Sign in to follow this  
Stocky

Comparing Gunn and Roeder!

In the championship this season. . .

Roeder in charge of  27 games,       Won - 7    /   Drew - 5    /   Lost - 16    /    Longest Unbeaten Run - 4

Gunn in charge of 7 games,              Won - 1   /   Drew - 4    /    Lost - 2     /     Longest Unbeaten Run - 4

Gunn not doing too bad obviously some Wins are needed, however he''s getting points

[quote user="Stocky"]

Roeder in charge of  27 games,       Won - 7    /   Drew - 5    /   Lost - 16    /    Longest Unbeaten Run - 4

Gunn in charge of 7 games,              Won - 1   /   Drew - 4    /    Lost - 2     /     Longest Unbeaten Run - 4

Gunn not doing too bad obviously some Wins are needed, however he''s getting points

[/quote]

Err? technically, Gunn was only caretaker when we beat Barnsley, so since his appointment full time, we ain''t won!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Stocky"]

[/quote]

Err? technically, Gunn was only caretaker when we beat Barnsley, so since his appointment full time, we ain''t won!

[/quote]who was in charge that day?

I think you could say Gunn has stabilised an already sinking ship but if he has no money to improve the squad we are doomed anyway.

Yes he''s getting points but not many more than Roeder was getting per points available.

Roeder''s point available to points achieved = 32.8%

Gunn''s point available to points achieved = 33.3%

We should of kept Glenn Roeder, ok he wasnt the best.... but has far more knowledge than Gunn and would just about drag us out of this mess imoas apose to Gunn who i think will take us down.

NO Roeder had to go...but Gunn did not have to be appointed. GR had bags of talent and great pull on tranfers- but has a fatal flaw in his character which ultimately turns people against him. Hence the second season flop.

We actually need someone with GR''s knowledge, contacts and status but with Gunnies personality, charm and warmth. Both and not either or

No, we should have kept Roeder unless someone else BETTER would be appointed. PR stunt gone wrong.So what if GR insulted the fans!? I''d rather he went on about his job however he saw fit and kept us in this league than be nice but take us down!

[quote user="canarydan23"]We''re in this mess because of Roeder you idiots.[/quote]Were we in the bottom 3 under Roeder ? NO , we are in the bottom 3 because of the results team Gunn have delivered . It was a massive mistake giving the job to Gunn but he got it because this hapless Board thought it would keep the fans quiet.

Obviously he needs wins but the fact that he has a personality and isnt a hybrid of a rat means hes better than Roeder even with no managerial experience

I  think  46  points  will  be  enough, it  has  been  most  seasons  out  of  the  last  20. Gunn  is  averaging  a  point  a  game  which  puts  on  46  with  one  of  the  better  GDs.  He  can  clearly  motivate  the  players  but  he  is  learning  his  trade  which  is  a  major  gamble, because  the  whole  of  the  management  team  have  never  achieved  anything  worth  talking  about  before. Noone  is  going  to  knock  Gunn  for  giving  it  a  go, only  time  will  tell  if  he  can  rise  the  the  challenge  and  learn  fast

Under Gunn we have indicated that we are going back into the reserves league and seem to be playing reserve games more often, and have recalled Cureton, and said that Martin and Spillane can''t join Luton.

We now seem to be trying to build a club for the long term again - with a reserve team for the youth side to progress through, and where we can groom our own players and actually build a team.  For a club of our size (and no, I''m not going down the "little Norwich" route, the same applies to most of the premiership outside the top four or five) the only prospect of success is building a team over a period of time.  As opposed to Roeder''s attempted short term fix of more or less scrapping the reserves, loaning out or selling our younger players and trying to "build" a team by bringing in an ever changing cast of loanees, which predictably had as much chance of building a team as shaking up a jigsaw puzzle in the box and then wondering why the pieces haven''t fallen into place.

Long term, I''m much happier about the club under Gunn than under Roeder.    In the short term, I''m worried sick about relegation.  I don''t think we''ll do it: I can''t see where six wins are coming from, and its a terrible run in: our last three games look like three defeats to me.  Relegation will be a disaster, but if Roeder had been here I think we''d have been in even more trouble by now (can anyone imagine the performaces against Barnsley or Wolves under him?) and even if we''d somehow survived this year, Roeder''s shake it all up, fall out with everyone, get rid of our own players and bring in short term loanees strategy would have sunk us next year.  If we survive under Gunn I think we can start to build our own team: and if we are relegated, I''d still rather Gunn''s way next season.  So, yes, I''d take Gunn over Roeder any day.