Sign in to follow this  
Kim Briscoe

Yarmouth Town sends letter of apology after fans ejected at City reserve game

I felt sorry for the yarmouth fans because they were only standing up cheering on there team (like we do in the barclay at home games and just because there is so many of us the stewards cant do nothing about it) also they were at the back, so it wasn''t like they were in the way of other people.

I think that everything would of been all right if the stewards had just left them.

some of them are Norwich season ticket holders

so i wonder if they will be kicked out on saturday

I was at this match sitting in the Barclay Stand.

In my opinion the trouble was caused to a great extent by the attitude of the stewards.

The majority of the Yarmouth fans appeared to be no more than 14 or 15 years old, they were making a lot of noise but good on them, they were singing and chanting songs and generally supporting their team, I did not feel that the language used was "foul and abusive".

They were however intent on standing, however, they were at the very back of the stand and really were not a danger to either themselves or others. On a Saturday with 25,000 people in the stadium the entire E block seems intent on standing, the stewards do nothing about it, this is potentially dangerous.

There was one particular steward on Monday evening, his jacket said he was a “section head steward”, in my opinion his reaction to these Yarmouth fans was what led to their eviction. He had grabbed the lapels of one of the boys and was physically trying to drag him away down the stairs, of course the other fans rallied round to prevent this from happening, this steward was very lucky to have not been assaulted, somehow the Yarmouth fans kept their cool with him.

If the stewards had just kept a reasonable distance and had not gone in mob handed and physically trying to drag these boys (for that is all they were) from the stand, I am sure these Yarmouth fans would have settled down and enjoyed the evening.

I was also very close to where this was happening in The Barclay and in my opinion, at a reserve game, you can''t really be using foul language (which they were in their chanting) with so many young children about. Fair enough in The Barclay on a Saturday but a reserve game is aimed specifically at the younger generation (Soccer PM etc.) and you shouldn''t really be chanting or saying things that are inapropriate to young children.

right i was 1 of the yarmouth lads who was ejected at the game and the people who was near would of sin the heavy handedness of the stewards this is the only point when we got abusive and a few scufles took place we all are sorry about the language we used if the kids heard but were not sorry for are actions towards the stewards one of the boys which was most pushed around was actualy only 12

and for the last time we are not chavs its called a football casual

[quote user="yarmouthyouth"]

[/quote]

1) Do you wear baseball hats

2) Do you wear any of the following labels - Stone Island, Burberry, Aquascutum, Lacoste, Prada, Henri Lloyd (or are you REALLY low quality and opt for Teddy Smith?)

3) Do you wear tracksuit trousers

4) Do you have very short hair, with the top slightly longer and gelled

5) Do you wear "benefit bling" (i.e gold sovereign rings, thick necklaces etc)

6) Do you claim benefit''s

Yes to any of the above, a chav you are

Chav''s....Football casuals....You say tomato I say tomato (if you see what I mean)

[quote user="jbghost"]I don''t think any of your labels mentioned were much in evidence. Looked like a bunch of Yark schoolkids on a day trip to Primark.[/quote]

Thank goodness for Urban Dictionary!!

1. yark 20 up, 5 downlove ithate it

To vomit. The vomit itself.

He yarked all over my chair, man!
He got yark in her hair!

by tradesman Apr 7, 2003 share this
2. Yark 5 up, 6 downlove ithate it

To chat shit or talk rubbish.

Also see - to chat breeze.

Jack:Is it true you was yarking about Jill!?
Bob: Nah I just said shes a hoe.

Or "Yarking your mouth off".

3. yark 3 up, 5 downlove ithate it

A combination of a yawn and a bark when coming from a dog.

In the morning my dog doesn''t know what to do first either yawn or bark so he does both at the same time and "yarks"

Clear now folks?

OTBC

[quote user="jbghost"]I don''t think any of your labels mentioned were much in evidence. Looked like a bunch of Yark schoolkids on a day trip to Primark.[/quote]

Thank goodness for Urban Dictionary!!

