Sign in to follow this  
micdhymer

12th man

Please can any one tell me why only about 20% of the fans at carrow road sing,Every one in the river end looks like a cardboard cutout and in the main stand and the jarrold,why cant every one sing and get behind the team i sing all game and for what,so people in the jarrold stand can watch me,pull your finger out and lets get a proper atamosphere going.

Stop moaning start singing

Nothing to sing about.Why put the effort in for the players if the players don;t put it in for the fans.2 way street, despite what the board and managers want you to think.Cannot believe players have the cheek to complain about the atmosphere when they get paid the amount they do and yet produce so little.

Lots of reasons. Pre compulsory seating CR was far noisier than it is today. Is that due to the football being better or a different mind set amongst supporters? During my early days of supporting we had disappointments (ie relegation), just like now, but the ground was far noisier.

It can''t go unnoticed that we have had four seasons of dire football, with an overall decline in standards of football. Now in the area I am in, we sing as much as anyone, but even those who were belting out songs only last year seem resigned to not bothering. Reasons? Why bother if the team doesn''t? What difference will it make?

I have occasionally sat in areas renowned for non singing and it wasn''t for me. I appreciate there are those who don''t want to stand up and sing y''army for 10 minutes, and there are plenty of supporters who don''t know all the words to some of the songs (witnessed at Charlton cup game!).

Personally I think the build up before the game has something to do with it. Why the music, dancing girls and worst of all, the announcer encouraging every stand to sing. It''s crass and overdone. Most of us can sing OTBC without any help. Also mentioned on here before, the comfortable bars which keep supporters cosy and warm until one minute to three.

hymer you are right,its not down to just paying your money and turning up those people are followers of norwich what we need now are supportes to push us over the finish line,true some players arent giving there all but i work with people like that but it doesnt make me perform any less,so lets support those that do try

I totally agree with you,these games coming up are so important,yet when its a close game,these idiots who sit there like lemons and dont sing,just add to the tension,i feel like shouting at people to make them sing,if they love the football club like me you and nutty nigel,then they will sing and get behind the team,flat atmosphere does not help players.

today i will sing all game,i just wish these lemons from the other 3 stands would,    OTBC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEE ARMY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree Bales. Its easy to support a team thats doing well, but to support a team when times are hard is when we all need to stick together and raise the atmosphere a couple of gears for games like today.

I for one shall be singing my heart out and cheering the lads on. A dull atmosphere will not help the team at all.

Its a shame they cant bring terracing back to the barclay, in the days of terracing the atmosphere was fantastic and you would leave a game with a sore throat from all the singing, skirmishing and shouting.

Come on lads 3 points today.......                    On the ball city.................

[quote user="micdhymer"]

Please can any one tell me why only about 20% of the fans at carrow road sing,Every one in the river end looks like a cardboard cutout and in the main stand and the jarrold,why cant every one sing and get behind the team i sing all game and for what,so people in the jarrold stand can watch me,pull your finger out and lets get a proper atamosphere going.

[/quote]

Shh! there are dead people in the City stand...........Show some respect.[:D]

At Galatasaray they have people who are permitted to run up and down abusing (as in threatening) anyone who doesn''t sing.

Try it.

Singing is shit sitting down.

Apathy rules these days, but people have always gone to Carrow Road for a good moan, it''s their way of life. Football is almost secondary.

[quote user="barclayboy1902"]hymer you are right,its not down to just paying your money and turning up those people are followers of norwich what we need now are supportes to push us over the finish line,true some players arent giving there all but i work with people like that but it doesnt make me perform any less,so lets support those that do try[/quote]So what you''re saying is, if fans don''t sing they aren''t real supporters?I sit in the Jarrold Stand when I''m back from Uni, in Block K, and I''d like to say that it''s a bit louder than the rest of the stand, but we''ve lost a few of the more lively characters this season.  I personally don''t sing as much as everyone else because I like to focus on the game, don''t get me wrong I love the atmosphere and like to add to it, but I prefer to be completely engrossed in what is happening on the pitch.  Obviously it hasn''t been too brilliant recently, but if I chose to sit and watch the game and not get involved as much in the atmosphere, then it''s my decision completely.  Don''t get me wrong, I''ll join in chants, but it doesn''t make my game.Also, the fans in the Barclay and Snakepit seem to think  they are above criticism when it comes to atmosphere, but over the last couple of seasons even they have been pretty flat.  They are also the most unoriginal supporters in the country, and apart from the Safri song, what have they actually come up with over recent years?  If you "Barclay Boys" want the atmosphere to improve, then perhaps you should sit down and sort out your own chants before you start criticising the rest of the stadium because your banter over the last few seasons has been appauling.

if the banter in the barclay has been appauling what does it say for your area, most un original in the country seems harsh and to sit down and sort them out! you should know by now well never sit in the barclay

so why dont you wake up and support the team

[quote user="micdhymer"]

[/quote]

Tell the players to show some passion and start playing and I''ll start singing.