Sign in to follow this  
Beaker

We wouldnt be in this mess is we hadnt released...

I know I''m putting my neck on the block, but you could never question the lad''s work rate.

Ok, I know that plenty of his passes went amiss, and maybe he wasn''t the most gifted player we''ve seen, but at least he always got stuck in, and busted a gut for the cause.

A couple of Leeds fans I know think he''s an absolute legend at Elland Road, for those precise qualities.

It would make a pleasant change if some of the present squad members made such an effort & had a bit of pride in the shirt!

[quote user="Rob Morgan"]

I know I''m putting my neck on the block, but you could never question the lad''s work rate.

Ok, I know that plenty of his passes went amiss, and maybe he wasn''t the most gifted player we''ve seen, but at least he always got stuck in, and busted a gut for the cause.

A couple of Leeds fans I know think he''s an absolute legend at Elland Road, for those precise qualities.

It would make a pleasant change if some of the present squad members made such an effort & had a bit of pride in the shirt!

[/quote]

And add to that he was ours and not another bleeding loan [:)]

I had the missfortune to watch Leeds v Huddersfield a few weeks ago. Classed as a Yorkshire Derby. Hooze was playing Right Back and did very well. Quite a few outside of the boot slices or scuffed clearances into touch, but generally he was one of Leeds better players and surprising solid at the back. Very similar to how he was when he left Norwich, a standard which looks even better in League 1.

I agree with Beaker, we should never have let him go.

[quote user="Big Dave"]

I had the missfortune to watch Leeds v Huddersfield a few weeks ago. Classed as a Yorkshire Derby. Hooze was playing Right Back and did very well. Quite a few outside of the boot slices or scuffed clearances into touch, but generally he was one of Leeds better players and surprising solid at the back. Very similar to how he was when he left Norwich, a standard which looks even better in League 1.

I agree with Beaker, we should never have let him go.

[/quote]

Maybe we could get him back on loan pmsl [:S]

WE NEED HIM BACK, petition to get him back now, comone, i started a thread about him the other week, and nearly all posts where positive

Andy Hooze, aka The Speed Merchant!

Legend, will never forget he always was the first out onto the pitch running like a bullet train.

Will never forget the FA Cup match at Chelsea when he had Robbens number all game, plus when he caught up with Drogba who was through 1-on-1, and slide tackled him a treat!

i think this is meant as a joke post but in fact its 100% spot on.If the current 11 put in the kind of effort and committment every match that Hughes used to we wouldnt be in this mess.I only see 3 players putting in the effort Hughes used to, Croft Clingan and the Doc.thats 1 reason were down there, only 3 players putting in 110% for the shirt every single match.

[quote user="Phil E Stein"]Does anybody know if the great man is a regular in the Leeds side? If so, which position is his "speciality" at the moment?[/quote]Dunno...I expect we''ll find out next season, when we play them...

Hughes played very well whenever he was playing right back for us.  He is definitely better than Otsemobor in that position.

Over 45 years of watching Norwich I''d class him as the worst buy we ever made.

lovely, lovely and very funny bloke, utterly useless footballer

And we wouldn''t have been in this mess either if we had signed this Hooooozzzzzzzey!!!![img]http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/06_02/Hughes230607MOS_468x464.jpg[/img]Roeder would not have messed him about the guys a nutter!!!!

DISGRACED soccer star Lee Hughes put his manager in a headlock during a bust-up at a boozy players’ bash.Hughes, 32 — who served three years’ jail for killing another driver in a car crash — clashed with Oldham Athletic boss John Sheridan.The row at a “meet the fans” evening was sparked by heated discussions about the team’s recent slump in form and their tactics.Hughes was signed by Sheridan after he was released from prison, where he served half a six-year sentence for causing the death of a pensioner.

But Hughes, who has scored 17 goals this season, now faces being booted out of the League One club after the row at Manchester’s Belle Vue greyhound track.

Shocked fans invited to join their heroes watched in horror as the clash had to be broken up by security staff.Goalkeeper Mark Crossley helped separate Hughes and Sheridan.

The incident happened last Tuesday night when the club invited 150 supporters to meet the players and management staff at the bash.Oldham chief executive Alan Hardy said: “I am aware there were some incidents which are being investigated by the board of directors.“We are reviewing some CCTV footage and if any members of staff, including players, are found to have acted inappropriately we will take the strongest action.“The CCTV does show one or two confrontations and I cannot deny that the players mentioned were not involved.“The Belle Vue management were shocked and upset at some of the incidents. Apart from these incidents, it was a very successful night.”