Sign in to follow this  
The Voice Of Reason

How Badly Did Butterworth Want Gunns Job?

It''s playing on my mind that Butterworth applied for the managers job before it was given to Gunn.

http://www.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PINKUNOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED05%20Feb%202009%2010%3A17%3A33%3A083

I think that is the link, it''s a pinkun report 05/02/09 Butterworth - Survival Is The Key

I can''t help thinking that this small detail might turn out to be significant as the season ends and events develop.

I think all the management team are out of contract at the close of the season but it will prove interesting to see how badly Butterworth wants the top job.

It wouldn''t surprise me whether we stay up or go down, if Butterworth would step in anyway.  I reckon a lot of what we have now will stay in place for the summer.

it will be crook.... he wont give up a job thousans of miles away for a few months with no guarentee of a contract or job at the end of it would he? he''d be a fool if he did...

as far as im concerned Ian Crook is already Norwich City manager in all but name, he is just getting to know the players in training etc and stamp his seal on things before its all made official...

just my thoughts.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

it will be crook.... he wont give up a job thousans of miles away for a few months with no guarentee of a contract or job at the end of it would he? he''d be a fool if he did...

as far as im concerned Ian Crook is already Norwich City manager in all but name, he is just getting to know the players in training etc and stamp his seal on things before its all made official...

just my thoughts.

[/quote]

Completley agree, Gunn will go back to his old role and Crook will step in.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

just my thoughts.

[/quote]

would you uproot your family etc for 3 - 4 months? more questions than answers at the moment.

if they all want the job, is there a danger of politics getting in the way  and shifting their focus away from the task at hand. we don''t need any distractions the way things are

There is definitely something there for Crook. Totally agree that Gunn will move back upstairs again. Wouldn''t be surprised to see Chippy''s best mate Bowen back in some capacity, providing him and Hughes get sacked at Man City.