Sign in to follow this  
barclay4ever

jobs for friends? this is getting carried away

im all for norwich being a family club, a club where ex players can feel at home and come home and apply their experties but i cant help but feel this is getting carried away and simply highlights gunns lack of connections. im not slating gunn, i quite like him and its yet to be seen whether hes "right or wrong" for the job but being that hes a first time manager and has hardly travelled round many/any clubs since his retirement i worry he has a lack of decent connections capable of bringing in high quality players/ staff, especially compared to roeder.

in recent weeks this seems to have been highlighted. jobs for friends, like i say, is a great ethos for any football club to run by but the fact that wev only brought in staff who used to player for us is raising my little eyebrows. crooky sounds like he was jumping a sinking ship anyway and is paul crichton really the best we could get as a new gk coach? the fact that every new staff member wev employed is a former player is making me think wer only bringing them in because theyr ex players, regardless of the cv.

the players wev brought in would seem to support gunns lack of numbers in the phone book. the usual scottish card is being played and wev started clearing out rangers and celtic ressies. and now wer bringing back former players in shacks - gunny "bumped into him last week" and realised he wasnt in micks first team plans. hardly cut throat wheeling and dealing. atleast wen we had roeder u felt he could pull a few strings and bring in som prem quality for a few months at the least.

i like gunn, hes definately likable. then i liked grant and he was never up to the job. we need someone more savvy, and sjt cos roeder didnt work out doesnt mean we shud turn our back on outsiders. someone please reassure me and tell me im jst getting carried away, or has anybody being thinking the same thing?

[quote user="CT the Jarrold king"]But gunnys the answer [8-)]

Yeah only if the question is : who  (short term or long term) with the help of the current board is going to relegate us?
[/quote]

But Roeder was leading us that way anyhow.

Try turning your negativity into some positivity and getting behind Bryan and the lads [:)]

How can I be positive?We''ve got a board who *apparently* are skint, we''ve got an in-experienced manager who looks as though he is here for the long term, happy clappy fans who are satisfied because they apparently have their club back, no money and team that is so frustrating to watch (can be excellent sometimes and just plain rubbish).I''m all for getting behind the team but I''ve been doing it since 2002 and look where we are.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="CT the Jarrold king"]But gunnys the answer [8-)]

Yeah only if the question is : who  (short term or long term) with the help of the current board is going to relegate us?
[/quote]

But Roeder was leading us that way anyhow.

Try turning your negativity into some positivity and getting behind Bryan and the lads [:)]

[/quote]

And risk having to rush him to hospital? The operation to seperate CT''s tongue from Wiz''s arse is too dangerous to contemplate.