/quote]Is there a match report anywhere?

Would totally agree. Pattison was quite shocking really. The most alarming thing was the amount of times he gave the ball away against ametur players. I though Carney looked ok, but he did hold onto the ball too long on a number of occasions.

This was the first time I have seen the reserves this season & I now know why Glenn Roeder would not entertain playing any of the young lads. Was hoping to be excited by 1 or 2 players, but left the game pretty dissapointed.

Also reaslised what a joke Pattison is. To think we paid a fee for him is a disgrace. How anybody can think that he or Lappin should be in the 1st team squad is beyond me!!

It sounds as if Pattison has a sulk on, but that''s hardly surprising as he seems to have been ignored by our innovative new boss. In my view he has shown real promise this season as has actually offered a goal threat from midfield, which no one has done. He works hard, has two decent feet and is useful in the air. As a footballer he is streets ahead of Russell, but ,of course, if he doesn''t bleed yellow and green it''s best to bin him. After all, the "I''ll pick my mates" policy is rocketing us out of danger, isn''t it?

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Perhaps Patti has had the Lupoli treatment or even the Bell treatment!![/quote]or maybe its the fact that Roedent is not here no more to play his star player.  Watching him last night proved to me that he just does not care, and has a very bad attitude.  Yesterday would have been a great chance for him to work his socks off and try get into the squad for saturday.  After his performance I really cannot see it happening!

[quote user="Beauseant"]It sounds as if Pattison has a sulk on, but that''s hardly surprising as he seems to have been ignored by our innovative new boss. In my view he has shown real promise this season as has actually offered a goal threat from midfield, which no one has done. He works hard, has two decent feet and is useful in the air. As a footballer he is streets ahead of Russell, but ,of course, if he doesn''t bleed yellow and green it''s best to bin him. After all, the "I''ll pick my mates" policy is rocketing us out of danger, isn''t it?[/quote]

Good post. Couldn''t agree more. He''s clearly had the stuffing knocked out of him by not making the bench Saturday despite being the second best centre midfielder we have at the club. I really do hope he gets a chance soon, Fozzy and Russell have hardly been playing out of their skin recently

I posted elsewhere on here and was ridiculed for it ....but I walked beside pattison on saturday as I was going round to lower barclay entrance , he looked furious and at 2 mins to # was getting into a taxi outside the holiday inn !! sounds like a falling out happened there. Would explain why he is sulking ,,, not why he was left out of the squad , with fotheringhaam in !!

I agree, I think Carney could be the difference to drawing or winning a game.  His delivery from set pieces seems superior to what we currently have and he''s unpredictable.....remind you of anyone???  Also Adeyemi could be good for the bench to come on and surprise a few.

Come on Bryan, give Carney a start!

[quote user="Beauseant"]It sounds as if Pattison has a sulk on, but that''s hardly surprising as he seems to have been ignored by our innovative new boss. In my view he has shown real promise this season as has actually offered a goal threat from midfield, which no one has done. He works hard, has two decent feet and is useful in the air. As a footballer he is streets ahead of Russell, but ,of course, if he doesn''t bleed yellow and green it''s best to bin him. After all, the "I''ll pick my mates" policy is rocketing us out of danger, isn''t it?[/quote]Totally agree about Russel, he gets so much slack because he came through the youth system, yet is technically a pretty crap player.

On the subject of David Carney I definitely think he could be the missing piece of the puzzle that the Canaries are searching for.He''s very attack minded, notice that he''s been criticized a few times here  for hogging the ball, but I think especially in a wide player you need someone who''s prepare to try to chance his arm & try to beat his opposite  number.I can tell you that in the games I''ve watched him play for Australia, which is quite a few,  he has a good passing game as well when that''s required.I have attached a link to a  montage taken when he was playing in Australia for Sydney FC, I know there''s a few missed shots & tackles in there but what I think it shows clearly and what I enjoyed when he was playing locally is that he''s prepared to try things to beat his man.Given the chance I believe he could turn into a crowd favourite at Norwich City.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvrkuL-YP5Q

[quote user="sydmick"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvrkuL-YP5Q[/quote]As greatly summed up "A montage of misses and missed tackles" - which it evidently is. He sets up next to nothing, and scores a few tap-ins.He does look like he has a lot of promise, and has a look to give to the side, but I think he''s a long way from being a regular here given the current climate.

AJ- I can see that it''s not easy  to convince you regarding David Carney, the key  I think is Ian Crook who was the assistant manager when Carney was at Sydney convincing the manager here to give him a go. I''m not giving up, here''s another link to a goal Carney scored that wasn''t a tapin for Australia v Nigeria in London November 2007.He was named by Australian Four Four Two the national teams player of the season for 2007-8 ahead of players like Harry Kewell, Mark Viduka,Lucas Neill & Tim Cahill.The reason for him not playing at Sheffield United under Kevin Blackwell was that he had a massive difference of opinion with Blackwell about the type of football that should be played.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj0QyNQYH1A