Sign in to follow this  
Robert Ketts Yellow Army

Jamie Cureton: £8,000 a week. 24 weeks. One goal. £192,000 for one goal.

[quote user="We Want Lappin Back"]You know his wages for a fact?[/quote]

Unless he works at the club, works at his bank or is related to him I would suggest he''s guessing.

My guess would be more like £5000pw over twice the £2000 he was getting at ColU

[quote user="cityangel"]

Unless he works at the club, works at his bank or is related to him I would suggest he''s guessing.

[/quote]

That''s OK than CA, it''s brought it down to £120,000 for one goal. [;)]

Bargain

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

That''s OK than CA, it''s brought it down to £120,000 for one goal. [;)]

Bargain

[/quote]

Glad I''ve made you feel better.[:D]

I hope you are not going down and personally I think you''ll scrape staying up, hopefully better than scrape but who knows as long as you stay up and if you stay up does it matter?

Jamie is not on anything like £8000 a week. He was on around £2000 a week during his Golden Boot season but his basic was less than that but would have averaged around that because of his bonus contract.  Jamie told us: "I just think it''s a better opportunity for me[:|]  It is not a lot more money, double and a bit but I think the opportunity is better.  It was a going home thing for me so the money really wasn''t that important."  I''d make that around £5k a week.

Our highest paid player in that season (and quite rightly so in my opinion) was Iwelumo who was on around £2,500 a week  Second was Brown who buggered off to Hull City and sank out of sight (sadly).  Great defender whose loss helped send us of out of your league (my opinion).

Colchester''s highest ever paid player was Sir Teddy of Sheringham O.B.E. on around £7000 a week but it didn''t bust the finances because Colchester''s owner personally picked up half of that each month.  Pity it didn''t work out: age caught up with him otherwise it would probably would have been worth it for one season.

Jamie is with WMG Management (who also have Steve Gerrard, Michael Owen, Robbie Keane, Shay Given et al).

Their current valuation of him is £1.2m.

If that seems surprising their current valuation of Andy Marshall, who cost Coventry their game against Blackburn this week, is £480,000.[+o(]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

Jamie is not on anything like £8000 a week. He was on around £2000 a week during his Golden Boot season   Jamie told us:   It is not a lot more money, double and a bit but I think the opportunity is better.  It was a going home thing for me so the money really wasn''t that important."  I''d make that around £5k a week.  I''d make that around £5k a week.[/quote]

I said all that that further up the page [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

Jamie is not on anything like £8000 a week. He was on around £2000 a week during his Golden Boot season   Jamie told us:   It is not a lot more money, double and a bit but I think the opportunity is better.  It was a going home thing for me so the money really wasn''t that important."  I''d make that around £5k a week.  I''d make that around £5k a week.[/quote]

[/quote]

But you guessed, Cam''s "guess" is a little bit more informed.

[quote user="Mange Tout"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

But you guessed, Cam''s "guess" is a little bit more informed.

[/quote]

It''s not a competition.  I am just baffled how anyone thinks Andy Marshall is worth £480,000.  Leave Jamie out of it.  [:|]

PS: I''d put money on Jamie NOT being on £8k a week at Norwich and quite a lot more money on Andy Marshall not being worth £480,000 EVER.

Jamie is with WMG Management (who also have Steve Gerrard, Michael Owen, Robbie Keane, Shay Given et al).

[/quote]£1.2m??? If we were offered that, I would bite anyone''s arm off.  And other parts if needed.

[quote user="Babyface"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

£1.2m??? If we were offered that, I would bite anyone''s arm off.  And other parts if needed.
[/quote]

he was given a lifeline by Gunny and he hasn''t performed. The confidence is gone and unrecoverable. if any money is offered we should take it and that includes a loan as what ever his wage is its a waste at the moment.

I hope you are not going down and personally I think you''ll scrape staying up, hopefully better than scrape but who knows as long as you stay up and if you stay up does it matter?

Jamie is not on anything like £8000 a week. He was on around £2000 a week during his Golden Boot season but his basic was less than that but would have averaged around that because of his bonus contract.  Jamie told us: "I just think it''s a better opportunity for me[:|]  It is not a lot more money, double and a bit but I think the opportunity is better.  It was a going home thing for me so the money really wasn''t that important."  I''d make that around £5k a week.

Our highest paid player in that season (and quite rightly so in my opinion) was Iwelumo who was on around £2,500 a week  Second was Brown who buggered off to Hull City and sank out of sight (sadly).  Great defender whose loss helped send us of out of your league (my opinion).

