Sign in to follow this  
Paul Spector

TERRIBLE NEWS

I''m told Simon Lappin is in talks with Motherwell, regarding a pre-contract agreement, and will go on loan there for the rest of the season too.

Terrible news (probably only in my opinion though!)

May even be announced today.

[quote user="We Want Lappin Back"]I''m told Simon Lappin is in talks with Motherwell, regarding a pre-contract agreement, and will go on loan there for the rest of the season too. Terrible news (probably only in my opinion though!) May even be announced today.[/quote]

Source?

It seems to fly in the face of released statements from the club.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="We Want Lappin Back"]I''m told Simon Lappin is in talks with Motherwell, regarding a pre-contract agreement, and will go on loan there for the rest of the season too. Terrible news (probably only in my opinion though!) May even be announced today.[/quote]

Source?

It seems to fly in the face of released statements from the club.

[/quote]he is out of contract in 4 monthsmotherwell had him on loanwanted to keep him.seems pretty plausible.

Good luck to him if he does. Probably the best thing for him. Don''t think he''s good enough to be in our starting 11 but could have been a decent squad player. Shame it hasn''t worked out for him

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"]Lets face facts: Lappin cant save us from relegation. He''s no better than what we have already. He''s not a championship player.[/quote]

Have to disagree with you on that one.

Seem to remember Hucks coming out and saying he thought Lappin was a decent Championship player also...

Who else do we have that could play on the left with as good a delivery as Lappin?

Best for Lappin really , playing for Motherwell or a mid table League 1 outfit , Motherwell every time .

Lappin is a decent player at this level but was  a victim of Roeder''s poor judgement and stubbornness. Chris Brown got the same treatment and so did Huckerby.

Roeder ended or ruined the City careers of 3 players who would have been useful, or more than useful, players for us.

Third rate player returns to third rate league.

Do we really care?

Not me.

[quote user="ricardo"]

Do we really care?

Not me.

[/quote]

Totally Agree.

I have no idea why he is rated so highly by some Norwich fans!

[quote user="ricardo"]

Do we really care?

Not me.

[/quote]

Totally Agree.

[quote user="ricardo"]

Do we really care?

Not me.

[/quote]

Totally Agree.

[quote user="We Want Lappin Back"]

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"]Lets face facts: Lappin cant save us from relegation. He''s no better than what we have already. He''s not a championship player.[/quote]

Have to disagree with you on that one.

Seem to remember Hucks coming out and saying he thought Lappin was a decent Championship player also...

Who else do we have that could play on the left with as good a delivery as Lappin?

[/quote]

David Bell. Eh? Oh.

Im sick of this Lappin fiasco.The guy was average at best and is never going to get in the team ahead of Bertrand, Drury, Pattison or Hoolahan. He hasnt been treated badly, he''s just not good enough.

[quote user="Barclayman artist formerly known as Barclayboy"]Im sick of this Lappin fiasco.

The guy was average at best and is never going to get in the team ahead of Bertrand, Drury, Pattison or Hoolahan. He hasnt been treated badly, he''s just not good enough.
[/quote]Just as well he isn''t in your calendar for March then lol. [:D]

[quote user="We Want Lappin Back"]I''m told Simon Lappin is in talks with Motherwell, regarding a pre-contract agreement, and will go on loan there for the rest of the season too.

Terrible news (probably only in my opinion though!)

May even be announced today.[/quote]Me too WWLB. As for all his knockers - I''d love to see him get just 20 minutes to prove them wrong.(Wasn''t he MoM in the Ipswich match the week before the infamous Plymouth match - or did I dream that?). His quality stands out in the reserve match recently in which a number of first teamers took part. More than ever before we NEED players who can deliver the ball into the box - and Lappin could do that. I know Motherwell wanted him to stay but if Gunn lets him go having ditched Bell the equally strategically important Bell, then I really do despair. I sincerely hope you are wrong in this.

[quote user="rudenotto69"]

The title of the thread would suggest some terrible news??[;)]

[/quote]You can laugh - Motherwell would be one heck of a commute to see my favourite player.....

Well you might be safe then Binky - it would appear the deal is off now - for the time being anyway. Hopefully Gunny will give him one last chance to prove himself.

So, not so terrible news after all.

[quote user="We Want Lappin Back"]Well you might be safe then Binky - it would appear the deal is off now - for the time being anyway. Hopefully Gunny will give him one last chance to prove himself.

So, not so terrible news after all.[/quote]Having slept on it I came to the same conclusion. Gunn effectively said Lappin can still make the team and apparently he travelled to the Preston game (Pattison didn''t) - Crook said the last reserve game was a chance for those who might be callled upon, to get some match experience - and Lappin was one of the best players in both of the last 2 reserve matches wasn''t he? I don''t expect he''ll get a new contract (unless he does something very special and soon) but with our backs to the wall I think a) he''ll stay until the end of the season and b) we will see him on the subs bench before long.

[quote user="We Want Lappin Back"]Well you might be safe then Binky - it would appear the deal is off now - for the time being anyway. Hopefully Gunny will give him one last chance to prove himself. So, not so terrible news after all.[/quote]

Phew. Panic over [:|][:|][:|][;)]