Sign in to follow this  
hurricane

Shirts from players

Just a question........

If you were to catch a shirt thrown into the crowd by a player, would you wash it or keep it in its worn state forever??

[quote user="hurricane"]

Just a question........

If you were to catch a shirt thrown into the crowd by a player, would you wash it or keep it in its worn state forever??

[/quote]

I have one of Gunny''s shirts from way back when we beat Middlesborough, I also had his gloves which I gave to a childrens hospice to raise money at an auction.  So I would keep it, just as it is.

A friend of mine caught a shirt after the Crewe game in 2004.  After trying it on there and then, I can safely say, "wash it"!!!  [+o(]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="hurricane"]

Just a question........

[/quote]

I have one of Gunny''s shirts from way back when we beat Middlesborough, I also had his gloves which I gave to a childrens hospice to raise money at an auction.  So I would keep it, just as it is.

[/quote]

I remember running down the terrace to catch those (and the shirts from other players) only to see them fly back over my head.  Doh!

Good on you for auctioning the gloves. [y]

[quote user="JJ"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="hurricane"]

Just a question........

[/quote]

[/quote]

I remember running down the terrace to catch those (and the shirts from other players) only to see them fly back over my head.  Doh!

Good on you for auctioning the gloves. [y]

[/quote]

lol the old ground (Ayresome park) I gather you are talking about, what a shitehole, we got stood in the corner with fences about 7 foot high and weeds almost as high again, no proper bogs, in fact portaloo''s.  Christ alive, we really knew how to live it up in those days hehehe.  Although the pies were bloody lovely [:)]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

lol the old ground (Ayresome park) I gather you are talking about, what a shitehole, we got stood in the corner with fences about 7 foot high and weeds almost as high again, no proper bogs, in fact portaloo''s.  Christ alive, we really knew how to live it up in those days hehehe.  Although the pies were bloody lovely [:)]

[/quote]

Yep, it was Ayresome Park alright.  Great game but had a ropey journey there and back on Cabbage.  The police detained us in a lay-by for over an hour (miles from the ground) and herded us straight into the ground when we got there.  Was certainly a dump, but a memorable day nonetheless.

Back to shirts though, I actually know somebody who has (at least) three which he has obtained at games.  Drury, Hucks and Mulryne I think.  Not sure if he has washed them though!