1. yark 20 up, 5 downlove ithate it

To vomit. The vomit itself.

He yarked all over my chair, man!
He got yark in her hair!

by tradesman Apr 7, 2003 share this
2. Yark 5 up, 6 downlove ithate it

To chat shit or talk rubbish.

Also see - to chat breeze.

Jack:Is it true you was yarking about Jill!?
Bob: Nah I just said shes a hoe.

Or "Yarking your mouth off".

3. yark 3 up, 5 downlove ithate it

A combination of a yawn and a bark when coming from a dog.

In the morning my dog doesn''t know what to do first either yawn or bark so he does both at the same time and "yarks"

Clear now folks?

OTBC

these little chavs wouldnt of done it at a first team game in the barclay for fear of getting a tw***ing, instead they try and look big and "hard" infront of a bunch of 8 year olds....

If any are reading this you really are small minded little tossers aren''t you.. im sure the children found you hilarious as they cowered nervously near their parents.... talking of which, i''d be ashamed if i was your dad, perhaps he dropped you on your heads once too often....

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

these little chavs wouldnt of done it at a first team game in the barclay for fear of getting a tw***ing, instead they try and look big and "hard" infront of a bunch of 8 year olds....

If any are reading this you really are small minded little tossers aren''t you.. im sure the children found you hilarious as they cowered nervously near their parents.... talking of which, i''d be ashamed if i was your dad, perhaps he dropped you on your heads once too often....

jas :)

[/quote]

Was the king of Barclay land on his throne Monday evening?

I think not, if you had of been you would realise that what you have just written is absolute rubbish.

Now then,i''ve lived in yarmouth all my life and i have never heard of the so called barmy army.i wasnt at the game but my guess was that they were a bunch of very young lads having a laugh which got out of hand.I bet the stewards wouldnt have bothered to go anywhere near them if they were men who could look after themselves but because they were kids and from yarmouth they tried to look big.Also dont tell me that yarmouth is the only place that has chavs,there are plenty in norwich.there are also plenty of season ticket holders and loyal supporters from yarmouth who care dearly for the club so dont go slagging us off.Anyone would think that living in Yarmouth is an enbarrasment the way some of you norwich folk go on and some of you are really quite pretentious.

guys and girls why talk about crap u dnt no

we are 15 and 16 years old we dnt go and act hard, "Barmy Army" is our old name, so if ur guna have a go get ur facts right,

yarmouth is getting worse ppl and there are worse ppl then us in here, ive seen gangs,fights, robberies all that crap.

we are loyal supporters of the bloaters and if u feel embarrassed to live in yarmouth, simple insturction MOVE OUT.

if u could to some of our home games and away games, u will see we stand, we chant and we support our team!!!

[quote user="ytfc15"]

we are 15 and 16 years old we dnt go and act hard, "Barmy Army" is our old name, so if ur guna have a go get ur facts right,

yarmouth is getting worse ppl and there are worse ppl then us in here, ive seen gangs,fights, robberies all that crap.

we are loyal supporters of the bloaters and if u feel embarrassed to live in yarmouth, simple insturction MOVE OUT.

if u could to some of our home games and away games, u will see we stand, we chant and we support our team!!!

[/quote]

Did you text this post in?

[quote user="No Quarter"][quote user="yarmouthyouth"]

[/quote]

2) Do you wear any of the following labels - Stone Island, Burberry, Aquascutum, Lacoste, Prada, Henri Lloyd (or are you REALLY low quality and opt for Teddy Smith?)

Chav''s....Football casuals....You say tomato I say tomato (if you see what I mean)

[/quote]

What you mean mate, is anybody wearing anything fake of these labels is a chav. The real items made by those designers, are way out of the price range of 99.9% of chavs and probably you too, especially Prada!

[quote user="ytfc15"]

[/quote]

What?  Erm yeah ok whatever you say lol [:|]

[quote user="Big Bob"][quote user="No Quarter"][quote user="yarmouthyouth"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What you mean mate, is anybody wearing anything fake of these labels is a chav. The real items made by those designers, are way out of the price range of 99.9% of chavs and probably you too, especially Prada!

