Sign in to follow this  
Beauseant

FA Inquiry

The FA have announced that they will be investigating suspected foul play at Saturday''s game. The specific allegation is the use of a portable invisible wall to neutralise the impact of Jon Otsemebor''s forward runs. A gang of specially trained Bristol City elves apparently sneaked the invisible wall on to the Jarrold side of the Carrow Road pitch before the game while the crowd was captivated by the display by the Aviva Divas, placing it 5 yards inside the Bristol half. At half time, once again taking advantage of the crowds'' captivation by the Crossbar Challenge, the elves moved it across to the other side of the pitch where Otsemebor repeatedly ran into it before slowly gathering his thoughts and passing the ball backwards.

The FA are appealing for anyone who spotted the elves and feels able to identify them to come forward so that justice can be done.

Referee Andy D''Urso apparently saw one of the elves, but thought it was his hero Jim Magilton and was too awe struck to take action.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

The FA have announced that they will be investigating suspected foul play at Saturday''s game. The specific allegation is the use of a portable invisible wall to neutralise the impact of Jon Otsemebor''s forward runs. A gang of specially trained Bristol City elves apparently sneaked the invisible wall on to the Jarrold side of the Carrow Road pitch before the game while the crowd was captivated by the display by the Aviva Divas, placing it 5 yards inside the Bristol half. At half time, once again taking advantage of the crowds'' captivation by the Crossbar Challenge, the elves moved it across to the other side of the pitch where Otsemebor repeatedly ran into it before slowly gathering his thoughts and passing the ball backwards.

The FA are appealing for anyone who spotted the elves and feels able to identify them to come forward so that justice can be done.

Referee Andy D''Urso apparently saw one of the elves, but thought it was his hero Jim Magilton and was too awe struck to take action.

[/quote]

Been at the sauce a little early today?

I usually find pink Dumbos about!

It''s far easier to explain, someone tied his boots to the goal post, so he had to run like hell for the elastic to stretch to the half way line. At that point it was pass quickly before being shot backwards.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

3D Emoticon 13

Gotcha!!!!!!!!

And the little so and so is in our colours too!!

Dear, oh dear, what next?

OTBC 

[/quote]

That''s the one!

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

3D Emoticon 13

Gotcha!!!!!!!!

OTBC 

[/quote]

That''s the one!

[/quote]

lol thanks for this thread, made me giggle [:)]

3D Emoticon 13

Gotcha!!!!!!!!

OTBC 

[/quote]

That''s the one!

[/quote]

Conundrum though. What shall I do with him? Dear oh dear

I''m think going to send him round to Delia''s for deep frying, unless you posters can suggest a more appropriate destiny. Or I could shrink wrap him and put him up as the Jackpot Prize at halftime next home match.

But at least he''d be out the county down there in Stowmarket.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

3D Emoticon 13

Gotcha!!!!!!!!

OTBC 

[/quote]

That''s the one!

[/quote]

I''m think going to send him round to Delia''s for deep frying, unless you posters can suggest a more appropriate destiny. Or I could shrink wrap him and put him up as the Jackpot Prize at halftime next home match.

OTBC

[/quote]

How about clingfilm him into a ball, and we use him as the ball for crossbar challenge?

Ruth Madoc, The Nimmo Twins and Neil Innes all have three things in common. They were all born in Norfolk, profess to be "comedians" but are just unfunny. I think there must be some sort of equation here, that despite however hard we try, it''s just not in our (Norfolk) blood to make people laugh.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

3D Emoticon 13

Gotcha!!!!!!!!

OTBC 

[/quote]

That''s the one!

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

How about clingfilm him into a ball, and we use him as the ball for crossbar challenge?

[/quote]

Having watched Saturday''s challenge I wonder if they should substitute helium balloons for the footballs so the contestants can actually get them off the ground[:D]

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"]Ruth Madoc, The Nimmo Twins and Neil Innes all have three things in common. They were all born in Norfolk, profess to be "comedians" but are just unfunny. I think there must be some sort of equation here, that despite however hard we try, it''s just not in our (Norfolk) blood to make people laugh.[/quote]

But Delia, you don''t have any Norfolk blood do you dear.

OTBC

I feel so guilty now that I yelled at Otsemobor to run at various points of the game. Now I know that it was not his fault that he could not move forward once he got near to the half-way line. Hopefully the elves will not be at our next game.    

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Oooh Ooooh Beau!! I saw one, I did I did.  He was runnning around in circles tripping over, wearing pointy boots and trying to kick the ball but missing every time, oh, and a big yellow shirt with a big green number 10 on the back.

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Oooh Ooooh Beau!! I saw one, I did I did.  He was runnning around in circles tripping over, wearing pointy boots and trying to kick the ball but missing every time, oh, and a big yellow shirt with a big green number 10 on the back.

[/quote]

But I bet he was bleeding yellow and green and wanted to do well for the club, so just be patient and give him another half dozen starts!

Having studied closely the content and inferences on this thread, I am left with no option but to report fully it''s content to Jo Brand.

The whole basis of the theme is derogatory to a hard working group of yellow and green vertically challenged individuals.

How would you like creatures bigger than you making fun of your best work, even when they had also had to fill in a health and saftey analysis.

Pixie glass is not an easy commodity to work with and demands a skill level that cannot be found in natives of this county.