Colchester''s highest ever paid player was Sir Teddy of Sheringham O.B.E. on around £7000 a week but it didn''t bust the finances because Colchester''s owner personally picked up half of that each month.  Pity it didn''t work out: age caught up with him otherwise it would probably would have been worth it for one season.

If that seems surprising their current valuation of Andy Marshall, who cost Coventry their game against Blackburn this week, is £480,000.[+o(]

[/quote]

And who says footballers aren''t in touch with reality?

Oh and who says agents are Billy Bull****ers?

[quote user="Robert Ketts Yellow Army"]

That''s how much Barnsley were paying him

[/quote]

No they weren''t.

[quote user="Robert Ketts Yellow Army"]

That''s how much Barnsley were paying him

[/quote]

No they were not Robert, you are stirring it up for Jamie at best, and lying at worse![:|]

[quote user="swindoncanary"]So we are talking about over a quarter of a million pounds per season on one player,and people out there ask ''where has all the money gone ?'' [/quote]Guess these people can do the sums.£8.5m/£0.25m=34We do not even have 34 senior players on the books.One would also have to assume that not everyone in the team is on as much as Jamie Cureton who you would expect to be one of the higher earners at the club.Some of us worked out a while back the £8.5m player wage bill was not entirely accurate.Where has the money gone then?

To think we let Lupoli go and brought in Cureton was a big mistake by Gunn. Cort and Lupoli would have been a good combination given a few games. Cureton looks like a school boy running around the pitch.

Why not just state the obvious in this? £8k a week is not that unlikely - I have read that the average championship wage is £5k a week for a full pro with say three or four seasons under their belt.Either way that equates to 52 x 8 = £416k a year. Now to you and I that is a lot of money, in comparison that is slightly more than how much Pattison cost to buy from Newcastle.The average of £5k a week equates to 52 x 8 = £260k a year which although a lot less is also the cost of Hoolahan.Add to this that players last season such as Dublin and Huckerby were paid more than £8k it may start to explain where all of this money has gone.I am pretty sure that the statistics are all out there somewher but since our promotion season I believe our wage bill has almost doubled. Whether you blame that on the club or not it is scandalous that footballers wages have increased by that amount in that time.If you take the £5k as average and work out what a squad of 18 pros of that cost works out to be - £260 x 18 = £4,680,000 - you can start to see where playing budget is going. Throw in to that say three players that are on lets say £8k a week and you are looking at around £6million before anything like performance related bonuses etc.At the moment one of the best performers is a player who is playing for his career on a pay as you play reward related scheme in Carl Cort. A write off by nearly everyone when he was signed.Whatever happens to our club is the result of factors outside of it as well as inside of it. I firmly believe that sections of the FA are misguided and have lost control of the game in this country. Every year something happens which makes you wonder what they do. The Carlos Tevez affair was one - in my mind it is simple. If he is to play in the premiership or any English league he should be signed permanently or loaned from a club which retains his registration not an individual - black and white and no problems, easy. Video replays for the fourth official - having watched the majority of the Derby vs Man U game and seen the Doc / Drury debacles I can no longer see a really good reason for not having it, there are times when the referee can not see the incident clearly and so should consult the fourth official with cameras to see if that helps. It takes seconds for rugby and the referee only asks for it on certain occiasions. So I would suggest they suggest that they can only refer to it on three main areas, 1 - goal line to check to see if the ball went over the line or not, 2 - to see if a challenge in the area was indeed a penalty, 3 - for possible red card decisions. To me these are the only decisions that can heavily influence a game or not, a corner or throw in can be defended so its not a real advantage to either side where as a goal, sending off or penalty is.In addition to this if the referee must play advantage as normal so if there is a possible penalty appeal but another player is able to score and there is no question of a card etc then count the goal as normal etc. Built into this I would only allow the captains to request replays from the referee although the referee has the final say. If the referee agrees and stops play and it is decided that there was no offence the free kick goes to the team that was accused of offending. If we struggle to stay up because of one or two points Mr. Duh''so will have a lot to answer for.

[quote user="chicken"]

I am pretty sure that the statistics are all out there somewher

[/quote]

Figures from 2006, but still interesting. For those working out where the money has gone, remember that the employer also has to pay an additional 12.8% employers national insurance contribution on nearly all that salary.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/163676000-the-average-salary-of-a-premiership-footballer-in-2006-473659.html

Inland Revenue is making a ton off of Cureton, too.

If it really is abround 200,000 per goal, that is likely a bargain compared to what Chelsea, Man U and the other big boys pay their strikers when calculated per goal.

There could yet be a certain irony if Barnsley stayed up at our expense by one or two points, letting Cureton out on loan to one of our rivals in the battle for survival could return to haunt us.