Sign in to follow this  
Destort

Ched Evans and the meaning of Irony?!

Nottingham Forest want to sign Stoke midfielder Michael Tonge and Manchester City striker Ched Evans on loan. (Daily Mail)

Usually a reliable source, could Ched keep Nottingham Forest up and send us down?

[quote user="rjwc22"]I fail to see the irony, unless we have the chance to sign him and do not take it.[/quote]

I guess the irony would be that the player who played a big part in saving us from relegation this year could be the player to save Forest this season and in the process send us down to league one.

That''s correct Georgie, I didn''t think it was that hard to work out.

And why start a new thread? Because i don''t spend every waking minute on here seeing every post made so apologies to the post police and the inconvenience caused making you click that thread title.

You might as well say the same about Earnshaw or any other player who has contributed significantly to our past success/avoidance of total failure.

I think that too much is made of the potential impact of one player out of many on one team out of 23 in the league that could finish above us.

[quote user="rjwc22"]

You might as well say the same about Earnshaw or any other player who has contributed significantly to our past success/avoidance of total failure.

I think that too much is made of the potential impact of one player out of many on one team out of 23 in the league that could finish above us.

[/quote]

If you want to get that pedantic then you can raise a question of any point made on this notice board.

That is the point of this board - to raise discussion, not to submit posts so that the rest of the users can agree.

Having said that, I am pretty bored at work at the moment so probably also playing devils advocate as well a bit to help pass time!

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Tthhhrrrrppppp!![/quote]Could you translate that from Norfolkese into English please SOB?Completely agree though. It would have only taken mininmal effort to see you''d already posted about this.

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Tthhhrrrrppppp!![/quote]

Could you translate that from Norfolkese into English please SOB?

Completely agree though. It would have only taken mininmal effort to see you''d already posted about this.

[/quote]

So this doesn''t apply to the numerous threads over the past week on Marshall, Cureton, Relegation, The reserves etc etc.

and I haven''t already posted about this

[Y][quote user="Destort"]

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Tthhhrrrrppppp!![/quote]

Completely agree though. It would have only taken mininmal effort to see you''d already posted about this.

[/quote]

So this doesn''t apply to the numerous threads over the past week on Marshall, Cureton, Relegation, The reserves etc etc.

[/quote]

Dont worry Destort, a fine point, and impossible to keep up with all the thread''s and to keep checking back on one''s posted by every single person, and like you say, every 2 seconds there is another rant about Cureton etc... Some people are like sheep on here too, if some says good post everyone tends to agree, if one person tears it apart, it waterfalls from there!!

Agreed!  At the risk of sounding hypocritical the amount of stick people get for posting is enough to put you off starting new threads. 

It is much easier to destroy than it is to create.

My hypocracy knows no bounds....

[quote user="Destort"]

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Tthhhrrrrppppp!![/quote]Could you translate that from Norfolkese into English please SOB?Completely agree though. It would have only taken mininmal effort to see you''d already posted about this.[/quote]

[/quote]The above are general topics of discussion. This thread refers to one specific report..So no, no it doesn''t.P.S.: Any idea why your quoted post comes up in a selection of fonts, colours etc?

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Destort"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The above are general topics of discussion. This thread refers to one specific report..

So no, no it doesn''t.

P.S.: Any idea why your quoted post comes up in a selection of fonts, colours etc?

[/quote]

Yes there is a reason. To say your name is obvious, you seem to have a hard time spotting the obvious. Your line said you''d (referring to me) already posted on this, i was pointing out that I (again referring to me) hadn''t already posted on this. Still with me there Ron?

And no the above were not ''general'' topics of discussion. Each were specific posts caused by specific events caused in specific matches.

[quote user="Destort"][quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Destort"]

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Tthhhrrrrppppp!![/quote]Could you translate that from Norfolkese into English please SOB?Completely agree though. It would have only taken mininmal effort to see you''d already posted about this.[/quote]

[/quote]The above are general topics of discussion. This thread refers to one specific report..So no, no it doesn''t.P.S.: Any idea why your quoted post comes up in a selection of fonts, colours etc?

