Sign in to follow this  
Bungay Canary

.how many clubs will go into administation this season

many people have said to me lately we will go down (mostly scummers) but i think our saving grace will be them going in to admin Charlton  Southampton  Watford  and maybe more    what do you all think 

Southampton are a certainty to go into admin while i can also see Charlton doing the same. Also looks like Bournemouth also looks like they could go into administration again. probably a few more league 1 and league 2 clubs will aswell

I think you''re clutching at straws hoping that any club will voluntarily or otherwise enter administration before they''re mathematically relegated.  It doesn''t make business sense such is the difference in projected/expected turnovers between a Champs club and a 1st division club.It would be in the creditors best interests for any debtor club in trouble to benefit from higher revenues next season and no creditor is likely to apply sufficient pressure to force the massive reduction in revenues on a club that owes them money.

[quote user="Bungay Canary"]many people have said to me lately we will go down (mostly scummers) but i think our saving grace will be them going in to admin Charlton  Southampton  Watford  and maybe more    what do you all think [/quote]

Watford are unlikely as Elton John''s back on board there. Southampton will go I reckon, just depends when...

[quote user="Bungay Canary"]many people have said to me lately we will go down (mostly scummers) but i think our saving grace will be them going in to admin Charlton  Southampton  Watford  and maybe more    what do you all think [/quote]

Its really a worry when you suggest we will be saved from relegation by other teams going into admin! But to be honest that is probably the stroke of luck we are gonna need. A week ago I was thinking how worrying it was that people were so upbeat about our chances after 4 games unbeaten. The most worrying part of that is that we were only 2 points from the relegation zone with all teams below us having at least 1 game in hand. 1 more game and a defeat later and people have suddenly woken up to that I think and can see we are still in desperate trouble. I really hope we survive as I think we may have a half chance of a descent season next year with a much improved team spirit. But I wouldn''t bet on us surviving at the moment.

It would depend when they went into admin.  Before 22nd March and they would take a points deduction this season, after that date and the deduction would be carried over until the following season.

Personally I''m sceptical about nearly all rumours of administration.  The assumption seems to be that if clubs that should be able to compete in the Championship (including us btw) are down the bottom, it can only be because they''re close to bankruptcy.  There could be (and probably are) other possible causes.  But if near-bankruptcy is the reason, you''d have to say that we''re at least as likely to go bust as they are.

[quote user="Potless Percy "]

It would depend when they went into admin.  Before 22nd March and they would take a points deduction this season, after that date and the deduction would be carried over until the following season.

[/quote]My understanding of the rules is this. As Potless says, if you go into administration before the March deadline the points deduction happens straight away, effectively relegating any team near the bottom.If you go into administration after March and you finish in the bottom three anyway and get relegated, then the deduction is held over until the next season, in the lower division.However, IF you finish above the bottom three, then the deduction is brought into effect and you end up getting relegated. In those circumstances the deduction is not held over even though you go into administration after the March deadline.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Potless Percy "]

[/quote]

My understanding of the rules is this. As Potless says, if you go into administration before the March deadline the points deduction happens straight away, effectively relegating any team near the bottom.

If you go into administration after March and you finish in the bottom three anyway and get relegated, then the deduction is held over until the next season, in the lower division.

However, IF you finish above the bottom three, then the deduction is brought into effect and you end up getting relegated. In those circumstances the deduction is not held over even though you go into administration after the March deadline.

[/quote]

Thanks for the clarification Purple.

For what it is worth, this is from the local Southampton paper recently:

"Despite some reports, there is no suggestion Saints will have to make such a decision [on administration], though. Although they are reliant on support from Barclays Bank, as well as

the stadium loan note holder Norwich Union, the board has been

implementing cuts to bring costs down.

"Many of the higher wage earners have been loaned out and other staffing reductions have been made. To date, those measures seem to have met with approval, as the club has retained the bank and loan note holder’s support.

"Should that support ever be removed, the situation would obviously change."From a distance Southampton had seemed the likeliest candidate for administration, but that story suggests their difficulties are not yet terminal.