Sign in to follow this  
Norwich  R  Us

NCFC : The Graveyard of Ambition

TEAM SUPER CANARY''s record:

Won 1  ,  Drawn  4  ,  Lost 2.    This includes 4 HOME GAMES.Hiring amateurs for a relegation dog fight? Lunacy. ANOTHER GREAT MOVE BY OUR WONDERFUL BOARD.The sad thing is, the majority of our spineless fan base will be content with League 1 mid table in no time at all.

Protests should have happened a long time ago but now it''s too late. Everyone pat themselves on the back because we''ve EARNT this standard of utter mediocrity.

The Wynnies won''t like this message. Doesn''t stop it being spot on mind you but i sense that most posters on here have already persuaded themselves that relegation will be something to look forward to.

[quote user="John"]When do you think we should of protested then? Honest question...[/quote]How about when we found out Smith had lied to us about there being anyone wanting to invest in the club?.They''ve been dragging the club down for years,.their hearts are in the right place but at the end of the day they''ve no idea how to run a football club

[quote user="sidewinder"]The poor showing is nothing to do with anything NCFC has done, it is "global" crisis[:D][:D][:D][/quote]I couldn''t help but laugh at that. Might help that QPR just scored against the scum with just 2mins gone.We are, evermore, looking like relegation certs.

[quote user="Sing up the river end "][quote user="John"]When do you think we should of protested then? Honest question...[/quote]How about when we found out Smith had lied to us about there being anyone wanting to invest in the club?.They''ve been dragging the club down for years,.their hearts are in the right place but at the end of the day they''ve no idea how to run a football club[/quote]

We should have protested when we got relegated by taking PRUDENCE into the PREMIERSHIP. 3 mill record signing in January for this ''lovely little club''? WOW. Embarrassing.The record of this board is awful, just look at results ON AND OFF the field. When we come up against other football teams we LOSE OUT 70% of the time. When we come up against other businesses people we LOSE OUT 90% of the time.We won the championship, yes i remember... but looking back, maybe this was a bad thing. I mean, it''s been an alibi for years now, it''s become the paper thats concealed some unforgivable cracks. Let''s be honest, it''s crystal clear now that Worthy was just the cheap option that got lucky, every other appointment by this board has been disastrous.

There''s no hiding it anymore, this is a sad sad time Norwich City Football Club.

Agreed. The vast majority of norwich fans are getting exactly what they deserve for accepting our boards continual mistakes and lack of investment in the playing squad. Like i''ve said before if a board had underperformed so absymally at virtually any other club you can bet they would have been hounded out a long time ago.

[quote user="fearofambition"]Agreed. The vast majority of norwich fans are getting exactly what they deserve for accepting our boards continual mistakes and lack of investment in the playing squad. Like i''ve said before if a board had underperformed so absymally at virtually any other club you can bet they would have been hounded out a long time ago.[/quote]

Agreed i cant believe what an easy time this board has had and the worst thing is, some fans are saying relegation could be good for us. Ok maybe we cant find others to invest but we can as sure as hell let this lot know how they have ruined our club. i dont buy this bad atmosphere shxte our players play to full houses every home game and they cant win so whats the difference. this board need to know their days have gone and they are as popular as a scum fan in the barclay end.

The undeniable fact is that MANY other clubs perform better on the field and in the transfer market with less fans, worse grounds and smaler budgets. That equates to failure in my book

[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]The undeniable fact is that MANY other clubs perform better on the field and in the transfer market with less fans, worse grounds and smaler budgets. That equates to failure in my book[/quote]

Very true!, but still no one questions HRH Delia and cronies!. People around me still enjoyed there day out at the football, the modern day football fan how embarassing!. I have to say that I find it truly amazing the board are yet to get any stick because in most parts of the country they certainly would!

[quote user="fearofambition"]Agreed. The vast majority of norwich fans are getting exactly what they deserve for accepting our boards continual mistakes and lack of investment in the playing squad. Like i''ve said before if a board had underperformed so absymally at virtually any other club you can bet they would have been hounded out a long time ago.[/quote]

So the vast majority of Norwich fans would deserve it if we are relegated? But those of you having a "love in" on this thread obviously set yourselves apart from this. So I have a question for you - Why didn''t you protest?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

So the vast majority of Norwich fans would deserve it if we are relegated? But those of you having a "love in" on this thread obviously set yourselves apart from this. So I have a question for you - Why didn''t you protest?

[/quote]

Would you protest? And if not, why not?

The one thing relegation will not do is get rid of Delia.

Relegation will make us less attractive to any investors (Not there are any out there)

And all the talk of administration if w get relegated is very wide of the mark.

