Sign in to follow this  
elyvalleyblue

Coming to Norwich in a Few Weeks

Hi Lads / Lasses, Cardiff City fan here.

In a few weeks I shall be visiting your City and ground for the first

time. Been to them lot down the road (bit of a hole it was too), but never to Norwich.

I''m looking forward to putting another ground on my list.

I''m actually staying 2 nights in the City Centre. Anyone recommend anything to do, place’s to visit during the day? I’m staying in the City centre and have noticed that the hotel doesn’t have its own car park and I have to park in the NCP Car Park, which is £12 a day.  Any other car parks that are cheaper, bearing in mind it will be parked for about 40+ hours.Also anyone recommend any good Chinese Take Away’s (and ones to avoid), any Chinese All you can Eat Buffets. Good Fish & Chip shop etc.Also on the night of the game I’m planning on walking the mile to the ground (I think its 1 mile from the City Centre) am I likely to come across any hostile locals?

Are you staying in the Travel Inn? If so there is a Pay & Display car park approx 100m to the right which is cheaper. There is also a Chinese All you can eat Buffet next to the hotel. You will have no problems from the locals. Hope you enjoy your stay.

You wont get hassle from us. Go do some shopping in city centre and visit the castle, worth doing while your in norwich. Any idea how many bluebirds are coming to carra rud?

[quote user="elyvalleyblue"]Hi Lads / Lasses, Cardiff City fan here.

In a few weeks I shall be visiting your City and ground for the first time. Been to them lot down the road (bit of a hole it was too), but never to Norwich.

[/quote]

lol!!

All depends on where we are in the league. If we are in the playoffs, maybe about 500. However if we are going to Automatic spots (with our games in hand we can get there) then maybe upto 1000.You know when your Ticket Office release the tickets?

Yeah staying in the Travel Lodge, nice to hear the Chinese is next door, lol.[quote user="medus"]Are you staying in the Travel Inn? If so there is a Pay & Display car park approx 100m to the right which is cheaper. There is also a Chinese All you can eat Buffet next to the hotel. You will have no problems from the locals. Hope you enjoy your stay.[/quote]

Enjoy your stay...but please please can you leave us three points when you go back to Cardiff?

We are a bit desperate you see! [:D]

[quote user="whoareyou"]

Enjoy your stay...but please please can you leave us three points when you go back to Cardiff?

We are a bit desperate you see! [:D]

[/quote]

A bit desperate is an understatement lol

In a few weeks I shall be visiting your City and ground for the first time. Been to them lot down the road (bit of a hole it was too), but never to Norwich.

I''m actually staying 2 nights in the City Centre.

Anyone recommend anything to do, place’s to visit during the day? I’m staying in the City centre and have noticed that the hotel doesn’t have its own car park and I have to park in the NCP Car Park, which is £12 a day.  Any other car parks that are cheaper, bearing in mind it will be parked for about 40+ hours.

Also anyone recommend any good Chinese Take Away’s (and ones to avoid), any Chinese All you can Eat Buffets. Good Fish & Chip shop etc.

Also on the night of the game I’m planning on walking the mile to the ground (I think its 1 mile from the City Centre) am I likely to come across any hostile locals?

[/quote]

Hostile and locals really shouldn''t be in the same sentence for Norwich lol.

Even QPR fans love coming to NCFC, they say it''s friendly and they like the ground etc.

Have a safe journey and enjoy the area.

Even QPR fans love coming to NCFC, they say it''s friendly and they like the ground etc.

Opposing teams tend to say that after the games too.

We are desperate for what I hope will be 3 Easy Points, but you never can tell what our players are going to play like.You know when you send the tickets down?

If you fancy doing a bit of shopping or a bite to eat I would recommend visiting Anglia Square it''s a very pleasant area of the city. Also whilst your in the neighborhood drop into the Cat & Fiddle for a pint or two it well worth a visit.   

To meet up with other Cardiff supporters before the match, go to the pub next to the train station "The Complete Angler", it''s basically the away supporter''s watering hole, and a short walk from Carrow Road. You may have touble getting into the bars at the Riverside area (the other side of the station) the lunchtime before the game, unless in neutral colours. A lot of Norwich fans have their pre-match pints at the Riverside, and some of the match day bouncers can be a bit funny about it.

Enjoy Norwich, the Castle & Cathedral are worth a visit, and city centre shopping is generally classed as excellent. A 40 minute each-way drive out to the North Norfolk coast is also nice if you like the seaside! I love Blakeney area just for its remoteness.

[quote user="seat124"]

say hello - that is a joke isn''t it?

you will be advising on a cosy pint in the castle on ketts hill next!

[/quote]

I went in there one night (in error), and dropped my wallet - Kicked it all the way to the car park. [:D]

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]If you fancy doing a bit of shopping or a bite to eat I would recommend visiting Anglia Square it''s a very pleasant area of the city
[/quote]

Ha ha. Not the Norwich I live in then. Anglia Square is lovely if you want to trip over a homeless person or get your wallet nicked by some druggie scumbag. NOT a nice area.

Some must see''s for you:

Norwich Cathedral by *saxon*.

Norwich Castle by harry harris.

Elm hill, Norwich by Quyntessential.

Wensum Lodge by soapbeard.

Norwich Cathedral, Norwich Castle, Elm Hill and 10 point to anyone who can tell me what bar the last one is.  One of Norwich''s best kept secrets and where I go prior to a mid-week match.  Cheap as chips with a great atmosphere!!

Hay that pub looks great, where to is it, I''ll have to have a try.Also what is the LOCAL DRINK, Ale Lager etc?[quote user="AndyJR"]

Norwich Cathedral, Norwich Castle, Elm Hill and 10 point to anyone who can tell me what bar the last one is.  One of Norwich''s best kept secrets and where I go prior to a mid-week match.  Cheap as chips with a great atmosphere!!

[/quote]

[quote user="Pi55ed as a Mattress"]

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]If you fancy doing a bit of shopping or a bite to eat I would recommend visiting Anglia Square it''s a very pleasant area of the city
[/quote]

Ha ha. Not the Norwich I live in then. Anglia Square is lovely if you want to trip over a homeless person or get your wallet nicked by some druggie scumbag. NOT a nice area.

[/quote]

See definition 1;

sar⋅casm

[sahr-kaz-uhm] Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun

1. harsh or bitter derision or irony.

2. a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms.

Origin:
1570–80; < LL sarcasmus < Gk sarkasmós, deriv. of sarkázein to rend (flesh), sneer; see sarco-

I''m actually staying 2 nights in the City Centre.

Anyone recommend anything to do, place’s to visit during the day? I’m staying in the City centre and have noticed that the hotel doesn’t have its own car park and I have to park in the NCP Car Park, which is £12 a day.  Any other car parks that are cheaper, bearing in mind it will be parked for about 40+ hours.

Also anyone recommend any good Chinese Take Away’s (and ones to avoid), any Chinese All you can Eat Buffets. Good Fish & Chip shop etc.

Also on the night of the game I’m planning on walking the mile to the ground (I think its 1 mile from the City Centre) am I likely to come across any hostile locals?

[/quote]

You find the odd Jack who probably wont shake your hand!

[quote user="elyvalleyblue"]Hay that pub looks great, where to is it, I''ll have to have a try.Also what is the LOCAL DRINK, Ale Lager etc?[quote user="AndyJR"]

[/quote][/quote]wensum lodge i believe