Sign in to follow this  
Victor Segura

Darel Russell

People moan about Fozzy but Russell just runs around like a headless chicken creating nothing and giving a way stupid free kicks,on other threads you''ve got people moaning about players such as hoolahan at least he tries to make things happen, but just because Russell has a bit of a Norwich connection he gets away with murder.I think we really need an attacking midfielder to replace him.

absolutely, even though he had a good game at wolves lets drop him. Lets bring in the "one bad game and you''re out" rule, guaranteed to get consistency in the team.

Whilst I agree that Fotheringhams had a poor season I''ve never jumped on the bandwagon saying hes the most awful thing since ever!

Fozzy does a lot of simplethingspeopledon''tsee!

Russell always gives his all but at times hes like a headless chciken

Even though i am probably Fotheringhams number 1 hater, i would start him ahead of Russell for the next game, he was diobolical yesterday.

And i would also think about dropping Otsemobor, he has been useless for the last few weeks now, he takes so much time on the ball and only shows his pace in flashes, so inconsistent.

[quote user="sam"]

Even though i am probably Fotheringhams number 1 hater, i would start him ahead of Russell for the next game, he was diobolical yesterday.

And i would also think about dropping Otsemobor, he has been useless for the last few weeks now, he takes so much time on the ball and only shows his pace in flashes, so inconsistent.

[/quote]

Hmmmm yes Semmy hasn''t been as good this season as last, not really sure what his problem was yesterday but I lost count the amount of times he just stood and watched the ball without running or even jogging.  Maybe he''s not been well or had a niggling injury, but if he wasn''t 100% he shouldn''t have been played.  He was in the whole inaffective [:|]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Was Rusty bad or were the opposition just better?  IMHO they were the better team on the day [:)][/quote]

Rusty was poor yesterday, especially in the first half. To be fair, Fozzy looked OK in the second half (especially the first 20 minutes or so), because the game was suited to his more defensive style.

[[quote user="sam"]

Hmmmm yes Semmy hasn''t been as good this season as last, not really sure what his problem was yesterday but I lost count the amount of times he just stood and watched the ball without running or even jogging.  Maybe he''s not been well or had a niggling injury, but if he wasn''t 100% he shouldn''t have been played.  He was in the whole inaffective [:|]

[/quote]

maybe that stuff about him having chest pains is holding him back, if not physically then maybe mentally

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="sam"]

[/quote]

[/quote] Or maybe he is just overrated and not a good footballer.

if you drop russell then we have a midfield who cannot tackle. Darel russell cannot be droped.

as for semmy he has been awful  this season. offers nothing defensively or offensively he just hides away in right back never wlling to come out of his shell to look for the ball and make things happen. if a scapegoat shopuld be made then it should be given to the worst player in the team for atributes such as abiility, performances and passion, semmy lacks all three and therefore is the player who should be droped

[quote user="bleach"][[quote user="sam"]

[/quote]

maybe that stuff about him having chest pains is holding him back, if not physically then maybe mentally

[/quote]

Erm who is Sam lol

I thought that Fozzy looked like he did when at his best last season.  For me it is no coincidence that Fozzy plays better when he is partnered by someone other than Clingan.   Both occupy the deep sitting space and so as a pair they simply will never work.   Based on sats performance Fozzy was streets ahead of clingan in midfield.

Rusty was shocking with both,  lethargic and second best in every respect,  even if he is being outclassed he can and should perform better than that.  For me midfield is either fozzy or clingan partnered with a midfielder who is looking to score from Gow, Rusty and Pattison.   

For me - give gow a go with fozzy.

Totally agree. The Fozzy/Russell thing reminds me a bit of Doc/Shackell. One player got twqice as much stick as the other simply because the other was a Norwich lad. Russell runs alot, occasionally make a tackel but has no clue what to do with the ball and also is absolutley useless in the area. If I was Gunn I would put Patty back in the middle.