Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

Which player can be a hero?

Well then, Roeder famously talked about new heroes (and he spoke a lot of other tosh too) but...there is an opportunity for someone in the team (or maybe two) to take on the mantle of greatness at the end of this miserable season - so much emphasis gets placed on the board and the manager but its players who do the stuff. There have been so many near misses, amazing saves by the other team''s goalkeepers this year as well as luck not running our way at times (d''urso) but there is a fantastic opportunity for a player who will basically keep us up (and protect 50 years worth of football in the top 2 divisions). Someone who can help us stave off relegation and possible administration. And for me, that is our hero.

Will it be Jamie with a goal every other game (i.e. another 6 and therefore tripling his tally for us for the season)? Will it be Doc with a rare headed goal or two? Marshall with some more late in the match saves? Crofty with more Ipswich heroics? Or someone we don''t know much about like Gow weighing in with a few, or Craney or a youth player like Daley? Maybe even Fozzy who has had stick most of the season? I would like to think players read these boards and that someone can take on the responsibility. There''s 12 games and over that short period I still feel there''s time for someone to come good and make that difference. It could be a rehabilitated Cort or the real star for the future, in this writer''s opinion - Hoolihan.

Whoever it is, we must back the team. Things look bleak but we are still cutting it against the so-called better teams and whatever gloom mongers  are saying (and I expect some flak) we have still lost just the once in the Yellow and Green Team''s short period in charge- so maybe our time will come (and it has to be against Cov),

Anyone else think like me that a player or two will make that difference? Crofty and Hoolihan are trying so hard, maybe its them - or someone else will simply apply the finishes?

on the ball city...

I seriously reckon jamie lad will score a hatrick against the scum and get a ratio of a goal a game till the end of season to keep us up!

Luke daley or Cody McDonald are the only possible heroes i can see. We need someone who could net us 10 goals between now and the end of the season.

There  are none left pal.

I remember thinking when we were in trouble last season: "We''ve got Hux, Dion and Ched - one of them will get us out of trouble."

Now I look at the team and I can''t see where it''s going to come from. We need a huge slice of luck basically.

Cody McDonald? Alan Gow? David Mooney? David Marshall? Wes Hoolihan?