[/quote]

And Burberry, went into their shop in Orlando and it was $300 for a small handbag.

i find it funny how if you have short hair on the side with gel on the top you are classed as a chav all the clobber we wear are genuin and i cant see many chave wearing a £300 stone island coat.

just because we are teenagers from yarmouth doesnt mean we are chavs i will be the first to admit that there are alot of chavs in yarmouth but we are not part of this group

we follow yarmouth home and away every week and never have n trouble but as soon as the norwich stewards decided to get heavy handed thats is when the trouble flared 

[quote user="yarmouthyouth"]

i find it funny how if you have short hair on the side with gel on the top you are classed as a chav all the clobber we wear are genuin and i cant see many chave wearing a £300 stone island coat.

just because we are teenagers from yarmouth doesnt mean we are chavs i will be the first to admit that there are alot of chavs in yarmouth but we are not part of this group

we follow yarmouth home and away every week and never have n trouble but as soon as the norwich stewards decided to get heavy handed thats is when the trouble flared 

[/quote]

Bought from a shop on Regent Rd?

[quote user="GRFC"]I was at this match sitting in the Barclay Stand. In my opinion the trouble was caused to a great extent by the attitude of the stewards. The majority of the Yarmouth fans appeared to be no more than 14 or 15 years old, they were making a lot of noise but good on them, they were singing and chanting songs and generally supporting their team, I did not feel that the language used was "foul and abusive". They were however intent on standing, however, they were at the very back of the stand and really were not a danger to either themselves or others. On a Saturday with 25,000 people in the stadium the entire E block seems intent on standing, the stewards do nothing about it, this is potentially dangerous. There was one particular steward on Monday evening, his jacket said he was a “section head steward”, in my opinion his reaction to these Yarmouth fans was what led to their eviction. He had grabbed the lapels of one of the boys and was physically trying to drag him away down the stairs, of course the other fans rallied round to prevent this from happening, this steward was very lucky to have not been assaulted, somehow the Yarmouth fans kept their cool with him. If the stewards had just kept a reasonable distance and had not gone in mob handed and physically trying to drag these boys (for that is all they were) from the stand, I am sure these Yarmouth fans would have settled down and enjoyed the evening.[/quote]

Precisely!

This was an embarrassing episode which was totally instigated by the stewards over the top reaction to what was just some a bunch of kids who were having a good time and not bothering anyone else in the stand. They only done this cause their was only 20 of them. They can''t do it on a Sarturday when normally their is 1500 people standing in the Barclay!

More evidence that we need to have some areas of safe standing areas in football grounds. I bet the vast majority of fans who go in the Batclay lower tier would rather stand.

If the authorities applied common sense by converting certain like the Barclay lower tier to a safe standing area with everyone having their own personal numbered crush barrier and the capacity stays the same as it is currently while all seater then I don''t see any problems!

.....and there''s me having been spelling it ''Yarc'' all these years! 

Let''s face it, neither these kids nor the Norwich stewards come out of this with much credit.

As both a Yarmouth supporter and season ticket holder at Carrow Rd until last summer, I felt doubly embarrassed on Monday night.

It''s a rediculous case of double standards.  If these kids can clearly stand up and shout pretty much whatever they like in the lower Barclay on a Saturday while City fans and in the safety of a big crowd, they''re going to expect to be able to stand on the back row when not obscuring anyone''s view on Monday night.  The mob handed reaction of the stewards was only ever going to inflame things.

It''s equally disappointing that these kids in turn couldn''t just accept that they weren''t going to be allowed to carry on standing and with some of the chanting.  Particularly bearing in mind the fact that Reserve games are a family fun night.  They''ve basically let themselves and the club down on the night.

I''d always hoped that the stewards at Carrow Rd used a bit more common sense than some of the clowns we have to endure as away fans at City games around the country but on this showing it doesn''t seem to be the case.

Perhaps Yarmouth Town should send a letter of apology...... generally for the state of Yarmouth.........[;)]