Sign in to follow this  
Clint

Doc

I''m not trying to deflect the blame away from Marshall here because the pen was a result of his pathetic kick but because of this the Doc seems to be free of all blame.

If it was a pen, then how can the Doc be blame free.  I saw it from the Barclay end at it looked contentious but I''ve not seen it since.  In the unlikely event that D''urso got it right, then what exactly was the Doc doing?  It was a clumsy challenge at best and he knew if he mis-timed it, he would be sent off.  Would he not have been better off letting Marshall deal with his error and worse case scenario, the guys scores but at least its still 11 vs 11. 

I''ve just read the player ratings post and most people are still giving the Doc a 5 or 6.  He was terrible when on the pitch in our sieve-like defense and however rubbish Marshall''s kick was, played a major part in us losing yesterday. 

Utter rubbish. He was damned if he did and damned if he didn''t.

Can you imagine the stick he would have received if he had not put a challenge in and Adebola had scored.

In my opinion, our defensive problems are mainly coming from our dreadful full backs, Doc has been good this season.

[quote user="Clint"]

I''m not trying to deflect the blame away from Marshall here because the pen was a result of his pathetic kick but because of this the Doc seems to be free of all blame.

If it was a pen, then how can the Doc be blame free.  I saw it from the Barclay end at it looked contentious but I''ve not seen it since.  In the unlikely event that D''urso got it right, then what exactly was the Doc doing?  It was a clumsy challenge at best and he knew if he mis-timed it, he would be sent off.  Would he not have been better off letting Marshall deal with his error and worse case scenario, the guys scores but at least its still 11 vs 11. 

I''ve just read the player ratings post and most people are still giving the Doc a 5 or 6.  He was terrible when on the pitch in our sieve-like defense and however rubbish Marshall''s kick was, played a major part in us losing yesterday. 

[/quote]Rubbish what is the guy supposed to do let the striker have a free run on goal ,he HAD to put some sort of pressure on him for gods sake, you were right earlier on 100% Marshalls fault. And no he is not terrible it is J.Grounds who is terrible IMO looks very shaky and does not fill me with much confidence.

Marshall put the Doc in a no win situation!

The Doc is our best defender and you realise how good he is when hes not their and we see a poor CB Grounds come in on loan!

He was our best defender yesterday and his sending off virtually killed the game for us!

Clint you are a muppet, what the hell are you on about? Doc has easily this season been our best player. Marshall was at fault and is not a capable goal keeper.

You all seem to be missing the point.  Would it not have been possible for the Doc to make some kind of challenge without getting himself sent off?  Why does it have to be he either lets him run through to score or he takes him out?  It was just a typical Doc tackle.

Anyway, can you not read, I''m not blaming the Doc, I''ve said the pen was a result of Marshalls kick, I''m just saying no-one has mentioned the fact that it was a very clumsy challenge to make it in the box and he can''t be completely free of all blame.  GRD has even stated that the sending off killed the game for us.  Marshall effectively gave away a goal but it was the sending off that made it extremely difficult for us to get back in the match.  I fancied our chances with 11 on the pitch.

Yes, I am aware Marshall is c*** but IMO the Doc isn''t a great deal better.  As for him being our best player this season, how does that work then Coops?  He missed the first 3 months and we have shipped goals for fun ever since, I think Croft or Clingan may have something to say about that statement! 

I don''t think using Grounds to ''big up'' the Doc is also a very fair comparison.  Grounds in a young inexperienced left back playing out of position in a struggling side, with a clown in goal behind him whereas, the Doc is our experienced vice-captain and should be at the top of his game! 

It''s not the first time Doc has made the decision to go to ground where he looks unlikely to win the ball (and so get sent off and give away a penalty) - just as he always seems to wrap his arms around players who are getting away from him. He needs to start getting some basic decisions right. But, just so i don''t get a verballing - i know the second goal wasn''t doc''s fault, but he definitiely made a bad situation worse.

Marshall needs a week of intensive kicking practice - its been the weakest area of his game since he''s been at carrow road - its an obvious flaw that should be ironed out soon, espicially if he wants to get a few more scottish caps.

As for grounds, i can only assume he''ll be replaced at centre back by either Leijer (can anyone tell me why he wasn''t even on the bench?) or the chap from Stoke if he should eventually turn up, leaving grounds and bertrand to battle it out for first choice left back.

[quote user="Clint"]

You all seem to be missing the point.  Would it not have been possible for the Doc to make some kind of challenge without getting himself sent off?  Why does it have to be he either lets him run through to score or he takes him out?  It was just a typical Doc tackle.

Anyway, can you not read, I''m not blaming the Doc, I''ve said the pen was a result of Marshalls kick, I''m just saying no-one has mentioned the fact that it was a very clumsy challenge to make it in the box and he can''t be completely free of all blame.  GRD has even stated that the sending off killed the game for us.  Marshall effectively gave away a goal but it was the sending off that made it extremely difficult for us to get back in the match.  I fancied our chances with 11 on the pitch.

Yes, I am aware Marshall is c*** but IMO the Doc isn''t a great deal better.  As for him being our best player this season, how does that work then Coops?  He missed the first 3 months and we have shipped goals for fun ever since, I think Croft or Clingan may have something to say about that statement! 

I don''t think using Grounds to ''big up'' the Doc is also a very fair comparison.  Grounds in a young inexperienced left back playing out of position in a struggling side, with a clown in goal behind him whereas, the Doc is our experienced vice-captain and should be at the top of his game! 

[/quote]Lets be blunt here Clint in your eyes you are  obviously in the  lets hate doc camp ,and what ever we say to support Doc you ain''t going to agree,so on that last point i shall say no more in this thread as i fear we will all be going around in circles and to be honest its boring the pants of me regarding the Doc bashing that goes on in this forum.

[quote user="Armitage Shanks"][quote user="Clint"]

[/quote]
Lets be blunt here Clint in your eyes you are  obviously in the  lets hate doc camp ,and what ever we say to support Doc you ain''t going to agree,so on that last point i shall say no more in this thread as i fear we will all be going around in circles and to be honest its boring the pants of me regarding the Doc bashing that goes on in this forum.
[/quote]

Totally agree - Clint is clearly intent on doing a hatchett job here. Were you at the game, Clint, and in a position to see the incident clearly, like I was? The Doc played the ball before he made contact with Adebola - the direction of the ball after the challenge should have been a clue for the cretin of a ref, but he has obviously not played football to any level at all and he made the wrong decision (in much the same way that he got the challenge on Drury hopelessly wrong).

The doc has been our best defender by a mile this season - he ain''t skillful or great on the ball, but he does what he''s paid to do.

As is posted in other posts on this forum...Slowmo on Sky+ Doc diverted the ball 1st...(apparently)From were i was sitting it looked like a pen...IMO Doc is our best defender this season. Grounds has been lucky with his 2 goals but at least he''s scoring...IMO Marshall has had some clangers this season.... BUT  he is the best we have till Rudd comes into the 1st team (Sorry Nelson[:$])