It is nothing like relegation from the premiership. TV revenue will drop by £2 million at most which we will easily compensate by the lower wage bill. Advertising and ticket sales may drop but not by any significant margin. Our ticket prices are alredy lower than many League 1 teams so don''t expect cheaper tickets.

Restaurant income etc will be unchanged.

The board wont look upon where we are in the table or which league we are in to gage if we are a success...........its all about money-they will deem success to be how many season tickets we sell and the bottom line at the end of the financial year-so if we are relegated and sell some players but still get large gates and good season ticket sales they will see it as a success, gone are the days of old where it was all about football on the pitch!

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If I felt strongly enough about something I''d protest.

Do you see yourself as the same as the vast majority of Norwich fans? And if not, why not?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If I felt strongly enough about something I''d protest.

Do you see yourself as the same as the vast majority of Norwich fans? And if not, why not?

[/quote]

I see myself as a ''Football Fan of NCFC''. I go for the Football.

Just because 12 or 24,000 - are unwilling to stand outside the City Stand protesting against the board - doesn''t mean the vast majority are supportive of the current Directionless regime - and anyone who believes that is way off the mark. The most recent protest was the poor attendance at the FA Cup game - which was also Roeder''s last.....No shouting of vitriolic abuse required. It gave the board the kick up the hearse to get rid of Roeder - because it boils down to money in the club coffers (which is probably also their ''Community Spirit'')....

The board also stitched your beloved Worthy up like a kipper, and you choose to berate the likes of me and those ''few'' of my mindset - as the evil and ghastly group of gonad-less who got him the boot.....Bleat, simper and whimper all you like, I know where the true problem lies at the club.....And supporters like yourself allow ''them'' to carry on regardless....I may hide behind my keyboard, but I''ve questioned the CE and the major shareholding duo to their faces.....Have and would you? No, because you don''t see them us a problem, you prefer to see the likes of me as the problem....Where as in my opinion, it''s the likes of you that are the problem.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

NN I think it''s because protest is a communal/group thing. In almost anything a one man protest looks ridiculous, wheras if "the masses revolt" it becomes almost unstoppable. Unfortunatly not enough people felt passionate enough to get angry and voice their discontent. Things are starting to happen now, but in most cases it''s the wrong targets. On Saturday the stewards near me were getting more than the usual level of stick , and then there was quite a bit of slagging off of David Marshall towards the end of the game, again from those around me. The fans are getting very frustrated, this "turning the corner" isn''t happening, the corner just seems to be getting farther away. But you know what? If we are already down by the end of the last home game then I think there will be some serious protests. The best this Board can hope for is that we are still able to save ourselves by the time we go to Charlton. And they are very lucky that our last game is away from home. 

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]. But you know what? If we are already down by the end of the last home game then I think there will be some serious protests. The best this Board can hope for is that we are still able to save ourselves by the time we go to Charlton. And they are very lucky that our last game is away from home. [/quote]

I agree with that and yes the board are bloody lucky that the last game is away from home.

[quote user="NorwichRUs"]TEAM SUPER CANARY''s record:

Won 1  ,  Drawn  4  ,  Lost 2.    This includes 4 HOME GAMES.

Hiring amateurs for a relegation dog fight? Lunacy. ANOTHER GREAT MOVE BY OUR WONDERFUL BOARD.

The sad thing is, the majority of our spineless fan base will be content with League 1 mid table in no time at all.

Protests should have happened a long time ago but now it''s too late. Everyone pat themselves on the back because we''ve EARNT this standard of utter mediocrity.

[/quote]

So when was it you organised a protest then?  Must have missed that thread.

The only one who has consistanly called for protests is Smudger. [:)]

And here we go with let''s all blame the fans threads, if you yourself felt that strongly what have you done about it?

A spot on post - hate to sound defeatest but all too late now and as you say protests should have started ages ago; say about four years ago. The board and apparently 80% of so called fans are happy to settle for mediocrity and League 1. Its amazing how the board are not taken to task by the local media; they get away with it year after year and week after week; they appear to be accountable to no one and continue to blindly believe that we can escape our current predicament.

[quote user="Spartan"]A spot on post - hate to sound defeatest but all too late now and as you say protests should have started ages ago; say about four years ago. The board and apparently 80% of so called fans are happy to settle for mediocrity and League 1. Its amazing how the board are not taken to task by the local media; they get away with it year after year and week after week; they appear to be accountable to no one and continue to blindly believe that we can escape our current predicament.[/quote]

The sad thing is that if we stay up, the joy will be taken away because they''ll be instantly forgiven and next season will be their "last chance".  Like it was after Grant left, after Roeder left, after Gunny eventually leaves, etc