Sign in to follow this  
Lankidoodles

D'Urso

[quote user="Lankidoodles"]I''ve heard from a source that Andy D''Urso is an Ipswich Fan...if this is true he should not be refereeing our team!![/quote]

yes.. he is... i had a friend who helped out at Loughborough FC a few years back.... they played against Billericay town once and Durso, being from Billericay, was at the game watching them... my mate recognised him and went over to chat to him... he told him he was an Ipswich fan and was at billericay as being from there he had a soft spot for them.....

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Lankidoodles"]I''ve heard from a source that Andy D''Urso is an Ipswich Fan...if this is true he should not be refereeing our team!![/quote]

yes.. he is... i had a friend who helped out at Loughborough FC a few years back.... they played against Billericay town once and Durso, being from Billericay, was at the game watching them... my mate recognised him and went over to chat to him... he told him he was an Ipswich fan and was at billericay as being from there he had a soft spot for them.....

jas :)

[/quote]

If this is true, it raises the interesting question, are Arsenal supporting referees allowed to take charge of Spurs games, or Man Utd supporting refs allowed to be the whistle blower for Man City games? I doubt it very much somehow.

Ipswich Town 1-0 Crystal Palace (2007)But it was Palace who had reason to be furious with referee Andy

D''Urso just two minutes into the second half when he failed to

award what seemed a penalty when Dan Harding appeared to handle a

bouncing ball.

He''s certainly a fan of Billericay Town because, like me, he played football for them as a kid.

Archer Memorial Field in my time.

He was the ref for  last season''s Colchester v Ipswich at Layer Road and gave them absolutely nothing, completely ignoring Lee''s blatant diving and the subsequent penalty appeals (three at least) from both the player and their bench.  Lee has fooled more people than D''Urso which I realise isn''t saying a lot.

For all I know he is a secret Scummer although I''ve only seen it mentioned on this board. 

Personally, I just think he isn''t very good, is inconsistent and unreliable.  Which is why, as I recall, FIFA booted him off their list. 

I don''t believe he is. For the simple reason, a few years ago, for my sins, I watched Ipswich play QPR at Portman Road (was good as they lost - it was the Sat before we played Man City infamously on the Monday - Delia).... He was dreadful that day, not particularly either way just awful.

Remember, he booked Barry Ferguson twice and didn''t send him off, in 2004 Southampton/Blackburn game.

I was under the impression that all referees were obliged to declare any allegiances to particular teams and, as such, were not allowed to officiate in matches involving these teams. Similarly, an Everton supporter, for example, would not be allowed to referee a Liverpool game.

[quote user="Mark Rivers..."]I don''t believe he is. For the simple reason, a few years ago, for my sins, I watched Ipswich play QPR at Portman Road (was good as they lost - it was the Sat before we played Man City infamously on the Monday - Delia).... He was dreadful that day, not particularly either way just awful. Remember, he booked Barry Ferguson twice and didn''t send him off, in 2004 Southampton/Blackburn game.[/quote]

I just think he isn''t very good.  If he is a secret Scummer it certainly did not help them at Colchester last season.