If it could you might not need us in such large numbers that are now inhabiting large areas of inner city pixiedom.

We are on the march, our protests will be seen as far away as Kings Lynn (as soon as we can purchase enough bread to placate the local inhabitants.)

Golly gosh, it''s getting even funnier, now I''m wiping away the tears from my eyes, I''m just laughing so much. It''s just so pathetic but, then, my posts to days ratio since I first came on as a sub all those years ago is only a miserable 0.71. I only get a few minutes to post a message and then I''m off. Doesn''t do much for one''s confidence I can tell you, especially as the seniors with such long tenures on here are always sneering at me and making sarky remarks.

[quote user="Lord Snooty"]Golly gosh, it''s getting even funnier, now I''m wiping away the tears from my eyes, I''m just laughing so much. It''s just so pathetic but, then, my posts to days ratio since I first came on as a sub all those years ago is only a miserable 0.71. I only get a few minutes to post a message and then I''m off. Doesn''t do much for one''s confidence I can tell you, especially as the seniors with such long tenures on here are always sneering at me and making sarky remarks.[/quote]

So that''s 2 posts today (better than average) on a thread you state you find less than amusing. Strange that.

Some of us work and find time for a little jocularity in between the drudgery to brighten OUR days.

Back to the Beano or was it  the Dandy for you.[:D]

[quote user="The Butler"]

We are on the march, our protests will be seen as far away as Kings Lynn (as soon as we can purchase enough bread to placate the local inhabitants.)

[/quote]

I would respectfully suggest that a working knowledge of Polish is a prerequisite of any meaningful protest in our great metropolis[:D] Some bread would be nice though, I''m fed up with chewing peat.

That''s my last post for today btw, I need to get my average down to placate the humour police.[:P]

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="Lord Snooty"]Golly gosh, it''s getting even funnier, now I''m wiping away the tears from my eyes, I''m just laughing so much. It''s just so pathetic but, then, my posts to days ratio since I first came on as a sub all those years ago is only a miserable 0.71. I only get a few minutes to post a message and then I''m off. Doesn''t do much for one''s confidence I can tell you, especially as the seniors with such long tenures on here are always sneering at me and making sarky remarks.[/quote]

So that''s 2 posts today (better than average) on a thread you state you find less than amusing. Strange that.

Some of us work and find time for a little jocularity in between the drudgery to brighten OUR days.

[/quote]

No, no, no, you''re wrong , the thread does amuse me but perhaps not in the way you would appreciate. And of course I don''t read the Dandy or Beano but then that''s exactly the sort of silly, sarky attempted insult that you and yours indulge in so much on here sadly.

[quote user="Lord Snooty"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

No, no, no, you''re wrong , the thread does amuse me but perhaps not in the way you would appreciate. And of course I don''t read the Dandy or Beano but then that''s exactly the sort of silly, sarky attempted insult that you and yours indulge in so much on here sadly.

[/quote]

Insult! That was not even an attempt. I don''t go in for low level insults.

One of those is were Lord Snooty originated, well when I read it over 50 years ago. Along with Desperate Dan and Keyhole Kate!

Who is you and yours?

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Lord Snooty"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Insult! That was not even an attempt. I don''t go in for low level insults.

One of those is were Lord Snooty originated, well when I read it over 50 years ago. Along with Desperate Dan and Keyhole Kate!

Who is you and yours?

[/quote]

Oh, sorry, I thought that your "Back to the Beano or was it the Dandy for you"  followed by the silly :D was your attempt at a dismissive insult aimed at me. Sorry if I got that wrong. Lord Snooty was in the Beano of course, reminds me of my childhood days so I thought it was appropriate for this MB.

Anybody know what His Lordship''s problem is this week?

OTBC

[/quote]

I''m guessing PMT.

[/quote]

More likely hot flushes, I''m told.

And a short attention span.

OTBC

OTBC

[/quote]

I''m guessing PMT.

[/quote]

That''s a bit puerile isn''t it ?

Your posts are usually constructive and interesting but when you go into the playground to show solidarity with your friends you just get silly.

[quote user="Lord Snooty"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

I''m guessing PMT.

[/quote]

Your posts are usually constructive and interesting but when you go into the playground to show solidarity with your friends you just get silly.

[/quote]

Problem confirmed then.

Dear oh dear oh dear.

OTBC

[quote user="Lord Snooty"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

I''m guessing PMT.

[/quote]

[/quote]

No Your Lordship, I''m just finding myself with time on my hands in the office today. One of the reasons I post so often  is that I have the luxury as my own boss of being near a computer all day. However, the main one is that I enjoy a bit of banter as much as a good argument, and find some posters efforts very entertaining. Sometimes I find posts annoying or puerile and simply pass them by, although sometimes I bite, as you appear to have. I don''t understand quite why you appear to be so grumpy today, and I''m sorry if my attempts at humour have offended you in some way, but I wrote the OP to amuse myself as much as anything, as well as trying to deal with an issue which had irritated the hell out of me on Saturday in a lighthearted way.

Being a little bit silly on here is an occasional escape from the realities of the recession and trying to keep staff employed, so apologies again, but, as someone who took himself way too seriously when I joined the forum, can I respectfully suggest that you lighten up a bit?