Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Bell Transfer Fee

Interesting  interview  with  him  in  the  Evening  News. Whilst  no  figures  were  quoted  he  stated  that  the  club  had  sold  him  for  more  than  they  paid  and  it  had  made  financial  sense. I  always  thought  this  was  the  case  but  there  were  several  silly  rumours  at  the  time  about   a  really  low  fee. Her  also  indicated  that  he  needs  an  operation!

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Interesting  interview  with  him  in  the  Evening  News. Whilst  no  figures  were  quoted  he  stated  that  the  club  had  sold  him  for  more  than  they  paid  and  it  had  made  financial  sense. I  always  thought  this  was  the  case  but  there  were  several  silly  rumours  at  the  time  about   a  really  low  fee. Her  also  indicated  that  he  needs  an  operation![/quote]Well we know what the operation will be for !!!

He needs an operation to remember to get back and defend the left side, so many goals were conceaded due to his lack of support.

I can''t believe he thinks he''s good for working out what''s wrong with us.All he basically said was "We concede more than we score".Well, i never! [:|]

[quote user="VAUX"]He needs an operation to remember to get back and defend the left side, so many goals were conceaded due to his lack of support.[/quote]A bit like a certain D. Huckerby then?  It''s not just his fault anyway, our defence is a complete joke at the moment.

[quote user="VAUX"]He needs an operation to remember to get back and defend the left side, so many goals were conceaded due to his lack of support.[/quote]

Sounds familiar, happened a couple of years ago with a certain player we release,

Cant quite remember his name..............

I have been one of his harshest critics, but at least Huckerby looked like he cared about NCFC, rather than Bell who simply appeared to stroll around the pitch not giving too hoots about the 20k plus around him that pay his wages.

[quote user="hogesar"]I can''t believe he thinks he''s good for working out what''s wrong with us.All he basically said was "We concede more than we score".Well, i never! [:|][/quote]they oughta change his name to mr statethebloodyobvious

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="VAUX"]He needs an operation to remember to get back and defend the left side, so many goals were conceaded due to his lack of support.[/quote]

A bit like a certain D. Huckerby then?  It''s not just his fault anyway, our defence is a complete joke at the moment.
[/quote]

Sort of. But Hucks, while not being a defensively minded type of player, was a harder working player than David Bell.

And of course teams would worry more about over-committing going forward with the threat of Hucks on the break. Couldn''t really say the same of DB.

[quote user="We Want Lappin Back"]I have been one of his harshest critics, but at least Huckerby looked like he cared about NCFC, rather than Bell who simply appeared to stroll around the pitch not giving too hoots about the 20k plus around him that pay his wages.[/quote]

Do you really think Hucks cared about Norwich when he first came on loan??

[quote user="CDMullins"]

[quote user="We Want Lappin Back"]I have been one of his harshest critics, but at least Huckerby looked like he cared about NCFC, rather than Bell who simply appeared to stroll around the pitch not giving too hoots about the 20k plus around him that pay his wages.[/quote]

Do you really think Hucks cared about Norwich when he first came on loan??

[/quote]After the way he was being treated at Man City, and the welcome we gave him, and considering his performances and attitude while on loan, I have to say that yes, he did.

I believe he was sold on a free as Norwich could not afford to carry on the payments to Luton? So Coventry took these over and took him for nothing....

[quote user="bradley11"]I believe he was sold on a free as Norwich could not afford to carry on the payments to Luton? So Coventry took these over and took him for nothing....[/quote]I guess you have no evidence for this?