[/quote]

Yes there is a reason. To say your name is obvious, you seem to have a hard time spotting the obvious. Your line said you''d (referring to me) already posted on this, i was pointing out that I (again referring to me) hadn''t already posted on this. Still with me there Ron?

And no the above were not ''general'' topics of discussion. Each were specific posts caused by specific events caused in specific matches.

[/quote]No, my original post was referring to SOB. I would have thought it obvious (sic) from the content that I was agreeing with SOB & there was no direct reference to your goodself.It struck me you were being a teeny bit arrogant.But now I''m convinced you''re an egomaniac.P. S. Still keep getting funny colours etc.

This argument is so pathetic.Don''t worry Destort, your in the right, just ignore the rest of them, as said before they''re like sheep.This is a topic of "discussion" or whatever phrases you used, just because it came from "an outside source" doesn''t mean it isn''t valid!There again, some people see things from "outside of Norfolk" as bad.And this forum has a few of those people [:|]

[quote user="Ciderkidd"]This argument is so pathetic.
Don''t worry Destort, your in the right, just ignore the rest of them, as said before they''re like sheep.
This is a topic of "discussion" or whatever phrases you used, just because it came from "an outside source" doesn''t mean it isn''t valid!
There again, some people see things from "outside of Norfolk" as bad.
And this forum has a few of those people [:|]
[/quote]

Well I''m going to chip in and say that you are rather silly for picking up the wrong end of the stick. SOB''s argument was that he had started a topic on the very same subject only half an hour before. It''s not as though it was on page 10 or something....

[quote user="Bring Back The Asics Kit"]

Nottingham Forest want to sign Stoke midfielder Michael Tonge and Manchester City striker Ched Evans on loan. (Daily Mail)

Usually a reliable source, could Ched keep Nottingham Forest up and send us down?

[/quote]

Asics, I like you dont have time to watch everything posted on here, thanks for  bringing this up. I wasn`t aware this was the case. Why do posters argue about pedantics instead of the real issues?

The irony in this, if it comes to pass will be bitter. If Ched is up for grabs then we should be pulling out all the stops to get him, if we dont then we need to know why cos Ched is a  man that could make the difference between staying up and relegation.

[quote user="Mange Tout"]

[quote user="Ciderkidd"]This argument is so pathetic.
Don''t worry Destort, your in the right, just ignore the rest of them, as said before they''re like sheep.
This is a topic of "discussion" or whatever phrases you used, just because it came from "an outside source" doesn''t mean it isn''t valid!
There again, some people see things from "outside of Norfolk" as bad.
And this forum has a few of those people [:|]
[/quote]

Well I''m going to chip in and say that you are rather silly for picking up the wrong end of the stick. SOB''s argument was that he had started a topic on the very same subject only half an hour before. It''s not as though it was on page 10 or something....

[/quote]

Actually Mange I''d say you''re the silly one. I made a personally reasonable and debatable post only to be ripped because it was posted elsewhere under a the title ''according to bbc sport'' which I was supposed to know was about Ched Evans? The important lesson we have all learned today is that remember before ever posting make sure you read the full body of every single other post on here before putting it up.

I will say however I was wrong in my interpretation of the ''You'' and ''I'' comment. The point that bothers me is the one made above.

Well said.  Please, no more smug posts saying ......."Refer to earlier thread" etc.  We can''t all be on here all day, every day.  Some of us have children, jobs, dogs to walk, hair to wash, arses to pick.

[quote user="Nishclishbang"]Well said.  Please, no more smug posts saying ......."Refer to earlier thread" etc.  We can''t all be on here all day, every day.  Some of us have children, jobs, dogs to walk, hair to wash, arses to pick.[/quote]Well said yourself, we don''t have time to spend our entire lives on message boards!This should have been a debate about Ched, not grammar and responsible posting! [H]