Sign in to follow this  
SitTee

Watching Training

I know under roeder you couldnt watch training as he closed it but because gunn is gaffer now can you watch training?What days to they train and can you park in colney car park?ta

[quote user="kiwiNCFC"]I know under roeder you couldnt watch training as he closed it but because gunn is gaffer now can you watch training?What days to they train and can you park in colney car park?ta[/quote]He didn''t. Only the day before a game.

[quote user="BarclayChuck"][quote user="AndyJR"]''Was gorn on in tarynun Nael?''

[/quote] Still tickles me :D[/quote]

Noting your very fine signature are you a train enthusiast.  I feel slightly ashamed to ask...............[:$]

I have a small replica of that behind the bar Cam. As you know the original one is over the tunnel at Carrow Road. I believe there were only 25 clubs who had an engine named after them. I used to know most of them. Neither of your teams or that lot down the road had one[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I have a small replica of that behind the bar Cam. As you know the original one is over the tunnel at Carrow Road. I believe there were only 25 clubs who had an engine named after them. I used to know most of them. Neither of your teams or that lot down the road had one[;)]

[/quote]

Ooooooooo......!!!

Trainspotters sighted.

OTBC

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Correct.  There was a Norwich City II as well as the original engine was renamed.  Last one to survive was Bradford City - there are plans afoot to build a new engine in this class.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Ooooooooo......!!!

Trainspotters sighted.

OTBC

[/quote]

Sorry to disappoint you but I know jack about trains Babes. In fact I probably only know as much as you do about our football club. But I''m willing to share what I know with you. I believe there were 25 engines named after football clubs and these were Arsenal, Barnsley,  Bradford, Bradford City, Darlington, Derby, Doncaster, Everton, Grimsby, Huddersfield, Hull, Leeds, Leicester, Liverpool, Manchester Utd, Manchester City, Middlesboro, Newcastle, Norwich City, Nottingham Forest, Sheffield Utd, Sheffield Wed, Sunderland, Tottenham and West Ham. I believe the name plate off the Norwich City engine is over over the players tunnel at Carrow Road. (Cam - would there have been two plates and if so where would the other one be?)

A few years ago a friend of mine, who drove steam engines across the Yorkshire Moors, brought me a replica of that name plate from the railway shop and it sits proudly behind the bar. I have never seen them anywhere to buy and it''s something I enjoy having.

Apart from an enjoyable summers afternoon travelling across the Yorkshire Moors on the footplate of a steam engine that''s the sum of my trainspotting knowledge.

Toot Toot.

[quote user="kiwiNCFC"]I know under roeder you couldnt watch training as he closed it but because gunn is gaffer now can you watch training?

What days to they train and can you park in colney car park?
ta
[/quote]

Not sure mate.

Why would you want to waste your time watching them train anyway?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Ooooooooo......!!!

Trainspotters sighted.

OTBC

[/quote]

Sorry to disappoint you but I know jack about trains Babes. In fact I probably only know as much as you do about our football club. But I''m willing to share what I know with you. I believe there were 25 engines named after football clubs and these were Arsenal, Barnsley,  Bradford, Bradford City, Darlington, Derby, Doncaster, Everton, Grimsby, Huddersfield, Hull, Leeds, Leicester, Liverpool, Manchester Utd, Manchester City, Middlesboro, Newcastle, Norwich City, Nottingham Forest, Sheffield Utd, Sheffield Wed, Sunderland, Tottenham and West Ham. I believe the name plate off the Norwich City engine is over over the players tunnel at Carrow Road. (Cam - would there have been two plates and if so where would the other one be?)

A few years ago a friend of mine, who drove steam engines across the Yorkshire Moors, brought me a replica of that name plate from the railway shop and it sits proudly behind the bar. I have never seen them anywhere to buy and it''s something I enjoy having.

Apart from an enjoyable summers afternoon travelling across the Yorkshire Moors on the footplate of a steam engine that''s the sum of my trainspotting knowledge.

Toot Toot.

[/quote]

Yes there would have been a nameplate on the other side of the old girl as well.  I don''t know where it is but nameplates today change hands for many thousands of pounds.  For some years she did actually operate from Liverpool Street to Norwich along with Tottenham Hotspur[+o(] but ended her days in less glamorous surroundings hauling coal trains in the North East.  Of course some posters might see this as an omen[:P] but the reality was they were replaced by the Britannia''s - powerful, superb engines (state of the art steam) who wisely thundered through Essex at 90 plus en route to A Fine City.

As long as you enjoyed your trip across the Yorkshire Moors that is all that counts. You may be Nutty Nigel in a Norwich forum but I would suggest that you could encounter greater Nuttiness in the World of Steam which I inhabit.  Any "hobby" which has a Bishop as one of it''s greatest ever railway photographers sounds interesting to me.

Toot Toot, by the way, in the Whistle Code of Steam is "two short crows".  It covered all sorts of things..................

"Trespasser on the line ahead, continuous crows as quickly as the sound can be produced........."  It''s more of a shriek than a toot. 

In the mundane world of Steam Ploughing I would give two crows to confirm I have disengaged my winding gear and so the engine on the opposite side of the field (which I might not be able to see) can engage their winding gear otherwise the steel cable would break and you''d likely be cut in half by the snag if it did. (Many were by breaking cables).  My two crows would be acknowledged by just the one....errr...Toot.  Message received and understood.[:D]

If you want a couple of gentle "Toots" I''d specify "two shorts" if I were you.  Hope that helps.

It''s hard to convey it outside us nutters but Dear Old Smudge would be multiple crows I think "as rapidly as the sound can be produced."

[:|]

A former work mate and city fan told me he had the other name plate at home , his father worked for the railways and had it as a memento .

He had often said he would contact the club to see if they would want to use it .